Tartarus?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mystarr, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I don’t think anyone was asking to not show new stuff. He/she/they was just frustrated and vented here.

Xandra7 and Cordelayne like this.
  3. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

YEAAAAAHHH okay!

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

Port has no PR department right now. Yes, it's a gap for sure. But the more I think about I'm not sure how else they can announce such a thing. There's the weekly newsletter and most features get announced there as well as the forums. Since this was a new feature that leaked I think we're ok, but as long as it's in the newsletter or the forums I'm good.

Port has given us extraordinary access to the developers via streaming. All we lack is a transcript.

5. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

@mystarr doesn't get upset easily, certainly not about a game. I've actually accused him of being a Port fanboy straight to his face (well not to his face but thru voice chat). He used to defend Chris 's actions like he was all knowing or something. The fact that he's this rattled and speaking in tongues(caps) is really telling to me and I hope its registering with @Chris as well.

I thought it was only me that found the streams unwatchable. The day Chris folded a box with a shirt pulled over his head was the last one I'll ever watch.

Nawww, arcdevil, Stevvcash and 2 others like this.
  6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

7. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Hi,
    I understand your sense of frustration and stand with you in a renewed sense of outrage. However, Chris did point out (In the livestream), that he did NOT intend to release the dungeon. He allowed a few of his favorites to get a jump on the rest of the population and test it out. This resulted in those people staying around and bringing their friends and so on and so on, so it was never technically released. There was a great week or so, when the chests were essentially orange bags. Deeds and artifacts fell like rain. That is now over. You should however, be able to find someone you have befriended frolicking with the elves or moshing with the zombies below. Teleport over and check it out! It looks to be very cool when finished.

arcdevil likes this.
  8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

It’s more complicated than that, there are many things only talked about in stream. Some I’ve never seen posted on the fourms. Most recent example the heavy armor spec change and the fireball upgrade. I like the streams but if you don’t watch ur at a massive disadvantage. But if it’s no stream no news then the stream is the lesser of the two evils.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I bet that when it's ready, it will be included in the instructions that Darkstarr posts every release. ;)

Xee likes this.
  10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

The problem is when game changing things are mentioned before the public has access to the information I.e artifact combining if you have watched the vendors that first day or two you saw the low priced ones disappear. If you didn’t watch the stream you were outta luck on the best prices stuff. I don’t know if you remember or were active back then but they announced the change to obsidian chip recipes going into the obsidian ignot in the dev plus channel. Over night every obsidian chip was taken out of the vendors. People were out raged because only a small % of the people know about the inc change. The fourms were on fire for weeks people quit over it.

I love the streaming and we get awesome information but there is a dissadvantage those who do not catch the stream.

Like I said earlier I’d rather have the streams and this situation than no news at all.

majoria70 and Fenrus MacRath like this.
  11. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I always find out about the party after it has completed its run. Lol. Raining arties and orange bags. Hehe. :(. I missed it.

Fenrus MacRath and Cordelayne like this.
  12. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

I hope you are joking or using hyperbole, but I suspect you are being serious. Giving a few stream favorites access to something on a live server, and it drops very high end loot just for them? Amateur hour - is GM Darwin coming on board soon too?

Nawww, Jaesun, arcdevil and 2 others like this.
  13. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Well the streams are public and we all know information is in the streams before release so the solution is simple as you said watch the streams or wait until release.
    I missed a few myself and noticed that my artifacts all sold in one day. only later to watch the stream to know why, then I too went out and bought a lot of artifacts. No all will be upgraded though so never know which ones you buy that will be added to the new system. I could not see a lich ring for example getting any more powerful. as Chris stated in a twitch some wont be touched because they are already powerful enough.

PS. If you do watch a stream and follow the channel you get notifications when a stream is on and usually chris does a good job of title so you know what the stream is about. The one thing though is QA in streams is where the meat of the info comes from :)

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  14. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

there was 1 bugged chest that had a higher chance to drop loot. it really was as bad as the person mentioned lol.

15. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

@Chris @DarkStarr

If this is true (and not just trolling)... That is no way to run the damn live servers.

If you want to test something:
    1) Put it up on the test server
    2) Give everyone access to it

I thought this issue was settled back when you guys made the test server public for everyone.

If I remember correctly that decision was made so that a limited group of testers wouldn't have an unfair advantage...

16. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

It was an error as mentioned on the Friday live stream. But because so many people started to trickle in it was decided to leave it as is for now. Normally this would not be the case.

17. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

The loot was like that for a bunch of folks, not just the stream favorites, but yes there was serious loot dropping from the 'bugged" chest. Chris caught it because of the gold value assigned to deeds for the internal metrics. Several players were scoring crazy amounts of gold (Value of items) and it tripped the flag.

Montaigne and arcdevil like this.
  18. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

@Chris @DarkStarr

This IS the problem. Players should NOT be at a disadvantage unless they spend 2+ hours a day watching Chris stream.

It is NOT a reasonable expectation!

19. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

Which is why you test stuff on a test server! This isn't @Chris first rodeo.

He knows better, but does it anyway....

20. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

I wasn't trolling, I was trying to be flippant. I suppose flippant does not translate well to the written word. It does suck and I agree, but it happened and really wasn't intentional.

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.