1. This forum section contains Blog style threads from the Developers, and/or threads with details about what they have been working on, previews of upcoming content, and sometimes backstory associated with the content. Players are permitted to reply to these threads if the developer has indicated it is permissible by leaving the thread unlocked. Please note that TOS applies, and any abuse or trolling will be moderated.
    Dismiss Notice

Construction Decoration Set! (as promised from the R60 Livestream)

Discussion in 'Developer Work and Blog posts' started by Scottie, May 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottie

Scottie Master Artisan SOTA Developer

Please provide me specific asset names exactly, if you can, so I can find them and make sure to fix them all... ^_^

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If we got non-teachable recipes then those who have the recipes would be able to craft and sell the items to others giving them an economic advantage that those who missed the stretch goal could never achieve.

Scottie likes this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Here are the various room dividers:
    In the interest of completeness, fixing the various wall deco would go a long way toward this as well:
    I'm sure there are more, but those would be the biggest ones necessary for constructing our own lots and scenes.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

How about bulletin boards. I can place roses to try to highlight the flyers that can barely be seen. Players have said they didn't know anything was on them and they have also said the didn't know to point at signs to read them. Perhaps a prompt of some kind notifies there's something to read. Thanks @Scottie as always. **blowskisses**

Scottie and Alley Oop like this.
  5. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

You are saying everyone should get the telethon rewards? Retroactive, also?
    So disadvantages for some are ok (at least -10$)?

@Scottie already opens a door with the recipe idea that these items can be shared more as it would be if ready made items are delivered. It is not a proper behaviour to take the arm also. (Da wird der kleine Finger gereicht, aber es gibt immer Leute die meinen man muß direkt den ganzen Arm abreißen (translate it yourself i am not fit enough in english))

Many players have more then one account and try to get telethon rewards on all of them. They already sell the ready made items on the market. If Port. would give out Non-Teachable paper recipes, this would be an improvement:
    - The construction set items are cheaper, because they are craftable and due to this there are more items available.
    - Once the main or crafter char has read the recipes the other are not needed anymore, the will find they way to the community. Also to those that do not have given or where able to give some $.
    - Tradeable Non-Teachable paper recipes wouldn't devalue the telethon items to much.
    - This allows to share telethon items with others and reproduce this items accordingly to the demand.
    - This would also help the economy a little. (the wood demand raises for a while)

If they decide to deliver tradeable non-teachable paper recipes, i personally craft you one of each item and deliver it to you, for free. If you stop crying.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Scottie and Senash Kasigal like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

No, I said that it should be a teachable recipe. If not then it should remain as it is (no recipe).

7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Consider that some previous telethon rewards created a market. You can craft you own fan, for example, but you can't use the /fan emote unless you learn if from someone who got it during the telethon. This could be the same for recipes; you can't learn the recipe unless you get it from someone who earned it during the telethon (either as a physical recipe page, or as a Teachable recipe).

Making in Non-Teachable means only those who backed the telethon can *ever* craft it, which drastically reduces the number of people you can purchase from, increases the price, and could mean that some of these items are (for all intents and purposes) never available.

8. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Im really excited about the growing number of placeable objects

9. Scottie

Ohhhh! OK, I get it now... Thanks for that explanation... I'll see if I can address this with Starr...

10. Scottie

EXCELLENT!!! This is exactly what I need to make whatever fixes I can over this weekend... Thanks so MUCH!

11. Scottie

OH! This is a great idea too! Can you already attach roses to walls? Remember, only things that can be "hung" on the walls can be placed on these vertical collision surfaces I'm enacting...

Please share with me the asset name or names of these place-able bulletin boards, and I'll see if my fix works for them as well...

Scottie ^_^

12. Scottie

Come now, my friends...let's be nice to each other here... ;) In my humble opinion, Barugon wasn't "crying", honestly, he was just trying to help clarify his thoughts and concerns to me about the very delicate issue of making sure everyone has cool toys to play with in the game, without making angry those who paid for exclusive rewards, or misbalancing the game economy... I truly appreciate any input (including both yours and Barugon's) to help enlighten me, because I'm very much in the camp of wanting to make everyone as generally satisfied as I can...yet I rarely have the time to play the game I helped create as if I were a devoted/invested player such as yourselves... ^_^

Scottie ^_^

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  13. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

A non-teachable recipe will flood the market with these items given a couple of months at probably 0-10% above the cost of materials. Guild mates will do these for cost of materials, friends will as well. The recipe would be less lucrative than the value of the rewards would be, but if it's non-teachable it's still sort of a reward AND it means all these items get widely distributed.

Dhanas, Spoon, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  14. Scottie

Thanks Jayson! This is good to know, and will help me discuss this with Starr and Chris to determine the best way to handle this...

15. Scottie

That's good to consider as well... At the end of the day, I'd love to see these become more widely-distributed, but without taking away the value that our generous Livestream patrons feel they've received for their money...

Lord Stein likes this.
  16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

(Hey, since you're already making deco work on top of other deco, maybe this bug could get looked at....)

Scottie likes this.
  17. Scottie

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I'm not familiar with those particular deco objects, but I'll dig into them and see what I can fix!

It would HUGELY help me if you could provide me with an explicit list of the exact names of each of the deco items that need fixing... By getting those specific names, I'll be able to give my test character those objects easily, and place them in my test-scene... (the in-game names of the objects never match the asset names as they were created by artists like me, so providing me those in-game deco names makes the process MUCH faster for me, because I get to skip the step of me fumbling blindly for them in the editor)...

Thanks!

Scottie ^_^

18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Small Stone Ruins
    Medium Stone Ruins
    Large Stone Ruins

As noted in the bug report, they did work this way at one time. I can't say for sure when they broke. I only discovered the issue when I accidentally let a claim expire. After re-claiming the lot I was unable to deco it as I had previously. My other lot was claimed with a tax-free deed, so I didn't lose the deco work there., but I can no longer add to it or move any of the items around.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Hazard likes this.
  19. Skye Azure

Skye Azure Avatar

@Scottie
    I was EXTREMELY fortunate to have been voted into the Top 10 of the Recent Mount Midir deco comp.
    I did not "Magic Move/Property Manager" relocate an existing house & started from scratch.

For Me...
    The most frustrating scenario I encountered in creating my design, fell basically into ONE category...
    Item "collision" settings.

Having decoed in UO over the years, we could overlap items, & create items out of everyday objects, e.g fishtanks using layered colored cloths & fish etc, soften edges of paths, using "tiled" flowers, placing items on top of items, to create, some wondrous "scenes".

Here in Shroud, "collision" of items, either butting up against each other, or the lack of ability to place items on top of placed items, extremely limited creativity.
    I DO understand that UO has vastly simpler graphics than the beautiful world around us in Shroud.

But as a Deco'er, I found "collision" & the lack of ability, to overlap & stack items, severely curtailed my "Creative Spirit".
    More than happy to elaborate more in PM's, as I feel to expound further here, would open a humongous can of worms.

Finally... @Scottie
    HUGE Kudos on the creation of both the seasonal Easter items & now the Construction decos.
    Truly A+++ work on Your behalf!
    THANK YOU!!!

20. Scottie

Is this what you were hoping for Majoria? Being able to hang things like this too?
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.