(NecroThread)Archery "adjustments"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golruul

golruul Avatar

Just wanted to pop in and say this thread is hilarious, probably because of

Somewhat related, I always thought it was stupid giving the best single-target DPS to the long-range kiter (i.e. the one at least risk). Best single-target DPS should go to the build variations that take the most risk.

Mac2 and Sara Dreygon like this.
  2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Smart man :).

Mac2 likes this.
  3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Lol. But it'd take a week to get to my damage. :D

Mac2 likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Single-target is the key term here. Other skills (like polearms for instance) do heavy damage and hit multiple opponents. If they made the other melee skills single-target then that would be a pretty heinous nerf.

Sara Dreygon, Mishikal and Mac2 like this.
  5. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Its bad idea, chaotic archer will out play guys who cant counter archer in 2 seconds if devs will boost those glyphs. And you will see another topic on the forum.
    Its false statement becouse it depends of the target. Halberd makes single daemon faster then anyone ingame. Firemage make double daemons faster then archer. Firemage makes big troll faster then archer.
    What it should say to us ? That high level acher can be glass cannon with 400 str ? Yes it can. But it need support to put those glyphs, becouse if you dont have support you will die before you put those glyphs lol.

You are so high level guys, so offensive in this topic, answer me pls on one question. I ask it third time:
    You want archer nerf but now its impossible to kill high level death mage/fire+heal mage by high level archer. Dont you think that if archer has almost zero chance to kill them, not archer should be nerf, instead mages should be nerfed ?

P.S. And if we talk about SOLO PVE, firemage has higher overall igg per hour rate than archer.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Girlsname likes this.
  6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

That archer had 250 str is only level 100 has only 120 base archer skill 100 eagle eye and 87 draw str, only 80 in tactics spec and only 100 in beserker stance. and the video im uploading now shows him nearly hitting 1200.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Here is the video of the archer. You can see how blind + archer build give insane crit rate as well.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

How much Dex? Trying to have fun this release before it gets patched out, and I suck at big stat numbers, wondering what you got Big Mac to!

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There's a price for those glyphs, especially when used with chaotic feedback. Add the boost to stacking those glyphs and it's not an issue.

Sara Dreygon and Mac2 like this.
  10. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Dex was 68 LOL

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What is your blind skill and sun attunement at? Also, do you have sun specialization?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Hm, I'm going to have to add blind, fireflies, and berserker stance to my deck. ;) What I didn't like about fireflies before is that I could just kill something faster than wasting time casting fireflies than killing it (for small HP targets). But I can see it'd be helpful for targets with a lot of HP

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  13. Sway

Sway Avatar

he pointed out that he was earth and tactics

14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

No sun spec, all but enlightenment is level 120 and enlightenment is 140, and I had no sun gear on.

Yep vs bosses its great, combined with the bind on archer its insane. Now remember, crit chance is a comparison of your dex vs the targets dex, so the higher dex the target has, the less chance of that happening. And tactic spec is used to get the crit damage high. As you can see though, I only had 80 in spec, so that 75% crit damage vs 25% without spec.

BAH I just double uploaded the same video and deleted the one of mac using polearms :(. I will make it again later but I cant wast no more time on this right now. Needless to say, he did not get the insane crit rate from blind like big mac did, the full charged charged attacks with 330 str and fireflies were topping out at about 500-600, only half of what the archer was doing. That envy bow is crazy when it crits.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The big thing too is that with light armor you will get dodge so high, your damage resistance is no longer a factor, so Berserkers stance is great.

I got myself the dodge 3 day blessing, buffed up my dodge as much as I can, and now my DR is at 0, but I survive better than ever (granted things die faster).

With 110m total exp when I respecced Friday, I can say without a doubt that this build is probably the the best for someone with around 100M exp for PvE, and will net you kills you couldn't imagine getting.

Sara Dreygon and Mishikal like this.
  16. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

On regular Mac. Those specs are for Big Mac the archer, nothing to do with regular Mac who was in undies casting blind and Fireflies.

17. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Granted envy bow gets a 3x Crit multiplier vs 2x for other weapons. With Polearms, Puncture and skewer can net some nasty crits too, but focus cost :/

18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

With that same gear on, cuz its not heavy armor it was light, missing a bunch of str because of that, level 140 base and 140 puncture and the puncture mws on both spears, was topping out at 800.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  19. Sway

Sway Avatar

ahh yea sorry. Mac was fire moon a few days ago but that could have chanced. and will after watching this video.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Err... what? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.