Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tartarus Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 66 Feedback' started by Antrax Artek, Jun 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Greetings, although i was a bit away from sota I took some time to explore the new dungeon Tartarus.
    I decided to collect here some feedback about the dungeon in general by not focusing on the bugs that are more than normal since it hasn't been released yet.

Elves: The first question that came to my mind is, why elves? We already have an entire dungeon (The Rise) dedicated to elves. Tartarus dungeon sounds more like a natural/archaic place, inhabited by scary creatures, perhaps Cultists or Satyrs would have been more suitable imho in the first part of the dungeon.

Home Decorations: In the dungeon there are many home decorations and entire rooms decorated like an home, paintings on the walls, crafting tables, bookcases, room dividers,beds and training releated stuff. A place like tartarus should be completely uninhabited and not have real rooms used by the elves as training rooms and dormitories, Why elves should train in a forgotten place hidden behind a breakable wall? Why not dark/macabre decorations that intensify the suspense in the player?

Lights: The dungeon seems to be really too bright, the zombies room with column is instead a perfect example of how darkness manages to create an excellent scene that gives the player excitement and anxiety.

Skybox: The orange skybox used in the map greatly accentuates any imperfection and lack of solid in the map, i think a totally black skybox could solve many of the visual problems.

Skeleton Boss: I have been waiting for a long time for bosses made using a giant and enhanced versions of normal enemies. At first sight on Atos Stream the giant skeleton archer that rose from the water was awesome, but when i went to Tartarus i just discovered it was dressed like a cowboy (i know it's a pirate outfit but it looks a lot like a cowboy), regardless of this why again something pirate/fish themed?
    The game needs something dark, disturbing and archaic, something that gives the player some emotion.

Mushrooms: Why are mushrooms located so close to the entrance of the dungeon and living in a room decorated with room dividers? A good location for the mushrooms could have been those of the crocodiles to guard the crate or random spawned in corridors.

Chest zone and crocodiles: Would it not have been more appropriate to put multiple slimes and a slime boss to guard the chest? Finally we have a chest with good loots inside, i hope there will be many more added to the game.

Multiplayer vs Private: I have absolutely failed to understand if the dungeon is planned to be multiplayer only or both private and multiplayers, me and many others prefer the first one, it can create finally some healthy competition, can become unbotable and finally helps to get people out of private solo grinding if it will be worth it. Also about the chest i find fair if it can spawn just in multiplayer to avoid any kind of exploits and at the same time let people have nice things without worrying about abuses.

No ankhs: From what i understand the ankhs problem is a bug, but wouldn't it be a good challenge with a worthy death penalty like no ankhs? When I saw that the ankhs were missing the first thing i said was "That's awesome, finally a good challenge, which will push people to group together to avoid dying and break their stuff", when i discovered from general discord from @Chris that it is a bug was really sad and disappointing for me.

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Because it was meant to be an "old-school" '80s D&D-style dungeon, where nothing really makes sense.

[​IMG]

Girlsname likes this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It is odd that the (presumed) main antagonists, the obsidians/cabal, are so infrequently used as the enemy in higher tier scenes.

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Where is this place located?

Arya Stoneheart likes this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Anywhere and nowhere, it floats in the ethereal plane, awaiting a place to wash ashore anon.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Needs ankhs! Nobody is going to want to trash their gear.

Chatele, Gia2 and Mishikal like this.
  7. sotasota4

sotasota4 Avatar

If you don't die gear doesn't trash ))

Elwyn likes this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

:oops:

Barugon likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It was certainly fun to check it out. Sorry about your gear.

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Needs more stuff. With all those elves living down there, you'd think there's be more supplies around. Junk in the hallways and stuff. It feels very bare.

I do sorta wish, as I stated above, that it were populated by obsidians instead of elves. Probably too late though.

Too bad it doesn't use some of the newer dungeon pieces. Some of those cathedral rooms would have looked cool in there.

Since we have elves, though, I wish they dropped more elven weapons.

Didn't get to see much of the lower levels. We got through the first two rooms of zombies okay, but the one with the pool and the big spoopy guy got us.

Death Metal Slime is the best creature name in the game. I look forward to black metal slimes and power metal slimes.

Its loot was awful, though.

Mishikal and Barugon like this.
  11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I am dumb. I finally saw one of my friends was there, and got excited and teleported right in. Probably should have gone back home and changed gear after getting the location added to my zone list. It was fun though. It'll be even more fun with some ankhs.

Barugon likes this.
  12. Gridseed

Gridseed Avatar

It's fun with no ankhs :) the fear of death is good for you :)

Jaesun, Dhanas and Antrax Artek like this.
  13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

If by "good for you" you mean "never going down to the zombie level again," then yes.

Chatele, Paladin Michael and Jaesun like this.
  14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

The game was sold as offering a single player online experience. We lose new players every month already due to the fact that the SPO mode was changed to forced multiplayer on the map and in NPC/POT towns. Making PvP locations force multi-player certainly makes sense, and I support that. But if PvE locations (and yes, I understand Tartarus is a mix) become forced multiplayer, they are areas many of us won't be visiting and will further ensure our removal from participation in this game.

Chatele, Paladin Michael and kaeshiva like this.
  15. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Remember that we also lose players every month already due the fact that the SPO mode is mandatory for the best rate of xp/igg, we lost several for the forced private sieges and we'll lose even more if the end game mixed pvp-pve dungeon will be available in private.
    Also i can't find the reason why people won't visit a safe multiplayer area and why those few chosen an online game if their goal is to avoid to see other players, it's not about pvp this time so it does make really little sense.

PS: Not to mention the huge slice of foreclosed players who arrive here convinced to find a mmorpg and run away after seeing the system of the private mode (anti-mmorpg system).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    Dhanas likes this.
  16. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Funny, we lost a lot of people when we forced multiplayer in sieges, too.

There are plenty of us who are interested in and love the idea of single player online. There have been multitudes of reasons as to why this is hashed out before. Y0u're inability to grok it isn't something I can help with.

17. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Pretty sure the big lack and loss of players (me included) is specifically because of the private mode loved by a few but very vocal players.
    Let's say me and many others see it like a giant rock on the sota launching pad, anyway please avoid to derail the thread, that's my personal feedback about the new mixed pvp-pve dungeon Tartarus and not the usual arguing between less than a dozen of people about how gross is private mode or how good it is.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

*shrug* I was wearing store armor and a founder bow, all indestructable.

Jaesun and Gridseed like this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I've never seen more players in SotA.

Jaesun likes this.
  20. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I don't see any spot where I said we aren't gaining players. I said we're failing to gain *additional* new players due to the changes that were made to SPO. And we've lost people who were very valuable resources for the game as well, at least from online mode (i.e., some of them still play single player offline).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.