Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Combat bar pops up when dragging crafting skills

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Mishikal, Jun 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

The really obnoxious behavior introduced in R66 of the combat bar popping up anytime you touch *anything* in your inventory or drag a skill continues in R67. What's even worse is that it pops up even when you're dragging something it doesn't even apply to it, like agriculture skills from the crafting skill tree.

Can we at least *please* make it so we can disable this utterly obnoxious behavior? The only time I want my combat bar to pop up is if I hit "Z" to take my weapon out. Period. If I am going to be making changes to my combat bar, it's going to be when I press the "Y" key to pull up the interface that's already been specifically added to the game for this very purpose.

I thought part of the whole point of all this work on improving user experience was, to, well, IMPROVE the user experience. This in *no way* improves my experience at all, but it sure does NEGATIVELY impact it constantly throughout the day. Even worse (since I have dash and sprint on 1 &2 on the utility bar), if I just *bump* something in my inventory for whatever reason, and then am trying to hit 1 or 2, I often end up getting my damn weapon pulled out because the combat bar popped up when I most definitely in no way whatsoever wanted it out.

Please please please let us turn off this utterly annoying, obnoxious, and utterly unnecessary behavior that was thrust upon us.

Thanks.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

even worse, you cannot have the combat bar and the deco bar at the same time. placing books SHOULD open the deco bar, but since it's technically possible to put them on the utility bar the combat bar pops up instead.

Bedawyn, Jaesun and Mishikal like this.
  3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yes, it's horribly obnoxious while decorating as well. I don't understand this change at all, it in no way improves the player experience I can see, rather it is a significantly negative impact.

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Feedback added as issue #65162!

Jaesun, Mishikal and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Mishikal likes this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Echondas likes this.
  8. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks for the feedback!

This behavior has been tweaked to better accommodate decorating with items that happen to be eligible for use on a hotbar.

Also, a new option has been added to the options menu to enable/disable this help functionality. The new option is named "Show Help for Hotbar Drag-and-Drop Editing" and is located in the Interface tab in the Hotbar section.

This new option will be available in an upcoming patch this week.

9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Thank you so much @wizardsmoke !!!
    While decorating is indeed one area where it was frustrating, it was not the only time (For me, just moving around potions or repair kits, etc, would cause it to pop up, regardless of decorating).

10. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

wizardsmoke likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.