Signed Copy Frustration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Superbitsandbob, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Oh, could you clarify what kind of priority system is at work here? Because I got a rather big pledge and a lot of other things and I got my stuff in wave 3.

2. Thxforthememories

Thxforthememories Avatar

Perhaps I could have worded that better - I was not implying that anyone in particular had a priority. It would be better for me to say the remaining packages have not been a priority.

3. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

When you say have their boxes, are you referring to from pledges?

I just went to the store and bought a signed, boxed copy from there as it was advertised and available, as I would from any online store. You say missed shipment but there was no indication of any cut off date. As I said, I just bought it from the store and much like any store, I would have just expected it to be shipped. Otherwise why advertise it?

Even a quick message here to say it'll be sorted would have been nice.

Edit: I have only just noticed Chris message about shipping. Hopefully mine is one of those.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Bom likes this.
  4. Hitfan

Hitfan Avatar

I bought my copy several months ago, and never received mine. I've contacted support, but I have not received any action on this.

arcdevil likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Avatar

Jaesun and Hitfan like this.
  6. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

How much time does it take to post an announcement on the forum? I understand their situation but their lack of communication with the customers is disturbing, to say the least.
    People have been waiting for MONTHS and yet, not a single word from the devs explaining the situation and their future actions. ( email, forum or even Facebook or Twitter )
    BTW, the customers are not to be blame for what happened to in the past.

As It was their responsibility to get the product ready on time for the shipping .

7. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

Still waiting on my Duke pledge level Kickstarter box to arrive ☹️

arcdevil likes this.
  8. Hitfan

Hitfan Avatar

Thank you for this. I'm a big fan of the Ultima games and I have the original boxed versions of Ultima III through IX, and the prospect of getting a boxed version of the spiritual successor to Ultima signed by a CRPG legend was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I messaged Chris and I hope that this issue gets resolved soon.

Jaesun, Duke Gréagóir and Nick like this.
  9. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Its a fair assessment, given that the game officially released in March 2018. Like I said in an earlier post, its kinda mindboggling.

We need to be fair though. For example, how many shipments didn't occur because folks didn't follow instructions to put their shipping address in their account when requested? How many shipments didn't reach their recipient because the person moved and didn't update their address with Portalarium? For all we know, Port may feel they have already fulfilled some of these orders they are still being asked for due to this. We dont hear about that. We just hear the screaming.

Duke Gréagóir and Montaigne like this.
  10. Mishra

Mishra Avatar

Still waiting on mine

arcdevil likes this.
  11. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

I PMed Chris on 3rd May as this was the suggested thing to do. He replied and said he would post it that day. Still nothing. Followed up on Friday but have heard nothing so far. At this point I'm pretty much done with the game and would just like my boxed game or my $99 + $29 postage back.

arcdevil and Blackghost like this.
  12. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Once again, the lack of communication is almost illegal.
    Ignoring customers requests is a bad strategy if you want to succeed..

arcdevil likes this.
  13. oplek

oplek Avatar

Yours may be among those sent yesterday.

... but the notion that they're sending out to people who nag them first is a bit mystifying, in terms of customer service. You'd think they'd send out to people who have been waiting longest, instead of the people screaming loudest. That's disrespecting those who have been the most patient. Does that mean that they're going to just keep the money of those who don't follow the streams or the forums, and not send them what they paid for?

I wish they'd just come out and admit it - "Hey guys, we're sorry, but we lost the main list, so we only know who we're supposed to send to if you let us know now and we'll try to set this right." They might regain some respect instead of trying to hide it.

arcdevil, Montaigne and Cordelayne like this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No one was paying for anything but to get the game made. The rewards were well the rewards. It was a kickstarter.

I do believe eventually those who continue to shout out will get their rewards (boxes etc) and those who do not may be missed. An email should have gone out on this but I did not hear that it did. It should have stated with many changes in staff and the state of the budget that they are requesting those citizen pledges and above to notify them of their information like their current account name, address, etc but did they do this? @DarkStarr. If not then another shipping date should be planned from responses of such an e-mail imo. Then I truly believe they will have done what they can. Who knows what may have happened to some players. 6 years is a long time in the life of some.

Truly it is what it is and what everyone paid for was to get a game made up to the point we are are. Anything else we never know. We all know this game has been an unconventional entity struggling a long in it's crowd-funded low budget format for such a huge undertaking from the start. I don't see management changing anytime soon and we cannot go back for do-overs. Considering all that there is quite an expansive game that was made while it still lacks some basic fundamentals it is still a play ground for those who wish to play in it. Some do not and they just call out for the rewards that were suppose to be given from pledging for this game and that is their only reason for being here today.

So here's sending you all the best and wishing for you to receive your boxes and signed copies.

Most of all I wish for many things to happen for the game that I don't see happening as of this time. So as always I wish for this most of all.

I wish for the team to never give up and to find funding to do things above and beyond full of details and fun and this includes systems in game like cooking, brewing, crafting, and systems to come such as treasure hunting, mounts, boating, an achievement/task system, timer system content and actual in game timer system for all players, a rating system on lots, dungeons, basements, and a raid system. Please let us get all of that full of details.

Please let us not just go from release to release with no big news that Ep 2 will roll out some awesome things like special bundles that let players know things are coming like for example: A pirates bundle with ship included, a special mount bundle with extras like saddle, saddle blanket etc. Make new bundles in all sizes and costs not just huge bundles like the Isle Bundles. Payment plans a gain would take us along way. Things that bring hope about this game again are much needed. Then we can sit back, relax, and enjoy what we each enjoy about a game that has always had so much possibility and as it stands now has a lot of amazing still.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  15. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

I do agree although with regards to nagging, I just did what was requested by Chris I think which led me to believe that some list had been mislaid. ;)

16. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

This is not the situation with everyone though.

I went on to the store, where a signed copy of the game was advertised as in stock, and I ordered it as I would from any online store. So I am not expecting kickstarter rewards, I am expecting a product that was advertised as in stock and for which I ordered in good faith from the store. Mine was a transaction.

I think most people have been understanding with the situation but at this point it has become a bit farcical.

arcdevil and majoria70 like this.
  17. Fungus44

Fungus44 Avatar

I see your point, I disagree though as being silent just leads to it dropping further down the priority order for something that should have been resolved in 2018.

The original house plot selection process based on pledge value within the game was absolutely super organised and implemented by the Port team, I just wish they'd carried this process out as efficiently as its caused more bad press and in your words 'toxicity' for not delivering on pledges (promises) that ensures people think twice about supporting the game in the future.

I've refused to re-install / play the game until my hard copy arrives, that's now in excess of 10months offline. The impact of that is I've not bought a single thing off the online store where I spent regularly throughout each year I've played and equates roughly to $500 / $600 / year. Think about it, I'm surely not the only one, how much money's been squandered due to this issue where folks turn away and stop spending? It's damaging to Port too.

In short IMHO it's not unreasonable in a polite but firm manner to ask / prompt / nudge / cajole etc. where your pledge is, that you were promised over the intervening six years when others who pledged like you received their own packages ten months ago.

arcdevil likes this.
  18. Fungus44

Fungus44 Avatar

Bob love your live feeds (EQ ones my fav's) and your last line sums it up sir, its an all round embarrassment.

arcdevil and Superbitsandbob like this.
  19. oplek

oplek Avatar

I'm sorry, but that is not for you to decide. Nor can you read minds. You may argue that, from a legal standpoint, they had no guarantee of delivery, but people definitely chose tiered rewards because they wanted those rewards, and they had a reasonable trust that the industry veterans would honor it.

And that's unprofessional and a disgrace.

20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I did not say it was professional or anything like that. The whole game and everything about it got created with little planning to make it all run smoothly and as could be expected. It just did not happen. I say keep asking for your goods. That is not my place to tell anyone how to feel. We all feel the way we do. If this game does not get finished to a much larger degree than it is with missing basics included and finished then I will feel such a loss. The game has such potential. It always has but truly needed a lot more guidance to manage all the ins and outs of doing business and also creating a game. What a very sad shame if this game does not get the attention it still needs. Really who we talk to are game designers not business managers. What was done over the years seems to be a lot of confusion to put it all together and we ask why well our developers are having to delve into business issues it seems due to loss of staff that may have some answers, but what do I know. So You have to fight your own battles on this of course. I am sorry so just continue. As I said before I wish you all to get what you are asking for.

arcdevil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.