The Price of Mannequins makes little sense.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KDH, Jul 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

This makes much more sense to me than pricing it high.

2. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

I think many are thinking this would be a better solution to limit numbers, so I would be surprised if it wasn’t thought about by the devs.

So it is more likely to be a money thing; if you buy dozens of these for huge dollars it may crush the performance of your town, but $$$$ for Port so they are good with it I guess.

Just be careful buying or crafting a lot of these right away. If they do make them count as 40+ decos after monitoring performance hits, it would be crappy for anyone who bought a bunch of them.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

All the complaining has made me determined to go buy some from the Crown shop.

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

After all, all it would take is some rich guy to throw all his cash into mannequins and stick them on a lot and it sounds like it would grind everyone to like 1fps (ok probably not but thats the picture in my head I get)

5. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Not everyone, just me. :)

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  6. KDH

KDH Avatar

hahaha good point, i never thought of this. it wont affect others in your basement, you should get a discount LOL

7. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Just cracks me up. Crafted or not we got them. Asked forever for them and now we have them . Frankly i like the idea of them being used as container alottment. I dont have half of my container usage anyways. Better than it costing precious deco points. My bookshop is almost at max limits now as it is...village lot. Only issue i have is that some of the armor doesnt blend well with female mannequins and they kinda float a bit off the floor...but i think that is solved once they get boots on.
    I want to make another one and put the wedding dress on it and put in my bedroom. then put another one in Jack's room with the wedding suit on it. Think that would look cool. Now i need to find a plain top hat for his mannequin

8. KDH

KDH Avatar

Ardoris as well:)

Astirian likes this.
  9. Lancell Lancermane

Lancell Lancermane Avatar

I was so excited to do my house (fashion house) to display all the outfits or most of them hell i would have been happy just to display half .. but 6 containers for one mannequin? i wish they just let us stack the armor one on top of the other instead .. i didnt realize it was gonna be that huge of a container count ... welp back to the ugly shelf idea ... stacking them would have been so much easier ..... oh well .. so much for that idea maybe i will just use them as fake people in my other homes ....

Beaumaris and liz_the_wiz like this.
  10. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

They are optional items, they are decorative items. They have said their reasonings for it. We have the power to not buy them if we do not see the value they do. If people see value in them and buy them, then good for them.

There are plenty bigger things to get all caught up in a tizzy about.

Buy them, do not buy them, no difference. It is not like you have to pay for COTOs with real money if you by them with gold. This is a niche item in my opinion and they are taking the opportunity to cash in on it to continue development of the game. Speculation aside this is just business.

If it really bugs people, then do not buy them so they see they are not viable as products. That is the only real way to stop things moving forward such as bringing out more poses. People are going to buy them because THEY think they are worth it for THEM. We spend too much time imo picking up on every little decision because a company is doing something we feel may or may not be greedy.

This is definitely not the biggest upset with store changes over time, (remember Vendors)?

k. Thx. Bye. <3

11. KDH

KDH Avatar

Sometimes, its important to read what your commenting about. K. Thx. Bye <3

MrBlight and liz_the_wiz like this.
  12. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

I did read it and that is my response. There are bigger things than mannequins being "overpriced" to worry about. :p

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  13. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

As many have stated, this is not a way for Port to "rip us off", it is a way for them to allow a cool way to display your gear in your home but also have some control over how many mannequins are in game, as they are extremely taxing on computer resources. They are equivalent to rendering another person, armor and appearance and all.

Hence the higher price in an effort to balance the high cost of rendering them (and thus, to dissuade someone from having a hundred mannequins on their lawn when you enter a zone, causing performance issues for many).

Cheers,
    Ephraim

14. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Oh my goodness! I crafted one!

15. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

You suggesting the devs work for free?

I tried to talk them into this once but they want to... pay their staff... or something like that.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    K1000, Elwyn, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  16. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Also, given that sales rotate. See if they become more viable when on sale.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  17. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

FYI one is on sale today!

Sara Dreygon and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also really irritated that mannequins use an obscene amount of wood and I understand the reasoning that prompted this is too many mannequins would cause a performance issue and so hoping to limit how many of them are placed. Imo that is a terrible reason to make them take 100 very hard to get woods. Just limit placing of them then. Make them a pet but increase our pet limits which needs done anyway. If these are placed in basements or dungeons won't the performance issues be less? So if this is what is needed we place them underground to display what we want.

We can say visit our warehouse with a huge display of clothing displays. Then performance would take less hits. Make basement and dungeon pet limits much higher to enjoy this new feature if it were a problem. On thought is make mannequins considered as pet or at least just have limits that are good for the game but don't make them un-accessible to do the fun things some of us have always wanted to with them. We will happily go downstairs in basements and dungeons to have fun and create with them if allowed.. Now who wouldn't go underground if we just must but 100 woods to limit us is counter-productive and not good for the game. Let's try again.

Edited wording to clarify

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  19. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

It was not my idea to switch SotA to a f2p model.
    Beside that they said in the livestream the Mannequins are only so expensive to save performance!1

20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

And they have clipping issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.