Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 67 Instructions Feedback Post

Discussion in 'Release 67 QA Feedback' started by DarkStarr, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Here is an early rough draft of the Release 67 Instructions Post. Lots of stuff is still in progress, including the text itself, features, content, etc. Some things listed here are not yet in the build and might NOT make the release!

As always this thread is for editing the post itself, clarifying the contents, etc. It is NOT about debating game features, decisions, etc. Please start other threads for that.

Also as usual the links to instructions and known issues are pointing to R66 so I don't need to be told that. :)

I also don't need to be reminded about blank areas or places that say <insert more here> or are blank. I got those. :)

Also please DO NOT give feedback on the ORIGINAL text that I cut and paste from the Quarterly Schedule Post. As a rule we never edit the original text. We only put new text afterwards in italics. That way we make sure everyone knows we aren't hiding anything, especially if something is delayed. ;)

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

add an "already added in r66" note

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

@DarkStarr I didn't see a reference to Tartarus in there, wasn't that patched into 66?

Engineer

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I didn’t see any mention of setting the Row lots without a house? This was mentioned last release notes, but not this one

Grimace2 and Paladin Michael like this.
  5. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Quote:
    • Grandmaster Effects Delayed: Work on various Rings & Necklaces as well as Loot Improvements delayed work on Grandmaster Effects.
    - All above worthy stuff and metals affecting jewellery buffs is related to crafting so, nice, however, would it be possible in the notes at this point to throw us crafter's a bone (or rather a lifeline) to state when work on Grandmaster effects and other crafting enhancements will actually begin or be delivered as each month in these notes for at least the last 3 sets it s just been kicked into the long grass for other work but no mention of when it will come.

p.s. these are comments that relate to feedback on the draft release notes.

6. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

@DarkStarr, the whole Atavist content was inside R66, no reason to mention it again, it is no new content for R67.

From R66:
    • [​IMG]

7. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Be careful, it can happen like Castle sieges, delayed for 3 releases, and then fallen into the oblivion 2 years ago.

8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Or additional Chaos spells, or literally tons of content people were hyped for then simply stopped being talked about at all. I think crafting expansion was the one thing that should not have been delayed, and now it has been delayed more than once, and last time I heard Chris "Talk" about it, it was as if they were simply in the brainstorming phase, without any official plans, but hey "The crafting guy is on it"...

9. Randbo

Randbo Avatar

What about Crafting Specializations? NO mention of that here.
    Delayed from last month and now forgotten?

10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This isn’t the thread for discussion. Please make a new thread and discuss it there. This is for the release notes.

11. DarkStarr

Still in development / testing, and it doesn't yet have an entrance

12. DarkStarr

REMINDER: As always this thread is for editing the post itself, clarifying the contents, etc. It is NOT about debating game features, decisions, etc. Please start other threads for that.

13. Elas TheWise

Elas TheWise Avatar

I understand and for the most part agree, but I feel like I have to defend the crafters for second. There have been many other threads started on this topic over the past more than several months. I think some of us feel like it is falling on deaf ears. I am sure there is a good reason for the delay but it is not translating to us. I am seeing people rage quit over the RND of the crafting right now and I am worried about keeping (all of) this great community we have.

14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

• Loot with Components & Enchantments (Outskirts Loot Improvements): Creatures drop weapons and armor with components and enchantments to create a progression path. Currently this is focused on Outskirts creatures but framework for extending the system to all power creatures is being created.
    It would be nice if the notes said if this was crafted items, sold to vendors and thus making it into the loot table, or if these are a new system that creates items that competes with crafting.

Jaesun likes this.
  15. Alley Oop

add mention of the three new innates in the focus tree

specify that always open is currently for doors on lots, not doors on things placed as pot deco like castle wall towers or crypts

specify who can set a door to always open. i can on a lot i have co-owner on, but i don't know where on the list it becomes available

Jaesun likes this.
  16. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Isnt this going up tomorrow? Can we get the text for Combat in so we can look at that too?

17. fopuoghogu

fopuoghogu Avatar

• Material Bonuses for Crafted Rings and Necklaces: Rings and necklaces can now be crafted out of metal materials and have bonuses based on the metal type. The existing ring and necklace recipes have been renamed to Metal Ring and Metal Necklace. Updated recipes for these items require less ingredients than previously. There are recipes for each item and material type. Recipes for metal, iron, bronze, gold and silver items can be purchased from Blacksmiths. Recipes for advanced metals can be found in supply bundles dropped from humanoid creatures.
    Bronze is one of those advanced metals. Maybe here should read copper?

18. Alley Oop

these have already been published and it's fixed there

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/release-67-instructions.156623/

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.