tailor lvl'ing guides?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snowdog, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

I did a search but didn't find anything interesting/informative

Does anyone have a like to how best to lvl my tailoring skills? I am 62 now and just returning to the game after a long hiatus

Sole likes this.
  2. jmcclain

jmcclain Avatar

Find mobs that drop cloth or leather items. Salvage those items with salvaging locked its probably the cheapest way to increase the tailoring skill.

Jaesun, Snowdog and Sole like this.
  3. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Pick whichever way you find the most efficient or fun to gain producer XP into your pool. I did it by turning all field dressing skills to not train. Then in tier 5+ every creature you skin is 1k XP you can spend on tailoring.

Then spend the XP on tailoring by salvaging the cloth and leather drops off mobs. This way you don't need to make tailoring stuff with no value using up valuable resources.

Master working on tailoring is a different matter though.

How to get producer XP in your pool is basically how you save anything (in the real world too). Just stop spending it.

Regards
    Spung

Snowdog and Sole like this.
  4. Sole

Sole Avatar

You need to have large enough producer xp pool to raise the skill quickly. Good way to get more producer xp is to skin all the animals you have killed, mine ore nodes etc. higher level scenes give you more xp.

Crafting recipes give you also xp, specially when you make them first time. Higher level recipes give you more xp. I know people have been making wolf hats to get xp.

I haven't seen any difference what you craft to raise your skill when you have enough xp.

There is now also Obsidian Potions of Guidance in the game. They help you to raise skill +300% faster for 7 earth days if you have xp needed for the levels.

Snowdog and Spungwa like this.
  5. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

This has good examples of how to raise your pool.

I would only advise a guidance potion if your pool is very large though - 6+ million.

For the basic skill and using salvaging, there is no real material cost to levelling. So this kind of power levelling is not required.

For masterwork, that will cost a lot of silver ingots and make useless and near valueless items at the beginning, I would suggest this. Get the highest skill increase per silver ingot invested that you can.

Regards
    Spung

Snowdog and Sole like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you already have the experience in your pool then go to the Tower of the Shuttered Eye, collect as many books as you can carry (hint: holding down the control key while clicking on the books will move them to your inventory without having to drag them), take them to a tailoring station and then salvage them. Use an obsidian potion of guidance for faster results.

[edit] For some unknown reason, some of the books are not salvagable. Just delete those once you're done salvaging the rest.

[edit2] Try turning off auto-stacking in the options before collecting the books or you will have to manually unstack them at the crafting station.

[edit3] You can also raise Carpentry and Carpentry Salvage this way too.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Jaesun and Snowdog like this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Fairly certain there’s a reason for that. If you could salvage every single book you found in the Epitaph....... oh my.......

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm pretty sure it's just a bug.

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.