Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

South Grunvald Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 65 Feedback' started by Jason_M, Apr 30, 2019.

?

What do you think about the Southern Grunvald Scavengers?

Poll closed May 30, 2019.
  1. I'm a dragon slayer! Challenge me! (Copy the assassins in all their glory)

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I like entertainment, but I like to solo (slightly nerfed assassins)

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. No stealth skills, please, but I'd prefer the waves to be progressive

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. But I LOVE pissants! (no change)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Hello dear developers and players.

I'd like to give some feedback about the dragon spawn change that was recently added. I like the new method. And I like the NPC banter, too.

However, if I may make a suggestion: While I understand the purpose of the spawn, it doesn't need to be filler.

Any scavenger who wants to rob a dragon had better be sneaky!

The assassins in Britany Sewers (banner room) would be ideal for this. Re-skinned, of course, so as not to look like ebon dawn.

I like the new system a lot, but the scavengers are boring. After the second or third time it just feels like filler... but it needn't be so :)

Thanks for reading.

Kaeen and Lazlo like this.
  2. BishopFaulken

BishopFaulken Avatar

Clearing the waves to end up spawning only a baby red dragon wasn't very impressive.

Kaeen and Jason_M like this.
  3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

If you look around that zone, there was an incident where a nearby resident lost a lvoe done or friend, i cant remember, but he himself went in search of what happened to them. Would be great to make the wave spawn go alogn with that in some way. (there was a note left on a nearby adobe house in the scene)

There is also a skeleton with a ominous letter in a cove agaisnt the canyon walls close to the area all the skeletons spawn at

Jason_M likes this.
  4. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

That was a let down, yes. Now that there is something to "beat" or "pass" before the "reward" - all in quotes because that is how it is perceived - it is quite disappointing to go through that whole mess just to get a little ****. The whole shebang takes me 10 minutes, so getting slapped with the RNG spawn is a long-duration sting.

Making the enemies more interesting/less predictable would go a ways to making the whole affair more entertaining.

After all, the dragon is a cool reward, and so we don't want to spoil the experience by making the wave battle feel like a punishment.

I'd seen the notice on the house but I didn't know about the skeleton. How cool would it be if it weren't the dragon that nabbed his wife but the scavengers trying to scare off witnesses?

I wish they'd do something with that, too :)

5. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I haven't been playing lately and I didn't even know about this change until I read this thread this thread a couple hours ago. I logged in to check it out, and I gotta say, I think it's a really good change. It neutralizes zone respawn boss farming in a way that doesn't involve just waiting around or doing some tedious RNG based task. I agree that the wave mobs could have some more sizzle, but they're a lot more interesting than nothing.

I don't really consider this to be a nerf to anything other than zone respawning, which is a good thing. I can kill more dragons now than I could before if I were to just wait for them to respawn, and get more xp and loot also. Having wave battles tied together with bosses makes it a lot easier to reward people for kill speed since there is less required down time.

I did a couple of rounds and it came out like this:

2:49 scavengers cleared
    3:06 red dragon spawn
    4:44 red dragon dead
    7:22 scavengers respawn
    10:02 scavengers dead
    10:18 black dragon spawn
    13:29 black dragon dead

Between spawns I was busy almost the entire time mining the gold and silver and looting leftover corpses. There gets to be more downtime after the second clear, but it's still way less than just waiting 8 minutes or whatever it was before. I cleared a few times and was getting a new dragon about 5:30-6:00 after the previous died and was keeping mostly busy. I really liked trying to mow down all the guys as fast as possible, and to me, this was a lot more fun than any dragon killing I have done in a while.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Amariithynar, Sannio and Jason_M like this.
  6. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

@Lazlo Sizzle is the word. A little more sizzle would make an improvement into a proper game feature worth bragging about :D

Lazlo likes this.
  7. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

@Lazlo I don't mind the spawners before the dragon, but when I went there half the time the trash mob baby dragon spawned, and that turned me off completely.

It then became a 50% chance of just wasting my time.

Jason_M and Lazlo like this.
  8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

They may have changed that at some point, because I only ever got normal red or black dragons when I went. I might have just been lucky, but I think I did about 10 rounds, so maybe they took the baby ones out.

9. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I went there two weeks ago last and I got the baby dragon twice out of maybe six rounds (but not in the same session).

But I do agree with @Elnoth that the baby dragon is a big disappointment considering the time invested and the busy work endured.

Kaeen likes this.
  10. Pablo Hassahn

Pablo Hassahn Avatar

I don't get baby dragons that often, guys, but that's still a dull experience to slay low level mobs before dragon appears.

Also, sometimes dragon does not land at all, making all melee players close to useless fighting it. Very frustrating sometimes if we take into account that dragons are probably the most interesting content (challenging + Adv EXP + Craft EXP + loot) for soloing on 95-105 levels when Tears and The Rise are what you see in nightmares. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.