Upper Tiers.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steevodeevo, Aug 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Now thats its 2 mil attentions, the CP's might be worth trying, the ramp up is what made it longer to atten at 1 mil, but at 2 mil, they might be = if not better. And I can solo sanctus spine really easy.

Jaesun and Brass Knuckles like this.
  2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I’ve always like cp’s it’s still stand in one spot and everything comes to you, they are harder than UT and about as rewarding. Idk why more groups don’t do them to be honest. Oh right I do ut is the path or least resistance.

Tar is a very very easy solo player attn with better loot. I’ll bet that zone has been stealing many UT members away.

afkers however UT for life ;)

FrostII and Mac2 like this.
  3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I think sanctus is easier then ut for me.

4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Sanctus is awesome with corpse explosion and air shield but I have to work to solo it.

I think my new solo xp spot is tartar for ease, slow mobs and lazy circles with lots of burning bits.

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Try ice field and meteor shower on sanctus, the slowing of the mobs and damage before they can reach the cp makes it easy. Hmmmm, maybe I will do a video for it.

Vero, FrostII, Geaux and 3 others like this.
  6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

As a Lvl 100 whose only solo attenuation spot at 1m was the rise before the mages got buffed. My gosh was I surprised at the easiness of doing Tartarus, but what hooked me to it is, I cant stand in 1 spot, I absolutely need to move around, and I've noticed that crowd control on the zombies means they enrage more often, but when wisps join the mix, no CC can prove fatal.

What I dislike about UT is the lack of challenge as a group while still being so rewarding, but then again, UT solo is something crazy hard. I really think the "standing in one spot" is what gets on people's nerves, give the same challenge and reward in a zone where you need to move, and everyone will love it.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    Ataniiq, Vaiden Luro, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  7. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

I am sorry in advance for this reply, because most players that started later have had their first UT experience where they are pretty much there to check the wind direction and loot without dying...inviting folks to a group that is simply powerleveling a bunch of players without them being aware of that is pretty bad...

What came to mind upon reading your post, was a mega bolt that hits the lowest DPS player in the group, on a timer, with hilarious side effects that endure long after the death...

Just humor, because I am pretty confident that most people here were in UT a bit prior to being level appropriate to actually contribute in a meaningful way...

8. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Then you should not have joined and here's why..

In chat a few folks were very lightly discussing UT, tossing around exp gain, how hard it was etc, and a number of new, casual and lower level players said they had never done it, couldn't get an invite, and had heard all sorts of stuff about the exp vs and effort, so we decided to form a ragtag group with no expectations, no grief from elites and no prejudice on level or capabilities, just to see what it was like, hence the name of the group and the chat around the invites making it clear what we were about..

I think where it went wrong is there were 2 UT groups being advertised at the same time: our little circus and a group who it would appear consider themselves elite players. Both were stuck at 3 -4 members so the elite group decided to merge with ours to get a full party.

It would appear the elite group in deciding to disband their own party did so but didn't respect our purpose or bring with them their adjusted expectations. In fact it is now clear that this elite party joined our little experiment to hijack it (prove us wrong). Interestingly, as an experiment, we weren't trying to prove anything, we were simply having a light hearted look see. As is said above, it is now clear that the intent of this sub set was to ignore the premise of the host group and make it a full on UT exp run irrespective of the basis of the group. It appears we were 'assimilated' to make up the numbers! :)

The mists now clear for me... As i've suggested before, I was pretty baffled, bemused and amused how our ragtag band seemed to be successful!!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

The only reason this thread has lasted for 3 pages, is because - in your OP - @Steevodeevo - you said nothing about your pre-conceived intent to have a horrible UT run.
    But instead, you simply implied that anyone can go in any group to UT and attenuate while being AFK and web browsing or whatever, as in - quoting your OP :
    which, as @Brass Knuckles & @Mac2 have explained - is woefully misleading, if not categorically untrue.

Your "ragtag band" would certainly HAVE had - the "worst ut ever" - had not BK and his couple of high levels joined (to do the majority of the "work" while you sat on your afk behind).

UT is only as easy as the specific people who are in the group make it.

It can be "impossible" as in one recent post by @KDH a little over a week ago:
    Or it can be a piece of cake.

It's all in WHO is there and WHAT they bring to the fight. ;)

I encourage you to get another group of low levels and see how easy it is for you to atten with no help from any high levels. (And be sure to go AFK while you're at it).

Let us know how that one goes.... we could all use a good laugh about now....... :D

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  10. Vero

Vero Avatar

You do Sanctus video @Mac, i do Superstition C viddy :p Bring love back to CP's!

@Steevodeevo nice thread man, quite interesting read

11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Your facts are again off, I as a single player joined your run not as a group I noticed there were a couple other decient level players also in group. I missed any pre text conversation and assumed you lacked confidence you were able to do a upper tears run I did come in to prove that it could be done but more importantly I came to help you and you were afk.

FrostII and Mac2 like this.
  12. Fungus44

Fungus44 Avatar

Just read thread end to end and this is what I'd have typed too!

Personally back when the game was pre 'pre' released and beyond I got to group with @Mac2 and a few others with comparable skills and knowledge in most the pass instances.

In short blimey!!!!

What I learnt there from those guys n gals helped me immensely with the style of game play they unwittingly championed and suited my play style to a tee, once we even had Lord British join us as we burnt through waves as Port wanted to see how we were doing it, I'm sure because the general cry was 'they're cheating etc.' & he (LB) saw first hand it was clearly purely decent builds with co-ordinated teamwork, hence I believe it attributed in part for the big nerf bat that swung across all passes and subsequent loss of many of my friends whose perception of fun became spoilt overnight with no realistic alternative being offered as a replacement.

Post these nerfs DoD guys all started new chars to burn through new builds to have alt PvP chars for exploits in booty bay that alas never came to pass (different story), but for us the fun was handling content that stretched our personal skills when gaming and it really was fun killing mage room / monkey room / UT with smaller group instances but still chatting / slagging each other off in our private channels on discord.

Sara Dreygon and Mac2 like this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Did the XP in Upper Tears get tweaked? I was unable to attenuate there last night after patching to 1027.

14. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Heard something similar today! Either groups are getting worse or it has been tweaked!

Barugon likes this.
  15. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I was in a group last night, all on 1027, and we attenuated five times. 10M XPs on a weeknight. Good stuff.

Wait. I hope Chris doesn't read that.

16. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

17. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

19. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

XP needs to be normalized in some way, it's absurd how much XP you can accumulate by grinding specific things and how little you get if you actually try to enjoy the game at your own pace, because it's not fun to be stuck not being able to train just because you're killing the wrong things.

Xandra7, Jaesun and Bedawyn like this.
  20. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I agreed with this once upon a time, and for months/years i refused to do control points or Upper Tears for this reason. However recently i have been doing UT and i can now see why this mechanic is a necessity that needs to be continued now it has been started.

Reasoning, CP's/UT/High XP scenes allow new players or players with limited play time to keep in touch with old players, if they are removed or radically altered now then there is no chance any new players will ever compete with older players….and that means...no new players sticking around if they cant ever get close to those that have had this advantage for ages...

In short...now its in...it cant really be removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.