(NecroThread)Archery "adjustments"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

My answer is no. They should have never given ranged free-attack special treatment over other combat trees.

I play an archer BTW.

Vaiden Luro, Sara Dreygon and Mac2 like this.
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Ya I m not against giving some buffs to the skills, but that charged attack is just crazy.

Sara Dreygon and Barugon like this.
  3. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

when you can t figure it out just nerf it. it gets old and shows a lack of understanding.

4. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

I think the weapon speed and weapon my effect this as well. My Kid Twist Grey Pine Longbow with elven strings of speed gets 10 ticks, my envy bow gets 8

5. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

I play an air /tactic archer, mostly PVE. However I am currently hunting all of the dragon heads and that takes me into PVP territory. My buddy and I had just killed the clockwork in blood bay and Crowquillz showed up and handed me my ass in a nice neat gift bag. I literally think I got off 1 shot before he ended me. He used a blade, (I think) and was straight berserker. Later that day hunting the white dragon in the Fall, I crossed paths with Antrax(a sick Death Mage). We had a little better fight, but it ended the same way, me dead. Now I know this is where people come in and say I am a crappy player, insult, whatever. I am not an experienced PVPer, but I can hold my own against most mobs. The point being, I was air shielded and I can knock off a 750 crit fully charged about every 3rd shot and both of these guys wasted me. So if there is an archer out there decimating you at PVP, then possibly he is just a better player than you and its not all class build. Every move has a counter move. If you adapt and overcome you will succeed. I know that a lot of people get used to being top dog and when the scene changes, they are upset. Its the way of all things. Eventually, someone will create another build that counters death or air spec and then folks will complain about that until it changes again.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  6. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

What are you yelling for? I said he has converted other archers. Meaning they were already playing archers... but his build is bananas.

Mac2, Sara Dreygon and Geaux like this.
  7. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Different tools for different jobs. You don't hang a painting with a pipe wrench Mac. A fire mage can simultaneously burn down a whole room of mobs and then scoot away and not take any damage as they burn to death. An archer has to do it one creature at a time, no AOE there(unless you consider muti shot an aoe). Now It might be unfair in certain situations, but lets see who has an easier time at the Zombie wave room in Tartarus or when all the skellies in the Lich room of the rise flood down off the stage. I have to back up, run and hide, play peekaboo shoot you. Fire life mage just burns the whole room and spams heals against any damage they do take. Its the players tactics that make any build viable.

8. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

They would have to seriously buff those glyphs. Its used to take me as long to charge a rapid fire as it did to charge ring of fire. , except my ring of fire would kill everything in the room and my rapide fire (at skill 130) would do about 450 total damage against 1 target. They all(archery skills) really did suck .

9. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

AWESOME POINT!

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  10. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

So this nerf hurt my non op archer badly. I don’t have fancy bows or tons of artifact gear. The focus drain was crazy on just a roadside encounter. I think this is a bit o we the top. I really don’t want to play just the auto attack game. How is that fun?

Mac2, Barugon and Sara Dreygon like this.
  11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

12. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

An excellent point.

Barugon likes this.
  13. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Yep, and once again pushed towards a non skill using archer.

14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

And a fire mage can kill a dragon in ten years, charged attack bow user, 45 seconds. Fire mage completely useless in obsdian forge, archer does not have any mobs immune to archery. And remember, im not asking for a nerf to all archery, just the charged shot. BAH, I will make a video so you can all understand, a picture is worth 1000 words and videos are millions of pictures.

15. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

I get what you are saying . Yes an archer can demolish a single dragon pretty damn fast and that's what 30K XP? A fire mage can burn up 20 petrified Zombies in 3 minutes and how much XP is that? 300K? I run around with a fire mage and the two of us complement each others skills and weaknesses pretty well.

16. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Ummm like 60k for red I think 90k for black and like 140 k for an ancient. we were attenuating killing dragons before. and you dont know about the fall liches, well physical build can get just as much exp there as a mage in ut AND if your a charges shot archer even more then a mage can do in UT. I will just make a video and show you how stupid it is.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  17. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

The only thing I think honestly, is that charge shot is a broken skill in comparison to the rest of the archery abilities. I mean... what is the point in leveling ANY other archery ability if the base charge shot damage and passives so FAR out damage EVERY other ability. You think if I could single target with base bludgeon charge attack and kill targets like an archer can I would waste time leveling ANY other skills?

That is the argument these guys are making. The BASE charge attack is BROKEN. It's not that archery does a **** ton of damage, it's that the base skill has made leveling anything else but 2 passives in the tree POINTLESS. If base damage on all martial skills was broken like archery... there would be NO POINT in leveling the tree skills.

In my opinion, the further down the tree you do, the more powerful it should be, otherwise, what's the point?

Jaesun, Sara Dreygon, Barugon and 2 others like this.
  18. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

While I do agree with every other statement you made, this one is wrong in my opinion. I feel like I need to learn certain skills before I can learn others, such as learning how to puncture correctly an enemy before I can skewer him, but it doesnt mean skewer should be stronger than puncture, I feel like having it's own use and reason to use it is what makes it good. I don't want to see blinding shot do more damage than aimed shot in the archery tree, because it has utility, but I do want to see a 5 stacked aimed shot do more damage than a full charge of a bow/crossbow, with the exception maybe of the Crossbow of Accuracy, because that is what it was designed for, strong charged shots.

Lower the damage from charged attacks (by reducing the amount of stacks quite frankly) and transfer the % of damage removed from it into rapid fire/piercing shot/aimed shot, and that will probably get Mac² and Sara to be more than satisfied with the Archery situation, and it will even make casuals/noobs enjoy archery more, because it usually isnt them who notice that charged shot can do more damage.

Sara Dreygon, Mac2 and Barugon like this.
  19. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Sway, Sara Dreygon and golruul like this.
  20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes, this please.

Sara Dreygon and Mac2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.