Blood River Deeds

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Bedawyn, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Who is supposed to give the deed in Blood River Outskirts? None of the big three -- Bearfield, Alberic, and Phineas -- will give me one. I've served the warrant, killed Naturamans twice, got the Hood and banner and dye bundle, found Gus, even got the whittle emote (which I love), can't find anything else to do. I've gone back to all three of them and said deed separately. And this is with a character who hasn't received any deeds anywhere yet. (The account already has one, but Sannio told me last week that it was character-based instead of account-based.) Not sure if it's bugged or if there's something left I haven't done.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If you have the banner of truth, speak to Alberic. Type in the word deed.

Edit: You only get one per account. You already have one, so you cannot get another one.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  3. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

As I said, I've already done that. So I guess it's another bug...

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

perhaps sannio misunderstood what you were asking.

5. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

I wrote @Sannio because I'd just gotten a deed (that I wasn't expecting) on an alt whose account already had one, and I thought it might be a bug giving out too many deeds. He said no, that it was working fine, that alts could each get their own deeds.

This character has no deeds; another character on the same account has one deed, but it's from a different outskirts. This is the first of my "cast of characters" to go through Blood River (and thankfully, the last of the cast completely -- I'm so tired of newbie areas, although I'm sorry I never got the chance to see Blood River Massacre).

I don't actually need the deed at this point, but I AM frustrated at the constant inconsistency. Basics like this should work consistently, logically, and intuitively. No one should have to wonder whether something is a bug or not.

And if the game rewards the same player for repetitively completing the same area twice -- which it does -- but won't reward a player for exploring two different areas? That's just..... *shakes head*

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  6. Nick

Nick Avatar

Could it be that you completed the main quests and got a deed (village), then went back to the outskirts and gotten another deed (row)? So you thought you are getting an extra deed? Each account does get 2 deed.

7. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

No, that is NOT possible. I've been playtesting the newbie areas since I started SotA in the spring; between Unity crashes, the lag caused by forced multiplayer, and splitting my attention between different alts, even my main character hasn't gotten as far as a Tier 2 area yet. I don't have any village deeds, I don't have any shrouds, I haven't completed the main quest line, and I don't see anything in my original post to make people think that I don't know what I'm talking about when I describe my own game experience or what I have or haven't done.

Seriously. I know people are trying to be helpful, but it's insane-making how many replies in this forum (not just to my threads, but to people seeking help in general) translate to either "I'm going to offer a pat solution that isn't remotely helpful because I didn't read the OP" or "the original poster must be an idiot who doesn't know what they're talking about when describing their own experience." When someone is already frustrated with the game, those attitudes are not going to improve the situation.

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Just file a bug in the bug forums.

And why can't you see Blood River Massacre?

9. Nick

Nick Avatar

@Bedawyn , my apologies if my reply upset you. This was from R55 notes when free deeds were first introduced. Just for your reference.

RELEASE 55, June 28, 2018
    • Story: We will continue to work on adding side quests and polish to the Paths of Truth, Love, and Courage. We’ll continue to add and update maps for the in-game map system. We will also add backer NPC conversations to Brittany Alleys.Finally, the scenes Norgard Fens, Bramble (town), and East Vauban Foothills will be rebuilt from scratch.
      • New Reward for Story Completion (SPOILER): We know that, although it is not a required component of the Shroud of the Avatar experience, property ownership is a very compelling experience. It is so compelling, that we want all players to have a clear path towards that goal. We already have the deed lottery, and deeds that drop as loot, but those are random chances versus certainties. Several members of our community suggested we reward property for a significant achievement in the game. We really love that idea so, starting with Release 55, all Avatars who complete the entire story will receive a Player-Owned Town Row Lot Deed (Taxed) from the Oracle! This means completing the Paths of Truth, Love, Courage, and the Path of the Oracle. This will be retroactive, so anyone who has already completed the story will merely need to revisit the Oracle to receive their lot deed (NOTE: Please see Arabella in the Oracle Temple in Central Brittany first, then talk to any Oracle access point but not the actual Oracle herself). This lot deed will not be tradeable between players and there will be a limit of one lot deed per account (i.e. you will not be able to earn one for each character you have). The no-trade and account limit are to prevent farming. Note that in Offline Mode this lot deed can be used anywhere, not just in Player-Owned Towns! As a reminder for those concerned about taxes: the Oracle provides 500 gold per day for consulting with her, which is twice the amount of taxes owed for a Row Lot per day.
    And this is from R62
    • Lot Deed Quest Rewards: One of the strongest features in Shroud of the Avatar is our Player Housing system. Previously, we rewarded players with a Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed for completing the entire story, approximately 40 hours of gameplay (less if you watch YouTube!). After collecting lots of feedback and data from our players we have decided to move that reward to much earlier in the game experience. Now players will receive a Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed for finishing any of the Outskirts quest lines! We have also upgraded the story completion reward to a Player Owned Town Village Lot Deed and Shingle Roof Village Home house deed.
    • If you have already completed any one of the Outskirts storylines and don’t already have the row lot deed reward, just return to the main contacts (Kinsey, Burnes, Alberic, or Phineas Drumplemouth) and use the “deed” keyword to receive this reward.
    • If you have completed the main storyline, simply go to any Confirmatory and talk to the Oracle. She’ll give you the village lot and house deeds just for saying “hello” to her.
    • You can only obtain these deed quest rewards once per account. The quests are not repeatable.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Fenrus MacRath and Jaesun like this.
  10. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

@Nick, I appreciate that. And I know it was regularly advertised as one deed per account. Which is WHY I reported it to Sannio when I unexpectedly got two identical deeds per account, and why I was surprised when he said it was fine and working properly.

I am not frustrated because I didn't get the deed. Sure, I'd like it, it would save me 900 crowns in upgrade costs down the road, but that's WAY down the road, and at this rate, I'll get everything I need from Twitch stream contests anyway. :) I AM frustrated because (a) the game urges people, multiple times, to complete all three outskirts, but there's no real reward for doing more than the first, (b) it makes no sense at all to reward people for repeating the same scene but not to reward them for doing different scenes, and (c) the disconnect between what the docs say and all the older players think is happening and what is actually happening (not just about the deeds) is making me pull my hair out.

@Vladamir Begemot, I can't see Blood River Massacre because there is no longer any way to get there. You can get to Blood River, but not to the Blood River Massacre starter scene. This last character -- I wish there'd been more warning that they were going to can the Isle of Storms, if I'd known I'd at least have started my truth-based character offline so I could see what it was like before the option was gone -- but of course now I had to start her at Battle of Solace Bridge. And even turning her around and sending her right back through the rift as soon as I could (which wasn't soon enough) only puts her in the Blood River aftermath scene. (Even knowing what I was doing with the combat bar, I still nearly died three times just trying to get out of there and into the outskirts).

Which just doesn't make sense either. You HAVE to do Battle of Highvale because it's the only way to get Gawain's amulet that starts you on the path of courage. I still don't know which specific action starts you on the path of love, but it doesn't really matter because they're all intertwined over there. But Highvale, you need the amulet. And in Blood River, you need the dagger, but you can get that in the aftermath version of the scene, unlike Highvale. It's inconsistent, to the point that I'm gaslighting myself trying to force consistency onto it. Ah well.

11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Before you went to the batttle/massacre scene even if you didn't do it first. This sounds like a bug.

Bug it. First entrance into Blood River isn't the Massacre.

Bedawyn likes this.
  12. Alley Oop

...unless it's through a rift. first entrance FROM THE OVERWORLD shoud be to the massacre.

13. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

My offline character made her first entrance to Blood River from the overworld. No massacre. And when I questioned it then, everyone told me to take the rift. :-(

14. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Side question, are all characters on your account automatically considered Co-Owners on any property one of those characters owns?

15. Alley Oop

going through the rift first isn't a problem. if it works properly, you'd take the rift to blood river, walk out, and see the enter button on the overworld say massacre.

16. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Sounds like it's bugged.

17. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Automatically has full ownership, yes. Land and gold and other things.

Oh, that makes sense, that you can go to the aftermath before the actual event -- not! But I'm still in the Outskirts (still some THERE I haven't explored yet), so I'll test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.