(NecroThread)Archery "adjustments"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

And you dont feel there is something wrong with that? What was the point in the dev making the skills and a focus pool if you dont use them cuz they are inferior?

2. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

No, you would still suck as archer on any level in single player pvp. It easily can be countered.
    15 pages of you and Sara crying about charged shots, where you was for years with bugged OP deathshield ?

3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

What? I'm only in 13 of the pages, at most.

I also don't use death shield and never have. It's OP and also headed for a nerf. I mentioned this on one of my 13 pages.

Ahhhh... you upset you might not get to keep this an "un-nerfed" thing?

You'll probably still be viable without it.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    amarious and Mac2 like this.
  4. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I posted same screenshots on forum and into discord channel year ago, and describe situation with it and how it works. Its not the news that in some case blind give 100% crit chance on the charged shots. But it dont work on high avoidance/high sun resistance targets without sun support mage. And again you need support mage to implement it right way. Blind has too long CD and blind from archer is two weak in MOST case.
    And I would like to notice that posting screenshots from practice dummy is a bad move, it looks great for new players but not for veterans who know what and how it work in this game.

P.S. Death shield its not only OP its bugged, it should make only dmg into hp transfer, and by the fact it make incoming dmg less in huge scale.

5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Yup. For me, someone deciding to put on death shield can turn a 99% fight into a 1% fight. At least to counter it I just need to do the equivalent of 5k damage to them... if they'd stop moving long enough for me to hit them non-stop for 10 seconds or so.

Mac2 likes this.
  6. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

I figure the skills are there, it’s up to the player to use what works. Prior to the change up I had a different bow, and had critted in excess of 1100 with aimed shot. But that’s few and far between, and it takes a while to crank up aimed to 6-stack. With beserkers I can get shots off pretty quickly. So, this works for me right now

7. Xkillerz

Xkillerz Avatar

Looking into this it seems changes are coming soon. Let me give my 2 cents as I have been playing bow and xbow since release. Overall what I would do to balance it properly out. Add damage fall off based on range. Nothing too crazy. But this to avoid people doing 1k+ crits from too far away. You need to keep a certain distance to do max damage. Charged shot? Well in my option leave this untouched. But instead, make the skill arrows way stronger.

1. Aimed shot give it an increased crit chance as its an aimed shot and 30 to 50% more damage.

2. piercing shot give it a broke armor debuff so you do more damage for a few seconds.

3. disable shot and blinding shot are fine to me.

4. Add a skill like arrow rain a aoe arrow skill that we can do same more aoe damage combined with Multishot.

5. rapid fire give it a bit more damage increase.

This is to encourage skill usage and less encourage to only use charge shot or you need to charge more bars but a higher attack speed people can easily get that the balancing need to be done properly.

Tactics spec and other specs hard to say currently you are gonna do higher damage when you reach end game but at least allow to have fun with your class of choice.. I feel melee can be buffed a tiny bit more in damage as they have to close that range in.

The shields fix it where it's needed. Air shield, for example, is needed against the clockwork dragon.

Envy bow is an event item should not crit that much. Crafted bows should be the best in slot or combined legendary artifact bow.

8. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

You are 100% correct . Aside from passives, every active skill in the archery tree is terrible. I get what @Mac2 is saying about charged shot. When skilled up to 150 Ranged skill and in concert with at least 120 berserker stance and 120 in all the damage passives on the archery tree, a few vital passive abilities in the subtlety tree and some strength from earth, you have a monster of a 1 trick pony. I am 500 Million XP into this build and it is pretty bad ass. I would not object to a gentle rebalancing of charged shot, if they took an equal but opposite effect and buffed the absolute rubbish that is aimed shot/piercing shot/rapid fire / Multi shot and Blinding shot. (Disabling shot works pretty good when paired up with field of ice. I always enjoy @Mac2 's videos, so I am looking forward to this one as well.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  9. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Good question, but what about the Big Mic? ;)

Arya Stoneheart and Sara Dreygon like this.
  10. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

That's great on a practice dummy, Can you show me the same results from an ancient dragon? where you are not standing behind a stationary target with all the time in the world?

Cordelayne likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Actually, blind does nothing if you're behind your enemy.

Mac2 and Sara Dreygon like this.
  12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

But some of the passives in the subterfuge tree do, which I believe is what they were alluding to (backstab)

13. golruul

golruul Avatar

Nope, not a false statement. As far as I know the devs intention for ranged tree is to be the best generic single-target DPS tree. Reality results may be different than the design, but I was referring to their design goal.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Backstab doesn't improve your critical chance.

Mac2 likes this.
  15. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

But it increases total damage, including that of critical hits.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Completely unrelated to the post that I originally quoted. The backstab bonus is pathetic compared to what @Fenrus MacRath was talking about.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  17. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Watch Schleiph's videos on Twitch... he's been soloing them since level 100 with little to no effort. I linked them above.

He uses Air/Tactics Spec. Uses Air Shield with Passive Stance (when in trouble), Berserkers, Dash and Charged Shot. It's insane!

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Do you have a link to a specific noteworthy example?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  19. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

If you want to know how broken it is, watch girls names stream right now, solo spider queen 100% crit chance with envy bow charged attacks doing constant 800-1200 damage. OH YA, not broken at all LMAO.

20. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Chris is looking into many of the bugs linked to archery, such as Blind granting 100% crit chance when charged attacking from the front.

Also @Mishikal I made a mistake in the Charged attack formula last time, the current formula is 0.4 + ( x * 0.35 ), and will now be "Nerfed" to 0.4 + ( x * 0.33 )

So Pre-Nerf, an 8 stack Charged attack would give : 3.2 times the damage from an auto-attack
    Post-Nerf, an 8 stack charged attack would give : 3.04 times the damage from an auto-attack

Also, Pre-Nerf a charged attack tick for a bow would take 0.18 seconds, so 1.44 seconds per full charge, and Post-nerf it will be 0.2 seconds, so 1.6 seconds per full charge. This means, in terms of numbers, that previously you could get 2.22 times more DamagePerSecond from a charged attack, and after the next patch it will be 1.9 times more DamagePerSecond from a charged attack. It isn't a huge nerf, but Chris said this will be the first step of a 5 micro-nerfs for Archery. For the casual player, you wont even notice the nerfs, this will mostly affect the high end min-maxers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.