Quality of Life for house collapse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cear Dragon, May 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cear Dragon

Cear Dragon Avatar

Heyooooo

So I just recovered from a two week long power supply explosion / pc rebuild that kept me off-line at the worst time. I logged on today one day after my poor observatory fell. I noticed some things that I think could make the experience of a house falling suck tremendously less.

Best case:
    When you home falls, IF you have a spot open in the property manager, put it there! Let me take it out after taxes have been paid. We have a perfect system in place for preserving homes and this isnt UO where a house fall is a server wide party. No one wins. You might as well make it easy for a player to get back into housing in stead of the entire estate barfing into my bank inventory.

Next best case:
    If you absolutely have to dump everything in my inventory disorganized and out of oder with everything else in there please dear zog consider putting it in its own crate. That alone would make restoring my manner a lot easier.

I really think we should seek to use the existing system as a solution. My home was but a meager village lot. If my castle fell due to unforeseen circumstances and I have to rummage through my overloaded bank inventory to restore it id probably sell my account lol. But seriously I think this is worth looking into. Thoughts? Would be neat if there were a mobile companion app I could pay taxes on and monitor things remotely... mwuhahah.

Good to be back. See you in new britannia.

Bedawyn, Elwyn, FrostII and 5 others like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this is the plan. it needs tech work.

3. Cear Dragon

Cear Dragon Avatar

Well thats flippin great news. Perhaps options two can get worked on as well for people with no slots left. Or maybe option 1 will create a temp slot

4. Lained

Lained Avatar

Until they get sending to the property manager working you can sort your bank by the deposit location and items sent there from an unclaimed/expired lot will have Lot (Town Name) as the location it's easy then to pick them all up once and drop into their own container.

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Cear Dragon

Agreed on the put an expired lot into the property manager slots, that is a long overdue promise.

But something else caught my eye as well...

[​IMG]

6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Ideally:
    1) At two days prior, and again at 12 hours prior, send an in-game mail message to the Avatar that their house is about to collapse.
    2) Have ingame mail send an email to the account owner with the content of the text.
    3) When it does collapse, put it into the property manager (if a slot is available), or into an eviction crate if not (using the crate will expand all of the items into the current bag/inventory, but should weigh a lot until it is expanded). Bonus points if the collapse process also sends you a mail message with a list of the items that were just evicted.
    4) Use the same eviction crate process when you are removed from a lot you are renting.

Also, all mail messages should go into a Mail Journal, rather than just existing as floating pieces of paper. Searchable, please.

7. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

What currently happens when someone gets evicted from a POT? Presumably the same and should also go to property manager

8. Lained

Lained Avatar

Sames as unclaimed & expired lots goes to the bank with Lot(town name) as the deposit location.
    Aye.

9. Cear Dragon

Cear Dragon Avatar

It means exactly what I think it means
    http://thezogcabal.com

10. Cear Dragon

Cear Dragon Avatar

Yeah, it just happens to be my town so everything i own is that location

11. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Yes, as @Spoon indicated, it is a long time back-burner idea at this point.

Perhaps the tech is time consuming or insurmountable - there is no time table on if it’s a go or no-go.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  12. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.