If UT aint broke, dont fix it!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KDH, Jul 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KDH

KDH Avatar

Wow, so UT was popular, and yall felt the need to fix it? I am only guessing at the thought process. OMG, look, there is always a ut party or two, we need to fix that!

What in the hell is ATT? I had no idea before I started SOTA, and it instantly made sense. You allowed us to make great experience, and be healthy/productive at the same time. I was blown away that a company would come up with this idea! I could level up, have fun, and .. mop, vacuum, do dishes, even gardening. Sitting for long periods is just bad for you, and I thought that was your point of ATT. Now, that your changing it, I am realizing, you had no idea what an amazing system you had.

Just had my first run with the 2m ATT, and it was a living hell. We all quit before we hit att, we just couldnt take it anymore, and the group just disbanded. Well done!

some quotes from party members:
    OMG no att, there is no god.
    I remember the old days when we could grind 24/7, i cant make it though one run!
    LOL, first and last.
    Last run for me, this is hell!
    Last run for me, other obligations.
    Oh yall are so kind to leave before att ty..

Dont change to be popular, enjoy your popularity.

Crendel likes this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Um, how long were you guys in there - is my first question ?

Fenrus MacRath, Mhtic and Mishikal like this.
  3. KDH

KDH Avatar

I think 5 weeks, we all lost track. Was there something in your question about fixing things that are not broken?

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

My question was in regards to your group not reaching 2mill atten in UT.
    How long were you in UT before you all quit?

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  5. KDH

KDH Avatar

I am really not sure, however, that really is the point. It dragged on forever. With two over 100 gms, and one over 2oo, that says enough. We simply did not want to finish, which has never happened before for me. I guess to answer you, whatever it was, it was simply too long, and the whole point to att seemed lost.

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the point of attenuation was never to set healthy time limits on your grinding. that was a side effect. set your own limits. decide how many runs is fun for you, make a group for that many runs, and then stop. you don't have to go until you see the icon. you never did.

7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Um, yeah, attenuation isn't meant to be some sort of check on how long you spend XPing. It was a check to prevent people gaining 10's of millions of XP in a short amount of time. I've never hit attenuation in UT, even when it was 1 million, because I was sane -- I'd do a full run of the 7 (base) waves, then take a break, then rinse and repeat... steady XP, no attenuation and complete sanity.

Jaesun, Feeyo and FrostII like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL, I was disappointed that you all were leaving. Since they raised attenuation to 2 million per hour, I decided to get it while I could. :)

FrostII likes this.
  9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Well, it really depends on the group you're with and what everybody's doing. :confused:
    For instance, I was with a group of 8 guildies last night and we atten'd in just under 40 mins.
    Tonight I was with 2 guildies and we atten'd in 45 mins. :eek:
    2 mill in 45 mins is fine by me. ;)

Brass Knuckles and Barugon like this.
  10. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I THINK the exp there was nerfed late yesterday. Just me killing, 3 people in party mode, I was getting attened just before midway into round 3 in the morning, now I dont atten in FO anymore in 3 full waves, or atten on very last set of third wave in multi with 3 people. MAYBE I was doing it a little slower, but I didnt think I was. Mind you I got heat stoke a bit ago and my mind was not 100%.

Fister Magee and King Robert like this.
  11. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

yeey even longer boring wave sessions...

Cordelayne likes this.
  12. oplek

oplek Avatar

A single zone where most people go to stand in one place and kill the same things over and over, when an entire game of adventure zones exist, meets my definition of "broken". It's been broken since it's introduction, and I'm flabbergasted that it hasn't' been fundamentally corrected, and has been allowed to go unchecked all this time (other than attenuation).

It doesn't make sense that a person could continually make experience doing the same thing over and over. All that'd mean is that your character becomes really good at doing UT, but as soon as that context is left, your character has no idea how to handle the "real" world outside.

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

BTW, don't expect this to last long. ;)

14. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

One sec. Do I understand this right.
    This is complaining because you chose to take a break rather than the game forcing you to take a break.....

I don't often attenuate, even with the old 1 million, but all I used to see was post saying why is the game forcing me to take to a break.

I really don't understand people....

Regards
    Spung

15. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

The shoe that fits one pinches another, there is not recipe for life that suits all. - carl jung

Its just different people with different ideas.

Like pretty much every other mmo. Most people always trying to get the best bang for their buck.

Brass Knuckles and FrostII like this.
  16. oplek

oplek Avatar

The players always try, but if the MMO is worth their salt, they'll at least try to balance the content and not leave things that are so blatantly broken go for so long.

Steevodeevo likes this.
  17. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I think what we might be seeing here is that reaching ATT became a game feature - a goal that became central to the routine of many players. What a curious unattended consequence of the exp hindrance.

I suppose it's somehow akin to people ramping speed bumps on their skateboards/BMX bikes.

I haven't reached the new att cap. I'm not upset about that, but I haven't given up trying, either :)

Brass Knuckles and Mishikal like this.
  18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Well tartarus and the fall lich room are others that are just as good as UT. Some others zones are close to it as well. I dont know why others dont use them, maybes its all the talk about UT. I know the complaints about UT a lot just made other players want to go there.

Jaesun likes this.
  19. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

It is mainly because of the easiness and simplicity of UT, in Tartarus you need a great mage, and you need to run around, meanwhile the fall has the risk of PvPers. That is why UT is so popular, stand in one spot and stay there for as long as you need to.

20. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Usually there is at least one person running around getting the far guys pulled in, and solo, its WAY easier for me to do tartarus then UT cuz it has no ranged guys, can do it without any defensive buffs and not getting hit, I get hit at ut cuz of the ranged mobs. But, when you have a party and the archers are puling the far guys in, yes you can stand in one spot. I would never play like that cuz you dont really improve yourself then, but I am sure if you have a bunch of archers in behind the mage in tarterus, you could probably do the same thing, have one guy doing the pulls and archers just sitting back in one spot shooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.