Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Failure to Plant in GreenHouses

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by AdriAnna Groosk, Jul 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdriAnna Groosk

AdriAnna Groosk Avatar

Hi,
    I have the use of Windfield Pax's Castle Lot in Paxlair, where I have 15 large Greenhouses. The majority of these work fine, however, of late I have some issues with ones that have a mixture of barrel pots and ceramic pots. In these greenhouses it will not allow me to use the Planting Skill to plant up to 10 or 12 pots. I am able to plant them individually. Sometimes after doing this the Watering Skill works other times it also fails.

I have spent some time experimenting with this issue in order to try and track exactly what may be occurring. Many of the Greenhouses that had ceramic pots in I have cleared and replaced using only barrel pots and this seems to have solved the issue. Unfortunately it also seems to move the issue into the next greenhouse with ceramic pots. I started out with 4 of these greenhouses with a mixture of ceramic and barrel pots and have now reduced to to only two that had been working perfectly for some time.

In one Greenhouse I attempted to solve the issue by just removing the ceramic pots and replacing them with barrel pots but this did not fix it. I do stack the Greenhouses and have 148 planting points in each one. I also use three Town Lots in Brittany Wharfs the same way and have not had any problems with those but only have barrel pots in them.

I will try to replace the remaining ceramic pots over the next couple of days in the hope this will be solved but feel others should be made aware of this issue.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

If things are too close above them, you cant plant in them.

3. AdriAnna Groosk

AdriAnna Groosk Avatar

Thank you for your very sound advice but I am not sure if you read my post or just did not understand it.

This should have been indication that the clearance is within parameters.

This should have been another clear indicator that the problem is not a "stacking clearance" issue.

Perhaps your misunderstanding was formed from my clumsy prose and bad grammar, but thank you for your feedback.

4. AdriAnna Groosk

AdriAnna Groosk Avatar

Worked on the remaining two Greenhouses today that were giving me problems.

The first one I did I completely pulled down and rebuilt it. When it came to plant it it functioned like it should.

The second I tried to short cut as I was running short of time. Pulled out the 24 ceramic pots and another 24 barrel pots as well as the 4x1x1 granite pillars and 20 point planters. Then re-stacked them using only barrel pots, pillars and planters. Sadly this proved to be a failure. When attempting to plant the Greenhouse on the side I had not touched received the message "There was an error while updating the Lot". This is the same message I received in the Greenhouse I tried to short-cut earlier. Earlier today I was talking to another Player who said she had had this message recently and after spending some time trying to solve it they had simply given up and moved their "farm" to a different Lot.

Tomorrow I will completely pull this Greenhouse down and redo it in the hope that it will solve my issue.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.