1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

June Login Rewards: Potion of Guidance & 250K XP

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Because it is quite literally the only game milestone in the entire combat system.

It's basically level 2. There is no level 3.

Messaging.

Cordelayne and Mishikal like this.
  2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, they've been talking about expanding that.. 125, 150, would be good further milestones.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I hope they put some lower ones in. I know we are super strict around here about not having any game in our game, but people like to be acknowledged about their achievements long before they have played for 100s of hours.

Mishikal likes this.
  4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I always said that 100 to be "grand master" was wrong, it should always have been master.. As players we added lines at 40 and 80, as elementary level and kinda "Meh" level, but GM at 100 was wrong, GM kinda implies you are top of your game, yet technically theres so much more to go.. - In Karate, they always say once you earned your black belt you are ready to learn..

Id rather 100 was master, you could then do like 125 Master 2, 150 Master 3, 200 GM.. or something..

5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I think each scene should be a mini quest involving perhaps eliminating a certain number of mobs, finding something, or perhaps accomplishing a task in a specified time or...... Then players would have accomplishment in finishing each scene in game. Some of the 10+ scene accomplishments could be stellar. Since I am a solo player, I suggest both a solo and multi mini quest for each scene. Shoot, you could even devise a mini quest for the fishing expedition.

Mishikal and Fister Magee like this.
  6. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Without editing (forgot) I envision a drop down UI available at each scene entrance listing all the peeps that have completed the scene.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Good luck getting a skill to 200.

Mishikal and Jaesun like this.
  8. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Well this is kind a min-max-view. I personally never understood why avatars build up a large pool by using skill A and then reduce the pool by training skill B at a training dummy as this sound quite boring.
    Out of my perspective using skill B from the start as an additional skill in combat is a lot more fun and reasonable. I personally would even suggest that you can train a skill just to a certain lvl at a training dummy as a training dummy is no replacement for combat experiences but I guess not many would like it that realistic.
    It is up to you how you prefer to train your skills and like often in SotA whatever you chose it has pros and cons. ;)

I really do not understand it neither but I guess most people see it like @Vladamir Begemot already mentioned as some kind of milestone you have to achieve. There have been several suggestions to a title system but I guess not that many since specializations arrived. It's quite offtopic but one solution could be that you can be the master of different skills but taking all skills in a school to lvl 100 you will be the Grandmaster of the school. E.g.

Coup de Grace-Master
    - titel is granted on reaching lvl 100 in Coup de Grace
    - party members transfer 10% more exp from pool to Coup de Grace skill
    - maybe additionally this title is adding a +1lvl buff to to the skill calculation for yourself and party members

Blade-Grandmaster
    - title is granted on reaching lvl 100 in all skills of the blade school including the specialization skill
    - this title is removing the visible single skill-master-titles of this school as you are now the grandmaster of the entire school
    - party member transfer 15% more exp from pool to blade skills
    - maybe all skills of that school get a +2lvl buff to the calculation for yourself and party members

The bonus could even add up e.g. if there are 5 Blade-Grandmasters the group the party would get a 75% more exp transfer and +10lvl calculation.
    Thinking about it even group combinations might be possible. E.g. if there is at least one Life-Grandmaster + at least one Heavy Armor-Grandmaster + at least one Ranged-Grandmaster in the party the whole party could get a “classic adventure group”-buff and I guess there could be some interesting combinations possible…e.g. for a big raid it might be reasonable to put all life-grandmaster into one group to let them get a special healing buff or if there are at least 5 fire-grandmaster in a group everyone gets a high fire resistance buff.

Boris Mondragon and Gorthyn like this.
  9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

There are skills you don't particularly use much in combat, but may want to have them on (purify for example). Or, you might be very powerful in a specific tree (ranged) and want to switch to a different skillset (swords), and so you can significantly fill your pool via ranged, and then go spend it on a dummy in swords until it's where you want it at. Or you may want to be increasing your attunement in a particular school of magic by increasing skills you don't generally use directly. There's lots of good reasons to use practice dummies. ;)

GM already gives +50% learning rate (doubles the learning rate) for that skill for all party members... This is a major draw to GM. For example, my wife and I play together. We tend to trade off on skills. I.e., we pick two skills we want to get to level 100. One of us does one skill initially while the other one does the other. Then once we both have GM in them, we switch again, and we both learn twice as fast for whatever was our second skill. It's quite helpful.

10. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

I wish I could turn this off. I want to train my skills by using them, not by someone else having used them.
    The mentoring system actually hinders me in partying up with others, as I have to go through my deck to find the skills being mentored (and deleting them from the deck) before I can enjoy the adventure. :(

Cyin, Boris Mondragon and Aldo like this.
  11. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I know that 200 is pie in the sky but then they didnt imagine people would be walking around with 150, so give it a couple years and 200 will be real.

Boris Mondragon and Mishikal like this.
  12. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Then I think they raised the numbers already...anyways as in most suggestions these were just example values and should just show that the bonus for getting the entire school to a specific level should grant a larger bonus than raising just one skill. ;)

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It would take like 16000 hours of continuous grinding to get a 1x skill to 200.

Boris Mondragon and Mishikal like this.
  14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

huh? You can only ever train skills by using them. All GM does is allow you to train your skill at twice the rate you normally would, and only up to level 100. Why would you want to learn the skill more slowly?

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I thought it was +10%?

16. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

+100%, per the tool tips, unless they changed something recently (2x)

17. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

+10% is the buff in the Lost Vale, IIRC. ;)

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You have them backwards. The blessing is +50%.

19. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

So I tested this in the past, and unless something recently changed:

Guidance potion -> +300% (3x rate)
    GM -> +100% (2x rate)

GM+guidance (400%) -> 4x rate

I.e., you learn 4 times as fast with guidance potion + GM in party. If you get the lost vale blessing, then it should be +450% (4.5x rate)

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think they actually stack like this: (1 + 0.1 [gm]) * (1 + 0.5 [lost vale]) * (1 + 3 [potion]) = 6.6. There was a thread somewhere that confirmed this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.