Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Chest Item permission is checked first when trying to open the chest.

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by radyogh, Jun 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radyogh

radyogh Avatar

06/27/2019 19:57
    Title: Chest Item permission is checked first when trying to open the chest.
    Reproduction Rate: 100% (for me)
    Blocker?
    Details: Chest on the first floor of the guildhouse has next permissions:
    Item - Co-Owner
    Remove/Modify - Kindred
    Add - Kindred
    Me(i have trustee permission) and my friend(he has kindred permission), were using(open, add, remove) that chest for a couple of weeks, but after r67 update we can't open it anymore.
    I have also checked the chest on the top floor of the house, and when I set item permission to trustee my friend is unable to open it(he has kindred permission), while add and remove/modify permissions are set to kindred.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16301
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4023
    SotA.Win.64.998.Date.06.26.19
    Area: Novia_R7_City_Aerie
    Area Display Name: Aerie
    Loc: (185.0, 31.8, 93.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfQ2l0eV9BZXJpZXx8KDE4NS4wNDksIDMxLjg0NSwgOTMuNjk0KXwoMCwgMC45ODksIDAsIC0wLjE0Nyl8LTE4Ny4yMDJ8NDMuMjcxMTN8Mi43MTI2ODI=

Chiasma and Synergy Blaize like this.
  2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Issue #65140 for review.

3. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Barugon likes this.
  4. radyogh

radyogh Avatar

Yeah. It seems to be just the same problem. And I also have permissions from a guild status (sorry, I'm new to the game and housing, and I don't know much about how it works. figured out some details only after reading your post).

And I want to add another thing, that is most likely connected to the same problem:
    Before this update I was able to set permissions on a door to "my room"(it's on the second floor of the same house) right clicking on it and now right clicking on the door does nothing. (I tried doing that from inside and from outside of the room too.)

5. Lord Subtleton

Check with the owner of the plot. You'll need to have "Tenant" access and your character needs to be listed in the access list for that door.

radyogh likes this.
  6. radyogh

radyogh Avatar

Thank you. I will try speaking to him about that, but I'm not sure when we will be able to catch up - he lives in a very different time zone (about 12[+/-] hours difference).
    ... But the thing is that lot owner didn't login since 16.10.2019, when he changed my guild status and tweaked some lot access stuff (so I could give other people access to "my room"), other guild members(except the guy mentioned in the first post) and co-owner of that lot didn't login for a longer period of time. Concerning this I don't think anyone has changed anything regarding my access to that lot or room... so something has changed with the update and I don't see any mentions of lot access changes in `Release 67 Instructions` on forums and I was unable to find anything more similar to patch notes on forums. (I bet there are some logs with all lots access changes made by players.)

7. radyogh

radyogh Avatar

Checked with build 1001:
    1) I am able to use the chest on the first floor, which still has the same access:
    [​IMG]

2) I am able to edit door permissions:
    [​IMG]

3) but it seems to be connected to this issue, I can't open one of my chests now:
    [​IMG]
    I am still a guild officer, but it seems that my access level is "Kindred" (it was "Trustee" before). Chest is private to me, but I can't use it or do anything to it.

And as @Lord Subtleton suggested:
    I have contacted the owner of the plot and copy-pasted him this text. And he said "hopefully making you tenant will get you into the room". It seems that he misunderstood me (I had access to the room, I only couldn't change the door permissions after R67 update), but he didn't mention any other access changes.

So... Is this another housing access bug(should I make a new thread for that?) or it is working as intended(making a guild officer a tenant reduces access level to kindred from trustee)?

4) I also can't see Lot access list anymore (I was able to see it after R67 update, not sure about before R67 update - never checked it):
    [​IMG]
    (Because my access level was changed to `Kindred` from `Trustee`?)

8. Lord Subtleton

Sounds like we are making progress. The remaining issue (if I read this right) seems to stem from membership in the guild. I believe you are supposed to gain kindred access just by being in the guild when the lot is a Guild Chapter House. That part might not be working. As a work-around, you might ask the owner of the lot to add you as a Trustee to the lot.
    Added issue #65160, will look into it further.

Jaesun and radyogh like this.
  9. radyogh

radyogh Avatar

Well. I'm not 100% sure. But I think it used to be (for a "Guild Chapter House"):
    member=Kindred access level
    officer=Trustee access level
    At least, before the update, when guildmaster changed my guild status from just a member to officer I noticed new options in items menu ("Trustee" access level), and after R67 I had "Trustee" access level, which seems to have changed to "Kindred" somewhere between build 999 and build 1001. While a friend of mine, who was always just a regular member of a guild always had "Kindred" access. And everything seems to be ok("same as it was before") for him now.
    Sorry, can't provide more details. I'm still very new to the game and don't know how things work. ...and i'm also falling asleep...
    And thank you!

10. Lord Subtleton

So after some research, here's what I've found. Adding your name to the access list overrides the access you would normally receive from being a member of the guild. So what you want to do is get the owner of the lot to add you as both a Tenant and a Trustee. Then you will have access to that chest.

11. radyogh

radyogh Avatar

House owner added me to house access list as "Trustee, Tenant" and I am able to open that chest now.
    But there is another problem now:
    When I have tenant mode enabled in permission options - I can't mode/modify items that I placed with tenant mode disabled, and when I disable tenant mode in permission options - i can't do anything to items that I placed when I had tenant mode on. I can open chest and add/remove items with tenant mode on, but to change access level or move chest - I have to disable tenant mode.

Tenant on:
    [​IMG]

Tenant off:
    [​IMG]

It also looked wrong when I couldn't open the chest which was private for me... no matter what access levels it required.

Also, when tenant mode is on - I can't move/remove/modify_access_levels of all other items in the house, no matter private or non-private.
    And I couldn't gather plants that I planted yesterday, had to ask my friend to do that. Didn't check if tenant mode had anything to do with that, didn't know it could be causing problems back then.

12. Lord Subtleton

We will review access permissions for next release. In the meantime, for the next build #1004, players will be able to modify door permissions if they have Tenant or Kindred access - and are on the access list of the door. Once this change happens, you will be able to have your lot owner remove you from the lot's access list. You will then have access to the door, and the chests without having the additional troubles of being a Tenant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.