Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Trustees able to return all deco to bank

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Griffler, Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

As the owner of a lot I've placed deco as PRIVATE, a Trustee is able to "Send Player's Item to their Bank" on every single item placed on the lot regardless of who's placed it or its permissions.

2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Trustee access is indeed required in order to move another player's item to the bank. Are you suggesting it should work differently? If so, please elaborate on how you think it should work and why. Thanks (in advance) for your feedback!

3. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

I would never grant trustee access to someone who could then take my stuff and put it in their bank. Trustees should be able to take things that they placed and send them to their bank, but if the lot owner places it, then the trustee should be limited to 'move item' only for that object.

4. Lord Subtleton

The item in question would go to the bank of the player who placed it. With that in mind, do you still think trustee's should not be able to send items to the bank?

Also, under what circumstances would it be appropriate for a player to send another player's item to the bank?

5. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

I guess I should consider that owners have the ability to set items in their house to the "owner level" in which case a trustee could never send that to a bank. With this in mind, I guess that if the owner has set something to 'trustee', they are in effect giving permission for the trustee to send the item to the owner bank. So that would work for me.

With this in mind, please set everything currently placed on any Lot, Pot, Basement, Dungeon to the "Owner" level. Then once the release goes live, players can go around and lower the permissions on items that they do not mind having moved.

Cypher Black

Dhanas likes this.
  6. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

Exactly, and same with the new Deco mode thing. If the Owner of a lot sets something down a Trustee should not be able to send it to the bank. If the Owner of a lot sets an object to private, no one but the owner should be able to move it if not set to allow public movement.

Dhanas likes this.
  7. Lord Subtleton

Added issue #65307

8. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

I added a similar bug report as well. Not sure if it's only limited to trustee though.

9. Lord Subtleton

This is now resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.