Physical rewards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Annah_Sennah, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

I've sent 3 pms to the devs and have not heard any answer. I was told by someone else they heard back in one day, my first message was sent May 4th, and now it's June 12. I paid 545 in pledges, I've gotten my ingame stuff but none of the physical stuff. I'm getting really annoyed. I want an answer or a refund.

2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Good luck getting either...

Sorry, that wasn't helpful, despite the truth of it. Forget about a refund, that won't ever happen, but there is a chance to still get your stuff.

From what I can ascertain reading similar posts, the people that actually got their stuff were those that watched the livestreams and directly asked Chris about it. Emailing support is a black hole.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  3. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

Is this a common issue then?

4. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Common enough that there are multiple threads about it, with many backers still missing their rewards.

Xandra7, arcdevil, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

What physical items are you missing? And was your address correct for shipping? you can find that on the accounts page. I think you need to confirm shipping address from what I recall. They will then ship the box etc. you can also email support@portalarium.com I think that is correct spelling :)

Once I did that they shipped out my box which had all my physical good in. They still have boxes to ship waiting to confirm address.

6. Lily Byrd

Lily Byrd Avatar

Cordelayne and arcdevil like this.
  7. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

I did verify my address back when the email asking to do so, then when I moved. I haven't gotten ANY physical items at all, just the in game stuff and the book in pdf form.

*edit: I just sent an email out now too.

arcdevil likes this.
  8. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Just for Information:
    After they closed their Office, all Boxes are lying in Chris‘ Home Office. He is the only one sending out the last remaining boxes!
    And he is on vacation from now for a while.
    I assume he will send boxes after that again, so be patient for the next two months ;)

Cordelayne likes this.
  9. tyorl999

tyorl999 Avatar

First of all, I have to say, that I just have the All-Digital-Pledge, so I dont get / got any physical rewards.

But I understand that ALL packers, that did not get their rewards are a bit pissed off.

I really dont understand, why the Team of Port dont meet for one day at Chriss Home Office and send out ALL reward boxes which arent still delivered.
    That is one day work and hundreds of packers are really happy then.

HoustonDragon, Gia2, Cyin and 7 others like this.
  10. Paladin Michael

May be the Office is too small for all devs ;) May be this is not mentioned in their contract, may be they live too far away? Or may be the reason is it is on priority List at 10 ... instead of 1 ... Well ... last but not least it could be, Richard wants to raise our patience Skill to GM :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Cordelayne likes this.
  11. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

It is in the past so we can't do anything about it, but Port could have spent a few days when they had an office and had everyone crank this out. But they didn't. You have to ask why would they decide to do that now, if they didn't think it was a priority six months ago. Short answer - boxes are not a priority, unfortunately.

Beaumaris, Cordelayne and arcdevil like this.
  12. Paladin Michael

I have to correct myself:

Q2 schedule says:
    So sending boxes out is higher priority than Episode 2

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  13. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

I gave up on ever getting my physical rewards...particularly since I am moving and I'll have to change my address (which has been confirmed 3 times) again. Oh well. I even messaged @Chris directly via in game mail (this was to say that if they didn't want to ship it, just give me COTO's or something). I never heard back. I won't email support again about it either (I shouldn't have to)

Anyways, I have made my peace with it. Just mentioning it here because you are far from the only person having this problem.

Dhanas, K1000, Montaigne and 3 others like this.
  14. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

I'm not going to just forget it and make peace with them not holding up their part of the deal. I put my money into this...I've never backed anything before this game and haven't since. I got excited, I believed in Richard Garriott to hold true to his promises made to ALL of us. I had been a fan since Exodus Ultima, those reasons are why I put any money into this particular game. Richard Garriott and this company should make good with everyone, not keep feeding excuses to us. Then still add things to buy in the store wanting us to fork out MORE money into a company that is perfectly fine with letting the backers sit and wait. Richard Garriott can't test our virtues when he doesn't follow them himself. This is not honorable, compassionate, or just.
    I'm sure autographing those things took time, gave him a wrist cramp and was difficult with a small child, but Markiplier did an autographed calendar.. he went above and beyond by making a video of him autographing the last case of them because his millions of subscribers mean the world to him. So I will remain annoyed and so should everyone that hasn't gotten what they were promised.

15. Paladin Michael

I honestly can‘t answer the important question, why things went like this!

I further have no explanation why someone can post a lot of stuff somewhere in the internet, while the same time people who invested trustfully in his vision, receive not even an answer:(

What I can honestly tell you:
    Someone is aware of this thread. Someone who deleted a joke of mine, I posted, crystal clear for people knowing me...

What I could do to help players I tried to do.
    And however things turned: to be annoyed helps no one out of this situation :(

I am confident that @Chris, when he is back from his vacation, will send out the last boxes over the next two months to those people who wrote about their missing boxes.

Sure. I also would have liked to watch a stream ‚developers sending out the last boxes’ while talking and joking around :)

May be they have no Time for making jokes?
    I hope they will have time again and even more for doing a good Episode 2 ...

Cordelayne likes this.
  16. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

I've sent pms, emails and my thread got deleted by Darkstarr. So, while I hear you loud and clear, nothing will happen. The devs are just , ignoring us concerning anything related to physical rewards, like the book.
    Lucky you if you get your stuff.

17. oplek

oplek Avatar

If only there were some place... some central hub for disseminating information... where they could provide... I don't know what to call them... "status updates"? Some place that everyone knows about, and would be quick and easy to keep people updated, at least on a meta level, that can be looked up on demand. If only there were such a place.

A big delay, which seemed like it was at least a month, was introduced thanks to signed maps being left on a porch at a house where the owner was away while a jousting tournament was happening, and they disappeared for awhile? Or something like that. I think that was resolved recently, just in time for the other key individuals to go kayaking or whatever.

HoustonDragon, Cyin, Gorthyn and 3 others like this.
  18. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

19. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Not sure if you use Twitter, but Richard is very active there, frequently responds, and has always encouraged people to reach out to him directly there.

20. Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin Avatar

Except he’s only concerned with book 2 according to the R66 livestream (44:00). No news of book 1 being printed and sent to backers, unless I missed it in the stream. Or a different stream? Anyone watching all the streams heard anything?

Maybe we will get book 2 digitally as well and they will deem it done. /s

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Blackghost and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.