Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Outskirts Loot Improvements

Discussion in 'Release 67 QA Feedback' started by Browncoat Jayson, Jun 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Ok, this is probably the best part of the post so far, although it does bring up a couple questions:

Are the loot items being drawn from the existing pool of vendored player-generated items, effectively salvaging these to provide loot, or is the game generating these additional components and enchanted items? While being able to find usable items is going to be GREATLY appreciated, especially in the offline game, it does raise some concerns for the online game economy. Most importantly, what purpose does creating low-level enchanted/masterworked gear provide, now that players can find things that fill that niche? Unless its a really lucky craft, they are just fuel to skill up your crafting and then vendor the failures. Thus, if those are used to generate the components, great; otherwise...

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This doesn’t seem to be in yet.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yes, really wondering this. If crafters are now competing against RNG loot then crafting is going to need a complete overhaul or it will die, without a doubt.

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'm going to make a hopeful guess that what that actually means is "we've got lots of crafted gear of appropriate level from the loot table making its way into the Outskirts". In which case, awesome!

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

My guess is that this is another round of "Tier 3 components" under a different label. You can already get things like Bandit Blades fairly commonly in the Outskirts areas. This could just be the return of standard "Iron Longswords" with hilts and blades. If they start dropping the equivalent for all weapon and armor types, there is really no need for Tier 1 crafted items.

If these dropped versions have enchants *on top* of these components...

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

That would suck for noob crafters. I was paying them to make them.

That would suck for all crafters.

I really hope they are using gear we've sold the merchants. That's the last part of the system that needs to be created (and made fair for crafters). If they are throwing crafters under the bus, where they usually live anyway, well....

No, thinking positive, they are getting the loot drops tiered up and it's coming from crafted, not rng generated, items.

7. Browncoat Jayson

So no word on what this actually means, nor did I see anything like this when I had time to visit the outskirts on test. Did this get pulled from the release?

8. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Seems like player crafted loot to me so far.

Got a taming necklace from Highvale Outskirts - Obsidian Destroyer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.