Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lucky Leather quest bug

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by uhop, Jul 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uhop

uhop Avatar

07/04/2019 03:29
    Title: Lucky Leather quest bug
    Reproduction Rate: ?
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: I went to South Drachvald Spur, talked to the mentor and some squires, went out and got 12 pieces of lucky leather. In a process I did the Rose quest. Then I went back (all in one session) and when I talk to a squire I can see that my "giving" selection box shows up momentarily and goes out making it impossible to give them anything. When I speak to a squire the second time I don't even see the giving interface at all and there is no way to show it. Anything I ask a squire does not trigger the interface.
    Steps to Reproduce: talk to a squire
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 64360
    GPU: GeForce GTX 680/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 4096
    SotA.Linux.64.1004.Date.07.02.19
    Area: Novia_R5_Hills01_Road
    Area Display Name: South Drachvald Spur
    Loc: (241.2, 42.7, -351.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfSGlsbHMwMV9Sb2FkfHwoMjQxLjIwMiwgNDIuNzIyLCAtMzUxLjg5NSl8KDAsIC0wLjc3NSwgMCwgMC42MzEpfC00NTYuNTcwNnwzMy43NTYxfDEuMzc=

2. uhop

uhop Avatar

I exited to the menu and resumed the game. This time around I was able to give away the lucky leather to squires. But talking to the mentor didn't finish the quest --- she asked me about the progress not acknowledging that I finished everything. Yet when I spoke to her the second time the quest proceeded as expected. Weird.

Another small detail that can help to troubleshoot: while before I was not able to trigger the giving interface, as soon as I got the quest I spoke to some squires and the interface was open immediately and I have to cancel it because I didn't have any lucky leather yet.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I just finished this quest not too long ago and it completed just fine. Are you sure you didn’t miss one of the squires?

Might try taking to each one to be sure.

4. uhop

uhop Avatar

1) I could NOT give squires what they needed. Yes, I tried to give lucky leather to all of them. That's the point of my bug report.
    2) On the second run I am 100% sure I gave each of 5 squires 2 lucky leather and had 2 more left for me (I stopped collecting when I got 12 lucky leather).

I completed the quest too but in general it was buggy and required some technical non-quest-related activities: logging in and logging out, initiating the same conversations to the same character twice in the row.

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yes. Currently, there’s some bug that sometimes happens where the quest turn in window will suddenly close. This is fixed, for now by logging out and logging in again.

This bug is unfortunately random, and no one has figured out a way to replicate this bug. If you CAN find a way to replicate the bug, please do share that information. I have tried and tried to replicate this, but I can’t ever get that bug to happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.