Missing books in game...and where to find them?

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Belladonna Rose, Jun 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I have been collecting all the books in Novia/Hidden Vale and according to the list in the wiki I am missing a few. After some research some of the books on the list show no indication where they can be found or even if they are in game still. And 4 of them seem to be tied to Through the Lunar Rift. One is tied to Blade of the Avatar. Others are just posted as is on the wiki with no indication they are actual books.
    If anyone knows how to find them all I would be very grateful.
    Here is the list

Book of Might Weapons..n/a
    Advance Combat/Combos ?? As worded by Arabella
    Ancient Experimental Log 1.....Epitaph but i think tied to quest
    Curabitur Pretuim Tincidun....no ref
    Doneck Imperdient ...no ref
    Equal Blame...no ref
    Fusce Convalis..no ref
    Lamentation of the Fall....Blade of the Avatar ref.
    This Mistaken Idea...have now.
    Toil and Pain..have now
    *all no ref titles showed text in the wiki but no reference to actual books*

The following are refrenced to be in Through the Lunar Rift books so not sure if actual books in game
    Of Bone and Throne...Firelotus
    Righteous Indignation
    Stone Circles and Paths Taken
    Who Watches the Watcher?

If anyone has any clue on finding these or know if its allowed to copy the text in the wiki to make a book it would be nice to know. I do not plan to sell said books only want them for Display purposes for my bookstore/library. Just dont want to print something if its not allowed.

Thank you kindly
    Belladonna Rose

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    Cordelayne likes this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

This one is part of the Archlapin quest around Easter.

I believe these are all Lorem Ipsum books, which may have been removed. If they are still available, I may still have copies in my library at Elads.
    This is the prelude of BotA, and should be in the library at Jannaford, among other places.
    FireLotus wrote all of these, and I added them to the wiki as they were posted on the Forum. All of them *should* have been turned into books in-game, but I haven't verified.

I'll check my library and common book-loot spots when I log in later this week.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Ardoris bookseller by the dock used to sell that one.
    Used to be part of the NUE, gone now but there should be copies.

Yup
    But you used to be able to get multiple copies. However they are “no deco” nowadays.
    Might be the old version can be traded/decor still.

Righteous Indignation
    Who Watches the Watcher?

These are still in some bookseller last I checked, but I think they have new titles. Something about too long titles breaking formats.

*edit*
    Send me a reminder with in-game-postal and I might have some spares in the Lux Library.

5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I can confirm this, as I recently bought it off her myself.

I want to say Advanced Combat can also be found there, but my memory could be wrong on that.

As for the following, I have never encountered them, but would absolutely LOVE to add them to my collection as well:

Righteous Indignation
    Who Watches the Watcher?

6. Belladonna Rose

Thank you all so much. I will for sure check out the Ardoris Book seller. Is this the same one for the Black Arrow Quest. I never bothered trying to buy anything from her. LOL

Paladin Michael and Cordelayne like this.
  7. Belladonna Rose

Ok so far all the booksellers have the same books. I did get the Book of Mighty Weapons. Through the search at Jaanaford and Ardoris i picked up a few other books not on the list. But i need to cross refernce them to see if they are not title changes of others. So any of the other books if yall can look for them for me I would greatly appreciate it. I will try and send friend invites so i can contact you by mail

8. Belladonna Rose

Tried to send a friend invite but couldnt find you. Name in game for me is same as here. Thanks and look forward to what you find.

9. Belladonna Rose

Sent friend invite and await to see if you have any. Thanks

10. Belladonna Rose

I have looked all over ....about drove myself crazy

Cordelayne likes this.
  11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yeah, it can frustrating to locate some of the more obscure books. I'm assuming you have the book about Lady Valdis and the Doomsday Book of Dragons?

12. Belladonna Rose

Yes i have those. LOL Two on my list i have and didnt realize i revised my list at the top.

13. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Awesome! :D

Oh, there is one more that is super unique but it's all in runic so I'm not sure its name. However, what makes it unique is that it is the only placeable open book that I know of in the game.

I have a copy of it on my desk in Northwood if you are interested in taking a look.

Spoon likes this.
  14. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Going to have to track some of these down myself. I have quite a large library space set up and it needs actual books. :)

15. Browncoat Jayson

My bad, this is a book that was TALKED ABOUT in Blade of the Avatar, not a book that you can find in-game. I mistook it for Destiny Pool.

I have a copy of this, but it is bugged. I have it placed on a shelf, but upon opening it it shows the contents of "The Sorcerer's Daughter Chapter 8". I assume they removed this from normal circulation. (Similarly, "Vestibulum" now displayed "The Sorcerer's Daughter Chapter 7", "Vivamus Commodo" now displayed "The Sorcerer's Daughter Chapter 1", and "I Must Explain" opens "The Sorcerer's Daughter Chapter 9".)

My copies of these seem to have disappeared, and appear to have been replaced by other books. At least one of them became "The Crow and the Fox", as my 'uniques' shelf now has two copies of that.

I can't seem to locate these, and they may not have ever gotten published in-game. The books are named "Through the Lunar Rift I" through "VI", but do not include these last four. Oddly, three of these what were on my shelf appear to have been replaced by other books (The Destiny Pool, The Bear and the Bees, and The Ass and the Little Dog), as the set was together. I just repurchased the current set at a bookseller, but it would be nice if these others were actually turned into books.

This reminded me that my Age of Storms books were bugged at one point, and they still appear to be. (Opening any of the four volumes from the bookshelf displays "Through the Lunar Rift IV".)

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Paladin Michael and Spoon like this.
  16. Belladonna Rose

Oh no its ok. In Jaanaford there are a few new books. Titles not on your list. I grabbed them and added them to my collection. And those darned Runic named books drive me nuts. LOL I need to find out what they are....but the uniqueness of them makes me want to keep them. LOL. Btw. My bookstore library is in Knight's Watch in Hidden Vale...across the bay from the docks near the wood bridge to the island if anyone wants to come by. My hand written books for things are on display as well. Thanks

17. Belladonna Rose

I do not currently use the coding system for books that Wombat uses. I am trying to figure a way to make my own code . But i dont sell many of my books anyways and if i do and they get copied i dont care. Just do them for fun and to be helpful.

18. Browncoat Jayson

They do show the English names of them in the chat window when you pick them up, so that's useful. Otherwise, I havn't had a chance to translate them all to put the text on the wiki.

Belladonna Rose likes this.
  19. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

for the title, you can rightclick them and see. for the contents, you do not need to translate them, just copy/paste and clean up the formatting tags (one page at a time). they're just a font change.

20. Belladonna Rose

Upon research and decyphering the runic letters ...One of the books is calle Obsidian Magic. Second was Everyone Needs Courage. And the last one was The Cataclysm. Those three were found in Jaanaford on the bookcases. Also found was
    On the Peculiar Qualities of the Artifacts Wielded by Titans, Solace Forest Tour, Solania Tour, Tower of the Shuttered Eye and The Runes of the Obsidian Septagram. Thought i would just post these here.

Paladin Michael, Spoon and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.