Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Discussion in 'Release 68 Feedback' started by Kyosa, Jul 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyosa

Kyosa Avatar

A 10k or a 20k health end-mob is way too much for a T3+
    Btw, in a T3+ skeleton there is no overpowered lich at the end , so why ?

Imagine new players , its no fun at all.

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The + in the tier name means you will probably find way higher than tier 3 creatures in this zone, so you might want to be cautious when you explore it.....

3. Kyosa

Kyosa Avatar

I agree, anyways if so.... they should appear in every T3+ and not just near the starter area

4. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

or... and this is a novel idea... how about they DON'T appear near the starter areas???

Kyosa and Arya Stoneheart like this.
  5. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

that's a mighty big + to find in a T3 area. No reason the + type encounters in a scene couldn't scale appropriately to the base scene.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

We don’t have Level scaling, thank gawd. That’s terrible design.

Kyosa likes this.
  7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

We don't have that tech. What we do instead for random encounters is have low-threat monsters when the scene comes up and a greater threat appears as you kill enemies. That "greater threat" might be one high-tier enemy or a set of high-tier enemies. The tier of enemies could be 6, 8, 10, or higher, and possibly a combination of high-tiers. So if you want to fight a few enemies then skedaddle, you can. If you want to fight against all comers to draw out the greatest threats, then that's also an option.

Sean Silverfoot, Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  8. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

Thanks for the insight Sannio. I suppose i did speak a bit out of turn. (not being a dev and all) Is that how any of the + tiers work? Would an 8+ level start at 8 and tier up to 10 or higher quickly? I don't recall that dynamic working in say Ulfheim which would be 8+ i think.

Fenris

9. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Sannio Maybe one improvement to the random encounters using tech already in place? could be once the 'threat' in the random encounters is clear - the game says a message similar to "You sense the threat has passed" - like Sieges do once you clear the cabalists.

10. Kyosa

Kyosa Avatar

Again, i dont see the point/fun/ if you enter the T3+ ini and you have to leave cause a mob with more than 20.000 health appears.
    I dont think my friends will join cause i wanna beat ONE mob with no "better" drop.

Ores and scorpions for example are somewhere else too, and i dont need a fight which takes prob. 20mins ore more with my healer friend.

11. Sannio

All the random encounters that way, but it's not that way for other scenes. Sure, there's a few places where we set up a wave battle where killing lower-threat enemies will bring out the tougher ones, but they are special cases. Examples would be the phoenix battle, and the dragon in Grunvald.

Jaesun likes this.
  12. Sannio

I love this idea, and I'm not sure why I didn't already do it. I added it as issue #65455

13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

But what were you expecting more? If it had not been the 20k scorpion, nothing else would have spawned, that was the last wave, which is not even guaranteed to spawn. If it had not spawned, that encounter was done, nothing special left to do (unless you don't gather the resource nodes until the end, in that case simply gather as you go around it). You would have left that zone and that would be it, instead, a 20k mob spawns, and you simply run, I dont see much difference.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Well, it used to spawn a Darkstarr Corpion, which is much more reasonable for a 3+ scene than a Darkstarr Destroyer.

I entered a wolf encounter the other day and it spawned a Lupine Destroyer at the end. Also not cool for a 3+ scene.

15. Kyosa

Kyosa Avatar

There was a harder mob at the end befor last patch too, but able to kill as a solo after you skilled up and learned how to do it.
    In the T3+ skeletons road encounter there are no changes for example , the mage lich is harder but possible to kill as an "end mob".

16. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Corpion random encounters have always been wave battles with Darkstar Corp at the end. Thats how you get the Monk, Researcher and Bounty Hunter to show up. Luminous Activists are currently in those zones as well so that might be part of the threat level in those encounters.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

...but now it might be a darkstarr corp, which a reasonably high level person can solo, but it has a chance to be a large darkstarr corp or a darkstarr destroyer.

Belladonna Rose likes this.
  18. Kyosa

Kyosa Avatar

Tried T3+ two times today and 29000 health darkstarr corp appeared in both tries.

19. Sannio

The "high threat" wave enemies are randomized. The Darkstarr Corpion doesn't always spawn on purpose.

20. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i think the complaint is the random insertion of the new high-end tameables into encounters. it's one thing to come across them in a scene, you can just choose to go around, but in an encounter you're trying to complete, it feels like you've wasted your time.

Belladonna Rose likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.