Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info Needed] Control Points Broken!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Release 65 Feedback' started by Doobober, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doobober

Doobober Avatar

The control points are broken. I was under the impression they were supposed to be rather challenging. The ease of taking a control point and holding it, as of 65, could be accomplished by a lvl35 player. I do not think that was what was intended. Please fix control points ASAP

2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

We are not aware of any issues with control points at this time. What problems are you seeing?

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I know people are getting 10 min attenuation now in UT.

4. Lord Subtleton

Is that from a control point? The OP specifically mentions control point(s).

5. Doobober

Doobober Avatar

The control point is supposed to ramp up with hard adversaries each time. The final wave is supposed to somewhat continuously spawn over and over again until they, the monsters, take over the control point from you. This was working properly up until 65. Now, you get the slow ramp up and a single wave of the top level and then nothing for like 5 minutes. That is a wave, not a control point.

6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I see my bad UT is often refereed to as a cp, I understand it is it’s own thing. I’ll /moonwalk outta this convo sorry.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What specific control point are you doing?

8. Doobober

Doobober Avatar

I did both Sanctus and confirmed the same thing at superstitious.

9. Lord Subtleton

Thank you for the post. It sounds like you are seeing a change in behavior of a control point from previous releases. I don't believe we have made any design changes to control points for this release. Perhaps what you are seeing is a bug. We would need more information in order to look into this. One way to write up a bug is to go to the location in-game and then use the /bug chat command. That will provide location information. Any other information you can provide about what isn't working will be helpful to getting this resolved.

Jaesun likes this.
  10. Doobober

Doobober Avatar

So I need to go and provide the exact same information I provided here, in the bug thing in-game, which, when I click on the icon, takes me back to the forums? I am confused

11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it doesn't just send you to the forums, it puts a bunch of information onto your clipboard. paste that into the thread.

12. Doobober

Doobober Avatar

13. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

As of Release 65, all control points should be have enemy defenders who are replaced initially after 180 seconds, with each timespan between replacements getting shorter and shorter until wave 7 when replacements should come every 30 seconds. (Prior to this release, only Superstition Canyon and Sanctus Spine had this faster-and-faster replacement rate, while the other four control points replaced at a flat 180 second time frame.) Waves should keep coming and coming until the control point is lost by the player. None of the enemies were changed in R65, only the timing. However, we did add some improvements to wave battles in general, which could affect control point battles, so details are critical.

The following questions apply to anyone reporting control point issues.
    1. Which control point are you reporting?
    2. When you take control of the control point and kill the enemies, about how long before a replacement wave spawns?
    3. Do the replacement waves get more and more frequent?
    4. If you can defend the control point for 7+ waves, what is the shortest amount of time between replacement waves?
    5. If the control point resets while you still own it, about how many waves have passed before it resets?
    6. If the control point resets while you still own it, where are you standing at that time? (Use /loc in your chat to copy your location and paste that information in your bug report.)

Any other details you can think of will be helpful!

Jaesun likes this.
  14. Doobober

Doobober Avatar

1. Which control point are you reporting? Both Sanctus Spine and Superstition Canyon
    2. When you take control of the control point and kill the enemies, about how long before a replacement wave spawns? Seems to be about 180 seconds. Have not timed it.
    3. Do the replacement waves get more and more frequent? As of today, no. They spawn and then we wait another 180 seconds.
    4. If you can defend the control point for 7+ waves, what is the shortest amount of time between replacement waves? 180 seconds
    5. If the control point resets while you still own it, about how many waves have passed before it resets? 7
    6. If the control point resets while you still own it, where are you standing at that time? (Use /loc in your chat to copy your location and paste that information in your bug report.) 102.4, 7.9, 76.9

15. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for all the extra details! Issue #64726

16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

• Adjusted control points and various wave spawners”
    From the patch notes for build 959

17. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

To fast loot despawn......... no time for looting, after killing mob's in wave, all corps despawn...

18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

You just need to get a good looter in your party. I know of 4 players that are really good looters and will hardly miss any of them, sara, doobober, girlsname and elrond. Funny as this is finding a really good looter like those 4 is really really hard.

I tested and the control points are fixed now, but hardly any essence now. I went from 300-400 per attenuation to 60 per attenuation.

Elwyn, Girlsname and Jaesun like this.
  19. Amariithynar

Amariithynar Avatar

People being good at looting mid-combat is no grounds for dismissing the complaint of *all corpses despawning when the last mob from a wave is dead*, which is what he said was his issue. Now, whether or not that issue is legitimate, I can't say; he could just be a slow wave clearer and unable to kill things before the natural loot timer runs out, and is hyperbolizing losing any of the earlier corpses to "all", but please, address what he actually said and don't dismiss it.

20. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I am not trying to dismiss it, I am trying to offer a solution. As well, I think there might be a reason why any bodies down before the next wave begins disappear, could create a lot of lag or can make it too easy if you use corpse explosion. If the bodies just stayed there, you could probably solo the control points super easy and fast with just corpse explosion alone.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.