Apparently I like the new crafting changes cause

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lace, Jul 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

I played hookey.

Its been months since I had the will to truly craft gear, and while I will be the first to admit my skepticism on what we verbally heard, in practice now on live I must say it is a pretty fair compromise.

Thank you @DarkStarr , @Chris , @Bzus (and any others involved)

for putting your heads together, scaring the crap out of most of us, and I feel implementing a fair system.

So have a beer on me and then when you get time take a look here heheheheh cause you know how the community is, make em happy on one thing and they slam ya with a bunch more stuff.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ation-just-rerolls.157092/page-2#post-1245784

Astirian, Hazard, Jaesun and 14 others like this.
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Elrond seems to have the same message, and as a buyer, This makes me very happy, as stores will finally be replenished and I will finally be able to find better pieces to replace those I already have!

3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

This is great to hear Lace! I also agree with @Violette Dyonisys, looking forward to buying newer, better and hopefully cheaper gear! :)

4. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Same here - actually looking forward to restocking this weekend :)

5. Lace

Lace Avatar

I am crafting my buttocks off! By end of weekend I know I will be presenting many buying choices heh

6. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Yay!!!!

jschoice, Elwyn, Astirian and 13 others like this.
  7. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

I can’t express how much it means to see posts like this right now

Sarek, Malimn, Fister Magee and 21 others like this.
  8. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

I agree that the re-roll system does address some of the RNG elements that are prevalent in crafting and I do like the system. I was testing out a few swords last night and it only took me a fraction of the ingots it would have otherwise.

I think most of the outcry when this was first mentioned came about because there was no information other than "you get a chance to re-roll". Questions were asked such as How many re-rolls? does it cost anything? do you re-roll a single choice or all of them? what is the chance of the re-roll? do the ones you choose to re-roll get added back into the pool? etc etc etc

I think a lot of the panic seen on these forums over the mastery skill could have been avoided by giving some details about how it would actually work.

9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Agreed, but I think giving too much info and not being able to deliver on time or at all would have made it even worse. There was a lack of communication, but I think it's more about not knowing what to communicate more than anything.

Astirian, Jaesun, K1000 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I have to agree, it is much better now, despite all the negative things I've posted in the last few weeks about it. (To the point that I blew through several hundred thousand gold on ingots.) To be fair, though, as Scoffer pointed out, the intended system was not fully fleshed out anywhere for us. MAAAAYBE I might have leapt to incorrect conclusions based on the lack of information.

Now, we just need to address what to do about all the non-exceptional "junk" items.

11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Seems I have to stock up my vendor with ress this weekend.
    Däng, I am such a lazy bast*rd.

Mac2 likes this.
  12. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I got heat stroke on Wednesday and I am still feeling ill from it, but the crafting mastery, the 2 mil attenuation and I dont know of anyone else feels this, but the mobs seem more responsive and the skills seem crisper. Despite being sick, I was just SOOOOO happy yesterday. Really loved this release.

13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Don't mess around with something like that d00d and get well soon.

Boris Mondragon and Mac2 like this.
  14. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

On the snappier part, there were some optimizations that went in this release. Metrics show about 7-10% increase in overall performance so far but you can never really tell for a few days because the launch day audience is different than the whole month audience.

15. oplek

oplek Avatar

Easy. All we have to do is let archers shoot with things like couches, bows or swords as arrows, and that'll solve that up in a jiffy.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

OMG KOBOLD SCRAP CANNON

17. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

A day or two ago, in the outskirts, one of my roleplaying characters -- the one who is LEAST likely to ever be adventuring, except as necessary to pay property tax, and who I'm definitely never going to spend money on expensive gear for, looted a pair of crafted leather boots off a bandit. Only 20 durability, but chockful of lesser enchantments. Junk by high-level players' standards perhaps, but the best thing I've ever looted on ANY of my characters, and this combination of "junk" lessers couldn't have been more perfect for this character's personality if I'd picked them myself. :) Already have some crowns allocated to send the crafter, as soon as my subscription comes in.

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yay great job to the devs. I'm so glad to hear the new crafting upgrades are positively accepted. My masterworking is not high enough to test it out yet but I look forward to trying it out.

One person I talked was not so happy though. He said he's only interested when cooking gets updated. No masterworking or enhancing was added to the only skill left untouched which is cooking.

Let us enhance lower tier recipes or any recipes to make them more useful and interesting. Add alcohol to more recipes to make brewing more viable etc.

19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

That's not what I'm referring to, which is why I put junk in quotes. That will still happen as a result of leveling your skills, since you're probably not as concerned with the final product. I was talking about the non-exceptional items whose base durability is too low to be useful. Not so bad if you're making maple bows or leather gloves, but it kinda hurts a bit when you're making hard maple or hardened leather, and you end up trashing 75% of what you made.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  20. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I have not used any of the exceptional I made for over a year and I do fine, you dont NEED exceptional but if you want to just throw them away, its your choice.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.