Rusty Weapon Patterns??? Really??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fenrus MacRath, Jun 24, 2019.

?

Do we want MORE Rusty/Dirty Worn Patterns added to the game in place of other types of patterns?

Poll closed Jun 25, 2019.
  1. Rustier the better!

23.9%
  2. GODS BELOW! PLEASE no more trash patterns

76.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  2. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

bad day, ap0logies

3. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

No worries. I figure it had to be something . You are normally the portrait of Grace and reason. My apologies too, if my zeal rubbed a raw nerve.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Nothing worse than salvaging to get scrap and you get mostly patterns you don't want. It's fine imo if there is reasoning behind getting all the patterns but please let us scrap them too. Perhaps a popup says do you want the pattern or the scrap or scrapping patterns becomes a thing. To not make it a big mess make eternal patterns not salvageable but all others could be by choice with the pop-up 'Are you sure you want to salvage this pattern?'

5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Problem though is, if you're after components like mossy handles or imbued bow strings, you want your salvage high.

7. Oracle Watcher

Oracle Watcher Avatar

Bzzt. Thread cleanup initiated

8. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

What the heck does that mean?

Ataniiq and Mishikal like this.
  9. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Does it? You get a better return selling rusty weapons to an npc then you do salvaging them and its much faster.

Edit- that being said I would love if items still gave scrap in addition to the pattern. Or let us shut off patterns on items, when we don't want anymore.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Mishikal and Mordai like this.
  10. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

That would be dependent on a lot of external factors which are usually in flux. First and foremost, the cost for me to purchase the metal scrap from players, the availability in quantity of said scrap. The time it takes me to haul 300 rusty swords to owls head to sell them vs scrapping them in Tartarus, the cost of two teleport scrolls, time away from killing/scrapping. I am not saying you are wrong, just that there are a lot of moving parts there. It does require me to crunch some numbers, but you may be right unfortunately. If I could find a player willing to supply me with 50K metal scrap @3.75g twice a month, that would really be a great option,. Not to open an unrelated wound, but if we had a GLOBAL marketplace, I could find the scrap I need in quantity at the best available prices.

Mishikal likes this.
  11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I fully fail to see the issue of this rage posts. More free patterns = more good.

12. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Everybody's ability to comprehend subtle issues varies. Thank you for your feedback!

Mishikal likes this.
  13. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

People still go to owls head? That blacksmith is probably the farthest away from the entrance in the whole game. You will be fighting more if you zone out to a closer blacksmith sell quick and zone back. The extra gold more then makes up for the 2 scrolls in my experience.

As for buying scrap, I feel your pain. I've had to spend a ton of time finding players to sell me there's and I give them bonus gold if they're consistently selling it to me. And I also buy off all my vendors.

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  14. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

With the addition of one more crud pattern, that will become slightly more difficult/expensive. Oh well, I think its time we wrap this thing up, we are really just talking to ourselves anyway. The rusty weapon patterns are coming in and nothing will stop it.

15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Bit itchy about nothing, eh?

Bjorn Fellhand and Timrath like this.
  16. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Ladies and Lords,
    I am very grateful to each one of you who contributed to this mostly civilized discussion. Regardless of your position on the topic , your opinions were greatly valued. There really isn't a "right " answer, just the prevailing opinion of the community who share this game. At this moment the poll is 80% against more trash patterns. I do however see the value some players put on these items and see the need for them to exist. Possibly a different delivery vehicle might soothe the problem. I, will hold my breath!! 8).

I would like to apologize to anyone I may have offended in the pursuit of making my opinion/frustration known. I had no intention to troll anyone. I know that the devs are not going to make a fundamental game change to resolve any of the issues we discussed, but perhaps they will consider the message here , before just dumping more inferior type gear on the community at large. (Maybe they will double the drops to spite me ). The Dev's @Chris @DarkStarr @AllyouguyswhosenamesIdontknow have done a great job and made a game I CHOOSE to spend my free time playing. I am grateful to you all.
    Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter. Please consider this post closed.

Adam Crow and Jaesun like this.
  17. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Maybe they could put in a system like the artifacts, but for patterns.. combine a bunch to get a better pattern. I do agree, even lower crafting level, I have way more patterns than anything else.

Ataniiq and Fenrus MacRath like this.
  18. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

19. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I missed out on the poll, but add me to the "please stop giving me patterns I don't want" camp. The fact that it's "either/or" is lame. The number of times I've wanted patterns from Rusty items: 0. The number of times I've wanted scraps: 100%.

Elwyn and Fenrus MacRath like this.
  20. NamelessOne

NamelessOne Avatar

I asked for this about a year ago. One of my characters wears rusty patterned chain.
    Maybe they could make it so you can use a rusty smithing hammer to get rusty patterns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.