Chris launchign another round of promotional emails

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arkah EMPstrike, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

2. Fungus44

Fungus44 Avatar

@Chris you'd entice me to play again if you sent me my physical stuff but tickets, emails, inbox msgs to you just don't get responded to and I refuse to put any more time or money into the game till I get them as I've stated numerous times.

I fully appreciate your limited team now but we've been promised boxes for months now and its not cricket!

See inbox for my message and account info

Yours still hoping
    Fungus

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

It sounds like the physical rewards are important to you that’s cool, I submitted a request to receive cotos instead and got them super quick. I preferred the cotos over a box if that’s something you want instead email portal.

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

There's an idea I could get behind!
    [​IMG]

I could do with a lot less of everything for some coto!
    I can do without the physical rewards and replacing them with coto :)

I live in Thailand and though I did pay for international shipping, you're going to be paying allot more than what was charged to me for it through the add-on store. I am also going to be charged extra money when I receive any items as well, because of import charges which can be as much as 70% of the value of what's received.
    Make me an offer and I'll most likely accept it, no questions asked ;) @Chris

~TL~:D

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  5. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Thanks for responding to the thread, lots of passion flying around here as always (which is a good thing, even though it may get a little heated at times). Don't take the reddit stuff personally, it's just a murmur in the bigger scale of things. A lot of those guys have genuine concerns and that's fine but there's too much vitriol on there. Once the population expands and the game sees Episode 2, I really believe this will be less of an issue. I am honestly of the opinion that they have no long-term patience. Poor old Chris Roberts has seen his fair share of media "attention"! And yet that game will blow its competitor(s?) right out of the water (when it releases - yeah yeah). Mark my words.

There has been an INSANE amount of improvements to the game since launch.

I really do think that as the game progresses, the voices that are genuinely hateful will become drowned. As LB said, come hell or high water right? From my perspective the YouTube reviews are getting better and the recent reviews on Steam are getting better. (Heck, if they tank after this post then what does that tell you?)

I believe in the team and I know a lot of people do too.

There are so many changes that have gone into the game and have helped it be a better game, yet, it can be thankless work.

I have my issues, sure, we all have things we think are important to the success of a game we love. A legacy we love, a legacy we want to see succeed. It's the fire of passion.

Man. It's almost like Britannia come to life! People are invested! There's defenders, assailants, drama, you name it! But you know what would be worse? Nothing. You're doing a great job with the stream, I would love to see more communication on the forum for sure. But you guys are doing a hell of a job right now given the size of the team.

So down with FUD! Let's please remember that we all love this legacy and we want it to succeed, or none of us would be here!

My advice, whatever it's worth, would be to pay a lot of attention to the immersion factors next (Dialogue/UI/Presentation/Narrative/Drama/Atmosphere) for Episode 2. I think that would generate a lot of goodwill (without being generic! I can't stress that enough). My deepest respects to the team, I genuinely adore this game, but that's definitely a thing I would pay attention to. And that's the only thing I can think of. (Caveat: I don't PvP so I know there's a whole other side of things there, and I know crafting will improve, taming etc...)

TLDR; They're creating a world still, bear with it!

PS: And seriously well done with the performance improvements given, well... Unity. Keep 'em coming!

6. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Caveat to my previous post; I received my physical goods so I'm happy - But I can see why people wouldn't be, got burned by PoEII that way. :)

7. Almar

Almar Avatar

Most of it should have been in at launch to be honest. Anyway, we are where we are... and I'm somewhere else!

arcdevil, Animosh, Astirian and 2 others like this.
  8. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Promotional Emails, i see SOTA is heavily invested in marketing haha.

arcdevil and Amelli like this.
  9. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

I’m still getting emails to come back to Eve Online and I last logged on back in the summer of 2009

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You still send out a weekly email? I haven't seen that for a few releases.

11. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Well that sounds fine, As long as it isn't like Chris from Indochino suits. I bought 1 suit.. like 4 moths ago. I get an email from him every other day!! lol. They REALLY are nice suits though...

12. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Check out this bad boy!

[​IMG]

It just positively reeks of desperation.

Elwyn likes this.
  13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops: *Same subject, from a different angle, in Fellowship...
    Launch pads, re-entry vehicles to multiple destinations... By definition, "Portalarium" means all of these in so many ways ...please quest onward...

New Britannia News Flash
    "There's been a massive cave-in in The Time Tunnel"
    [​IMG]

Players, wanderers, developers and those who may just may have interest ~I need your help o_O for I have become trapped in the year 2011~ while extracting a tooth from the horse that our ~Lord British~ rode in on. The tooth extraction went well with great help from ~Markee Dragon~ yet bringing the tooth back to present day seems to be the greatest of challenges o_O...

:eek: for the Guardian...
    [​IMG]
    "may have re-emerged" :confused:'

There is no proclamation or demands to be given, only a tooth to be brought from Lord British's past back into our present with a serious choice to be made by we all thereafter,
    :eek: "whether to throw the tooth back into our far distant past, or mark it well into our future" :confused:

:cool: Multiple launch pads, multiple re-entry vehicles, with many outward destinations o_O...
    [​IMG]
    By definition, "Portalarium" means those and so much more, in so many ways. "Just bring back the tooth" o_O

Rebuild the time tunnel and bring back the tooth
    [​IMG]
    Do it for all New Britannia,
    do it for our game,
    do it for yourself,
    Just Do It!

:oops: This Portalarium of 2011 awaits you...
    [​IMG]

:oops: Take the Quest, Make the Trip,
    "and remember the tooth!"

>>>---> https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...future-or-past-of-new-player-welcomes.155257/ <---<<<

~For the Fellowship~

[​IMG]
    :cool:~Nystal~:cool:

14. Fungus44

Fungus44 Avatar

I fully get that sir if it works for you but I've all my UO stuff from day one release inc. cloth map etc. and I'm keen to receive them for SotA too. It's I'm passed the disillusioned stage now as promises keep being broken re shipment and like many others I pledged on day one at a significant level and have subsequently paid my shipment fee months ago plus I've sent numerous emails and also a personal message to @Chris and still nothing.

It's very disheartening the lack of respect to paying customers who've supported since day one and to hear others have asked @Chris to send out their box in a previous thread as he's the only one doing it now doesn't sit easy with many folks left without their box, me included. Send me my stuff and then I'll play again and buy digital stuff that enhances my gameplay, but I doubt I will ever pay for anything physical to be sent through to me by Port.

Fung

Amelli, arcdevil and HoustonDragon like this.
  15. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You should have seen what marketing they had before! What, you didn't? Exactly.

Did the moths enjoy the suit?
    [​IMG]

16. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Our Welcome and Call for More Player's Needs Work
    [​IMG]
    Back to the welcome mat drawing board Portalarium...

We can pretend that the numbers don't matter or aren't real and we can also pretend or say our entry point once new players get here isn't flawed, but in reality, "numbers matter", which has sent our programming team back to the drawing board.

We need enough people to keep testing and refining our game from the player perspective and the most important perspective we need right now, are the perspectives from our new players and those who haven't played our game in a long while. That's never meant to say in any way that we don't also need our players who have remained playing here for a very long time. What it is to say, is that just like any Hollywood Blockbuster Movie, "there must be test audiences to evaluate what we've made through their eyes, the eyes of the audience we're welcoming to see it". Startling facts come from such movie test audiences, and our game is no different.

No one wants to look back at the beginning and re-evaluate things when we're anticipating the unveiling of our future, but we here are not the main audience, in our crowd funding, we've become our game's producers, and as producers, we can't see what a test audience of our work can see that we can't see.

There's work to be redone. It's not a crisis, but they know the numbers don't lie and we need a welcome back to fix our game's entry points.

:oops: Here's a serious question thread because it asks the question of "what flyers placed on telephone poles should say about our game" o_O I see no difference between what's needed on flyers placed on telephone poles or what needs to be placed in our E-Mails. I know they're mostly going out to old backers, but from what I've seen inside my E-Mail Box, those need some work on them just as much as our welcoming entry points inside our game need work on them from a fresh, well thought perspective.
    :oops: Posted by a player named @City Slicker :D "He's right", we need something that grabs people if we are to make the effort, whether it's on a telephone pole or in a e-mail. I know Portalarium is doing a great job, but we could always do better. :oops: That's a real interesting question @City Slicker has there.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-the-avatar-flyers-on-telephone-poles.155352/

o_O The first thing I got in my e-mail (may 11) was sort of cheap and not that attractive other than the giveaway and the second e-mail looked more appealing, yet with no giveaway offered (may 16).
    As players we may not be able to come up with anything better than what Portalarium has put out in these e-mails, but it sure can't hurt for us to think about the subject.

I think @City Slicker 's thread asks just the right question at just the right time, after having seen the last two examples of what our Portalarium has sent out there... which are adequate, but after seeing our entry points and how it was a "swing and a miss" on that chance for success, I think we players could come up with a better idea, "we just don't know until we think about them".

Numbers don't lie, we're blind to the success or failure of our own work because we've been here a long time helping produce it all.
    "Blind leading the blind" o_O We need new players and we need them commenting here on our forums for better feedback than our own.
    :rolleyes:~Time Lord~

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Boris Mondragon and Gorthyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.