If UT aint broke, dont fix it!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KDH, Jul 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

There is also another cave like UT, but with demons instead of Liches. I forgot the name of the scene. Why does none create groups for that?

Barugon likes this.
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

My guild was doing groups for that and attenuating.

Feeyo likes this.
  3. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Yeah exactly, I think its even a bit harder as UT right? But not as popular "for some reason".

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

NW Blackblade. Do the waves reset quickly there, though? I've only been there once, and when the daemons showed up, I ran like hell. Wasn't expecting that...

Feeyo likes this.
  5. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

LOL same here :)

6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I don't really understand the complaint in the OP. Attenuation is a penalty, not a prize. It's not detrimental in any way if it takes longer to show up, other than possibly relative to other players or in a big picture game health sense. You can just stop at 1 million if you want to...

As far as UT being broken goes, I think it's probably more accurate to say that undead experience in general is probably a little too good relative to other things in SotA. Most of the time that I've spent playing in the last year was either with a bludgeon/berserker type build or a death/chaos mage build. The death mage was hands down more powerful in terms of damage, survivability, and efficiency...but I could still attenuate solo faster with bludgeon because I could kill liches.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Dulayne and Mishikal like this.
  7. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

Some times I think people just need to poke their head out and smell the roses. The attenuation change has not ruined anything for anyone to be honest. You all could still leave after getting 1m exp rather than push for the 2m. There is nobody forcing anybody to push for the 2m exp.

If they did adjust the exp in UT to be worse, then yeah that is a shame but there is a lot more for people to do. Port definitely need to work on (and I am hopeful that they are), incentivising more people to do other content. This would naturally help make the game look more substantial compared to just seeing people flocking to the same instance all of the time.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Montaigne, Feeyo, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

We've all been hoping that they would take the hint from the popularity of UT and give us more like it in different scenes with different mobs.

Hey, nothing says the people who routinely do UT to take advantage of the xp rate there, don't also do other things in other places. The higher people take their skills with the xp gained in UT, the more options to be successful in other mob scenes. That's where we learn how to fight different stuff than undead.

As far as many of us are concerned - UT has been one of the few things that has kept us playing while waiting for Port to give us new places with different mobs and new challanges, fix the quests, fix crafting, etc......

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Superbitsandbob and Mac2 like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I actually did that a couple times in a group. We would do dragons, then demons, then the mysterious swamp, then whatever. It was quite fun compared to the UT grind.

Ataniiq, Jaesun, Mishikal and 2 others like this.
  10. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

They might not have changed the exp, there is just something odd happening and the exp is kinda all over the place.

Mishikal likes this.
  11. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

I don't understand that in a game where we are allowed to grow our character as much as we want with no skill limit, that there is any need to nerf xp anywhere. All it does is fractionally slow down the power gamers and ends up effecting those who play less more. The only thing broken is that there are not enough other interesting and rewarding areas to go to.

I understand the need to have some limit but don't make it more grindier than it already is.

100% agree. Grinding xp to build my character is the one thing keeping me in game and the grind feels just about OK at the moment. Don't make it even more grindy, just give us more content.

Ataniiq, FrostII, Mishikal and 2 others like this.
  12. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

+1000 right here.

Ataniiq likes this.
  13. oplek

oplek Avatar

Then that's where the XP should be gained. But little about this game makes sense, and it's getting worse over time. There should be some mechanism, like passive skills for "Killing undead", "Killing dragons", etc, that affects combat effectiveness against different types of creatures, so that you can't just stand there in one zone, kill the same handful of humanoids you've fought hundreds of times, and magically be an expert, somehow, at fighting spiders elsewhere.

More importantly, there should be more to do other than progressing characters and decoration. This game has a major fixation of progressing characters as a goal. For instance, last night I spent several hours in another game mapping out a town. I set aside trying to level, and just explored the area, earning *rewards* for exploration. That was fun. There's little to nothing to explore in this game. A bit of sightseeing, but otherwise, mostly the same assets just reconfigured from zone to zone with nothing in them. But I'm digressing.

That's a sad state of affairs. I've never done UT myself, because I wanted to avoid that trap.

14. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Something that @majoria70 has been demanding for so long applies to your post @oplek , Get us achievements for exploring, I mean the blessings are actually a great start (the 3 day ones), they've made me visit and puzzle out a few zones I had never visited, and that was great, but even more than that! Elgarion was talking about how the leaderboard were great for zones, with a weekly reset on "highest from the ground" or "Most X Killed" and stuff like that, but for each zones, would be really great. It could even generate NPC interaction, seeing a beggar say "Thank Oplek for his generosity " or a farmer saying "If you see Violette Dyonisys, Tell her to stay away from my crops!" Would make the world feel alive so much more, and would make people explore more I'm sure of it!

Back on topic though, many other zones have a decent rate of experience, we are simply too used to UT, and people like the easiness they get out of it because it has been ran so many times, but many control points can generate the same kind of experience or close, other zones do the same thing, but these zones were existent pre-UT, and were harder, but when UT came, it was so easy, and nowpeople feel safer in UT, and that is how it is.

15. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

This should totally be a wishlist request! That would make so much sense, and would be easy for casual players to take advantage of too, since it wouldn't require learning a bunch of mechanics to figure out the benefits. Just the passive skill itself would feel like an achievement.

16. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

If you listen to the livestreams or read their plans, then you find out they're already working on something like this, when they talk about "item affinities".

17. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

UT runs in waves. Starts with Vikings, ends with Liches. No one says you have to stay in UT until the little box pops up next to your EXP. That being said, broken/ fixed / dishwashing, whatever. If you don't want to be in UT ,leave. if you want to do 1 run, do 1 run. I don't see how raising the attenuation cap affects you at all in this instance? Is there a psychological aspect to it that you are compelled to stay until you attenuate? like an opportunity cost situation? I don't understand why you are upset at this point.

18. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Do you not remember "The Monkey Room"... THAT was boring.

Mishikal likes this.
  19. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Yeah, but attaching it to items doesn't appeal to me. A (non-magical) sword doesn't know or care what it kills. I can see it for a legendary heirloom, maybe, but not a regular weapon. A character, on the other hand, should be learning the nuances of any type of creature they fight repeatedly, without having to become a legend; it's just experience (the life kind, not the numerical kind) that will make them better at fighting the same kind of creature in the future.

Fenrus MacRath and Mishikal like this.
  20. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

UT broke the game in my opinion. Worst scene the devs have ever put into the game. XP should not be that easy. Week old players are now where I was after a year of playing by just standing in 1 spot. It's utterly ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.