Observations from this Weekend’s Artifact Shopping

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bayard, Jul 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

With the ability to upgrade older artifacts, prices have jumped for many of them as expected. With the future in mind, I spent about six hours this weekend shopping for reasonably priced artifacts while I could still afford them. Here are some general observations:

- Many alert merchants have already raised their prices with June 29 re-listings for the newly upgradeable artifacts. However, most haven’t yet increased the prices for the remaining older artifacts. Get them while you can.

- Older artifacts that can now be upgraded saw significant price increases. Base (uncommon) artifacts like; Necklace of Cautious Precision, Lavalliere of the Lagomorph, Ankh of Sacrifice and Ankh of Wala are generally priced around 25-100K gold while a few months ago you could find them for 5-10K each.

- Some older artifacts appreciated even more. For example, Rings of Brittle Brawn are now up to 50-75K if you can find them at all. It will be interesting to see if upgrading to Rare or Legendary will make the strength gain make up for the loss of health for some builds. If so, you could potentially see Legendary Rings of BB going for well over 1M gold. But even that price could end up being low since buying 16 Rings of BB at 50K each would cost 800K in gold and an incredible amount of time to find and buy them (or farm them)!

- Already high priced items like Ring of the Lich Kind have increased to over 125K and climbing. Will a Legendary Ring of Lich Kind sell for over 3M gold someday? It will be interesting to see.

- Rings used to make the Warlock Chain can still be found for 4K gold but expect to see these prices triple if they become upgradable for extra attunement even without the Warlock Chain.

- Crafting rings are also still reasonably priced from 4-10K but expect them to rocket up if the crafting bonuses are increased upon upgrade.

- There are still some artifacts available for 4-10K like Halberd of the Sun and Shield of Attraction but all it takes is for one dev adjustment to finally make these items worth using.

While the debate about upgraded artifacts eclipsing player-made gear is discussed elsewhere, there is no debate the devs have found a way to remove artifacts from the world.

Happy (Artifact) Hunting,
    JkB

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

The good side is (beside the new mechanic itself of course) is that CotoS got much cheaper again.
    Might be connected to the gold drain the change is enforcing. But that's just idle speculation from my end because I am bored at work ^^

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  3. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

What gold drain?

100 coal is not much of a gold sink. I imagine the coto price drop is down to the real life Lord British 20% crown sale.

Regards
    Spung

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Yeah. That's not what I am talking about. The raised arti prices. Though I admit that "drain" was the wrong word for that. My bad.

5. Sarek

Sarek Avatar

Yeah if you shop in the markets you play the market price, I got for example the warlock rings at 2k a go and lots of them hidden away in the nested town I live in plus many low price artefacts. I periodically load up and go remote to reward the explorer type of player, when I start getting hit to hard that I can't stock I move again.

6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

A restocked vendor with today’s date was selling 100 cotos for 16000. Is that the cheap price now?

What have you seen cotos being sold for cheaper?

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

15.500 just an hour ago.
    They were at 18-19k a couple of days ago.

Jaesun and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  8. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

SHHH... I'm hunting Wabbits....

9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I expect coto prices recently are driven by huge store sale on cotos threw the 5th I have made 3 separate coto purchases because of the sale. It’s been about 8 months since I’ve bought cotos previously.

10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Good point. Totally missed the sale. Kinda busy in rl due to summer holidays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.