Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Path of Love

Discussion in 'Release 65 Feedback' started by Anpu, May 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

In the latest patch notes:

• Isle of Storms: Oracle conversation updated to direct players only to path of Love, as we work to improve the starting experience on other paths.
    Are you looking for any specific feedback for the path of Love starting experience? Or any general feedback on the area?

Also had one other question. Since we can make as many new characters as we want in Offline, if we want to test and provide feedback, is the Offline version the same as Live? Other than the loot drops, which are different. But I would think the area and related quests would be the same.

Thanks!

Feeyo likes this.
  2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Offline should be the same as live yes. Only as you stated, the looting has higher % for better looting tables. (I think)

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Any bugs or general feedback is fine, as always.

As far as the tasks/quests/conversations that a player is asked to perform, Online and Offline should be the same experience for players.

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

It would be great if we had some ETA for when the other paths will come back. I've been holding off starting my online adventurer character because she "belongs" in Highvale (where I started her offline), not Solace Bridge.

5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

We don't have a specific timeframe as to when the other paths will be offered at character creation. However, those paths aren't blocked, just not offered at the start. The other started scenes are still available. Once your characters have access to the overworld, your characters are allowed to cross Novia and enter the Battle of Highvale and Blood River Massacre.

Jaesun likes this.
  6. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Do you mean they can still get into the starter scenes? I never met Charlotte when I took my Highvale adventurer to Solace Bridge later on, and I've never seen the Blood River starter version, although I've been there too offline. I don't mind missing Charlotte and Edvard hangs around the Solace Bridge indefinitely reminding you to do things you've already done. But Gawain and Nena are pretty important, and if a character arrives in Highvale only after the bandits have taken over, I don't know how they'd even start the Path of Courage, without meeting Gawain.

Honestly, this does seem an odd decision. Even with all its bugs, Highvale and its Outskirts were hugely impressive to me as a new player recently, and Solace Bridge is just blah. There's no sense of immediacy or urgency in Solace Bridge. As annoying as the constant offline respawns were in Highvale, at least the elves and geists there presented a real sense of danger and a real need to help these refugees. In Solace Bridge, the zombies and bandits are so slow and weak even to a fresh-from-the-rift newbie, so unaware of their surroundings, that there's no sense of danger, no need for a hero. The only real danger is the Ebon Dawn, and Filmore the Farmer and Ackerly the Alchemist are peacefully living right next door to them with no trouble. I don't trust Ackerly for a moment (I suspect he's a secret necromancer working with the Ebon Dawn, no honest alchemist needs to be dealing in zombie bits & pieces), but if Filmore isn't worried, why should Kinsey with all her guards be afraid to step foot on a road that a newbie can travel without even breaking a sweat? Even the merchants there tell you that they're going to Soltown as soon as their stock is gone, apparently they're not worried about the road being dangerous either.

Maybe at least let the dialogue try to explain that the Solace Bridge officers died there and since Kinsey (and presumably her girlfried Sigourney) were just on vacation at the time (which the text does say) and had to fill in, that she and the Solace Bridge guard survivors aren't used to working with each other, she doesn't know their capabilities and most of the guards are themselves still walking wounded too? That might at least explain why they're hanging around doing nothing instead of taking the easy road to Soltown, might make Kinsey and the situation more sympathetic.

But even that wouldn't solve the problem that the road to Soltown is safely RIGHT BEHIND THEIR CAMP where they don't need to go through the bandits to get to it anyway.

But Portalarium would rather send everyone to Solace Bridge than Highvale. Okay, whatever.....

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You can go to the other areas. He already stated that.

8. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Of course you can go to the other areas. I'm asking if they will be in the same temporary fresh-from-the-Isle-of-Storms state, because that doesn't match my memory of going to the areas later and having them already be in their permanent state. If I start a character in Solace Bridge now and then she travels to Highvale, will Highvale already be over-run by bandits or will it still have Gawain present? Because I travel between those two places by rift regularly, and I've never seen Gawain except when fresh-from-the-Isle-of-Storms, and although my memory of this is fuzzier, I don't think I've ever seen Charlotte except when fresh-from-the-Isle-of-Storms. And if Highvale is already in bandit-stage, then there's no point in going there because you need Gawain to start the Path of Courage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.