Weren’t these suppose to be sold and exclusive for early backers back in time?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Debcool, Jun 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debcool

Debcool Avatar

The 4-Pack of Prosperity Tools
    The 6-Pack of Prosperity Tools
    The 6-More Pack of Prosperity Tools

Weren’t these suppose to be sold and exclusive for early backers back in time?

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Khal Drogo

Khal Drogo Avatar

Someone accidentally listed em in the vault for sale ...they will be deleted in 2 weeks ...

Debcool, Elwyn, Katu and 1 other person like this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Their high value in the resale market most likely is why they're back.

I think Portalarium is using the "SUPREME" market design strategy.
    If they have high resale value, then they appear in "The Vault".
    I don't believe they were early backer exclusively sold items.
    A single Prosperity Tool green bag was almost $20 RMT.
    That's just my speculation ;)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Debcool likes this.
  4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I remember buying the packs back in the day. They weren't pledge rewards. They were discontinued, though.

Edit: I have 10 Artisan and 10 Founder Artisan tools in my rewards list. These were the pledge rewards.

Sara Dreygon, Cirsee, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  5. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

These prosperity tool packs were in the add-on store and prosperity tools were included as part of the bundles that were sold in the add-on store. The Founder Artisan and Artisan tools were exclusive to the Kickstarter pledges.

Hazard, Jaesun and Time Lord like this.
  6. CICI

CICI Avatar

This will rise a lot of cash for the game co!

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Pretty much the aim of the Vault. Warframe has the same concept where most of their "Prime versions " (upgraded versions of super suits you wear on missions). At some point these items become discontinued, and then pop back in ever so often from the vault for a limited time.

Very good concept IMO, but I can understand some backers who were promised exclusives that are now coming back as exclusives, but for newer players, this is a great thing, and for Ports pockets too.

Debcool and Time Lord like this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

These were never promised to be a single time exclusive and did not come with promised pledge items. "They're just something we haven't seen sold in a great while" :)
    But they haven't been sold in a great while, so better buy them now, or they will go back up to being sold for "$20 USD each on the open market" ;)

BTW Portalarium, I'd really like it if you gave out some of this pixel crack as a dividend every now and then for our stock investors...

and then sell everyone more stock!"Just a thought" :D

[​IMG]
    Early Backer, Portalarium Stock Investor>>>--->~Time Lord~:)

9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

For the prosperity tools no, but they were still discontinued. Meanwhile, there was that twinspire manor last rotation, or the fire dancer clothes. Basically the vault is for any limited, exclusive or discontinued item to be resold in some way.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

o_O I just hope I can afford to buy these when they return :rolleyes: ~Time Lord's Wish List~ :p

11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I picked up one of those Fire Dancer outfits :) o_O But I still think all those extremely large homes are hideous :confused: That new behemoth they build for our LOM Lot Backers looks like a cross between Buckingham Palace and the...
    Old US Post Office Building in down town Fort Worth Texas... just not my cup of tea I guess :p~TL~
    [​IMG]

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They were also part of the bundles, so not exclusive.

Jaesun and Time Lord like this.
  13. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

I agree - a lot of the homes look totally out of place to me.

Amelli and Time Lord like this.
  14. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I agree, most of these homes aren't really fun to look at, I'm still hoping for a different brick style of the LOTM home (the one with a built in "pre-basement").

Here's hoping we both get the houses we want through the vault :p

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

lol

two weeks!

16. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Not exclusive... and these are far from early backer material. Glad they're back actually ;)

17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

They were very much not "exclusive", merely expired. I myself bought them in the final days before expiration in December 2015. They were on sale for 50/50/35, so I guess I got a good deal, especially compared to the Vault price! Note that these are the original web store sets, which at the time I wasn't too happy about how they were arranged, but after getting them all I didn't have to care about tool wear anymore. The only people who got the individual "pick one" got them from pledges and bundles, not that I think that is enough to consider them "exclusive" either.

There are also Artisan tools, which weren't quite as powerful as Prosperity, but still had no decay. I think they were only available as singles in pledges. I don't even think they bothered to put those in bundles. I would have been okay with Artisan tools appearing instead in the vault if I didn't already have my prosperity tools, but I think at least selling them as the original sets is the most profitable way for Portalarium to do this, and they kinda do need the money these days. I've already seen people talk about how they plan to divide up the tools they don't want, either with a friend/spouse, or selling/trading what they don't want.

Also, on the matter of the RMT price, I heard that someone had bought up all that he could find to resell, and was nearly out of them anyhow. There are probably a lot of them being sat on for various reasons including laziness (I have a few unopened Prosperity bags of my own), I'll probably care after we get a sufficient population increase. (That's why I think these won't really dilute the market much by being in the vault right now.)

I hope so!

Debcool and Time Lord like this.
  18. Debcool

Debcool Avatar

Hi everyone and thx for your replies.
    I wronlgy expressed my thoughts. I know they were available to anyone(via the shop) and were not included in any pledges. But, as far as I understood it, their "Limited availability" sounded like what Portalarium did with the pledges: "By them now because at one point we will stop selling them and never sell them again." That's why I used "Limited and Exclusive".

Mishikal and Time Lord like this.
  19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

You're not alone. I myself thought that when those were pulled off the shelf that they would never return. Maybe something similar, but not those exact things. I remember back during that time in our game's early development, that we players had many issues with the ways many items within our store were being described, which were not very clear.

It all comes back to a single fact we all found out together way back then, that "computer programmers don't always make the best marketing managers" o_O...

Live and learn I guess :D~Time Lord~

Verit, Cordelayne and Fenrus MacRath like this.
  20. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

For just two weeks after 3 1/2 years is still hardly bringing them back regularly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.