Questions for you, yes YOU (poll)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Jun 25, 2019.

?

What things are MOST important to you?

1. Quests

46.7%
  2. Story/lore

36.8%
  3. Finding cool loot

46.2%
  4. PvP open

11.5%
  5. PvP contest / Bg

9.3%
  6. Crafting

52.2%
  7. Being a trader but/sell

18.1%
  8. Character progression

50.5%
  9. Difficult and challenging content

35.7%
  10. Social events

4.9%
  11. Fishing

4.9%
  12. Housing and decorations

33.5%
  13. Exploration

46.2%
  14. Treasure hunts proposed esp 2

23.1%
  15. Rares collection inc skins

9.9%
  16. Role player

7.1%
  17. Real money transactions

4.9%
  18. Player made dungeons (added late sorry)

13.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Pick 1-5 I am just interested in the stuff that most interests you.

Also please add anything that I missed.

2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

one of the reasons I am here is because there are so many things to do. if I get bored of one thing, I can switch to another for a while. I enjoy so many things. 5 just isn't going to cut it.

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Noted :) I figured there would be people who wanted more choices. I’m just trying to capture people’s top 5

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, agreed, its not about one single activity; although because I'm a role-player I engage more when the activities are all RP-oriented -- in that they all feel tied into the game world, where I'm a character in the game world. When they stop being being RP-oriented -- say when combat or harvesting/crafting becomes more grindy and about farming stuff, when social events just become about wearing weird stuff and dancing, when trading becomes more about RMT, when PvP just becomes about leaderboards, etc -- I become uninterested.

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Adding role player thank you.

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I think you mean "buy/sell" not "but/sell" for the trader option?

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I have a hard time answering this poll, simply because "as implemented" I don't find many of the features I'm interested worthwhile to pursue (crafting, quests, etc).

9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yea, tried to go back and fix the typo and discovered It can’t be altered.

Mishikal likes this.
  10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Anything Ud like to see added?

11. Drasvar Spiderglum

Drasvar Spiderglum Avatar

Player made dungeons I think could have a lot of potential if done right, and that's keeping me playing right now.
    Crafting and trade are also important to me but it's a lot of hard work and time consuming, so not really much fun.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I think the options are good, I just have a hard time voting for them. For example, I like questing in general, but I find questing in SOTA rather pointless because the time/reward factor isn't worth it. Similarly, I usually like crafting in most MMOs, but again the time/reward factor in SOTA isn't worth it. So "as implemented", I'm not particularly interested in anything on the list. If things were adjusted, then I probably would be. There are concepts I think could be interesting if added to the game, but in its current state I rather the devs not spend time implementing new things and instead spend the time fixing the systems that already exist.

Aldo, FrostII and Brass Knuckles like this.
  13. Drasvar Spiderglum

Drasvar Spiderglum Avatar

@Brass Knuckles can you add player made dungeons? Or are you classing that with housing?

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I’ll add it’s very important

15. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

I remember back in the day being able to hop in a ship in UO, find a random island, kill a dragon, and get giant piles of gold and silver.

They even had giant monsters in the water and really cool navigating-the-seas music.

Where is that in this game?

So far I've done one bit of story, but I've had to have a guide the whole way because of the steep learning curve of the game. I've been playing since like R10 and I only recently learned the reason there isn't much story in the game is because it's in some external novel?

Like, what? No offense, but if I wanted a book I'd go to the library. Why not instead create an immersive, in-game story where we grow as a character along the story-rich paths that climax in us being adorned with this amazing Shroud of the Avatar hood-thing. And then maybe then open up freedom to choose our virtues and have them impact us in certain tangible ways, like in Fable?

I think that would be way better.

16. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

I feel like to a degree we were sold a bill of goods. We were sold the name of Richard Garriott, a master story teller. Yet, all the story is in out-of-game books?

That seems like a cheap trick to me, personally. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong and there is a very good, complex story in game.

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I do think we are ready for another survey on the game. Thanks for posting these questions. Listening to the livestream and getting questions to Chris Spears does not encompass all players thoughts for the game. He does what he can and that is fantastic but we do need another survey imo. Times have changed.

18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I do find some of these picks surprising and not what I would have expected. For one I’m totally surprised but the low fishing and low social gathering numbers. The poll isn’t scientific by any means but I figured the crowed that like social gatherings would be very active on the forums. I’m also surprised by all the people who picked questing and story content for me personally it’s not something I enjoy but it’s very obvious there are people here for the story/lore.

19. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

You asked what is important to people, not what they currently participate in. Perhaps there are not so few that participate in dance parties and fishing contests because these are easily accessible sources of substititional satisfaction. Kinda like most don't turn down a pop-tart when there is no real food available or a date with Rosy Palms when there is no better date to be had. Kinda like some people watched Grimm while waiting for the latest season of Supernatural.

I voted for what is important to me and where I wish time was invested to improve these features to make them (even more) fun.

Also, I think in between "PvP open" and "PvP contest" you missed guild and faction wars. Personally, I would not allocate them to either of the presented options.

Geaux likes this.
  20. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I think what happened was they handed the in game story and story mechanics creation to someone who wasn't up for the job. By the time they realized it was an unmanageable mess, it was too late.

Geaux, Jaesun, Xandra7 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.