(NecroThread)Archery "adjustments"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I killed one Envy boss in my life. I use tunic crafted by myself with no double same major stat.
    I would prefer to delete those crafted tunics from the game, seems it just very hard or impossible, but I dont see big problem with them:
    Best chants are gem based on tunics not major stats. My tunic give me 30+ str at the day, I have tunics which give around 40 STR for earth users. Also after 250 Int does not matter at all and hit 250 is not very hard if you high level, you just need sun buff in instance or sun spec, so those +6 additional INT is almost nothing, I would prefer another major stats even in PVE.
    Becouse sometimes you say strange things, like archer outdps you in UT. I understand that it depend on enviroment, for sure if whole agro is on you, archer can do that. But if you compare archer SOLO UT and Fire+life SOLO UT which is far more fair test for understanding strength of tree, its impossible to outdps mage in those conditions by archer. So saying archer outdps me in UT its manipulation. He could not in same testing enviroment.

2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

17 pages for me. Been busy last two days so had to put tears on hold.

You keep saying archery instead of charged shot only archery, by the way. Do you know difference?

Playing this game at my level never having used magic of any kind (including shields and heals) is purposely putting myself on hard mode. Love the added challenge and wouldn't have it any other way :D. You should try sometime ;).

3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Still bugs me that a guild has double major enchant armor made due to a bug. I'd love to have double major str armor and Mac would love to have double major int armor but we reported to Chris while and unnamed guild o_O was pumping out armor. The bug was fixed next patch but that doesn't change the fact that this unnamed guild now has armor that can no longer be made giving stats that can no longer be reached. Maybe that is a contributing factor to some people killing everything so fast ;).

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  4. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

[​IMG]

Idk why I got called a noob lol?

Fister Magee, Sara Dreygon and Mac2 like this.
  5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Ugh, at least pick a meme that knows how to use proper grammar? ;) (You're not your... argh!)

Girlsname likes this.
  6. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

I didn’t make it but glad someone else picked up on the LUL ;)

Sara Dreygon and Mishikal like this.
  7. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

come on dude, a meme includes the context. the poor grammar IS the meme!!

8. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

9. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

there is something terribly wrong here....

Mishikal likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's been fixed.

Sara Dreygon, Mac2 and Mishikal like this.
  11. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

"fixed".

Sara Dreygon and Mac2 like this.
  12. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

Elitist much? All of your posts just seem like a big push to turd all over another player for no real good reason.

People just have to talk trash instead of just sticking 100% to the topic at hand. You are talking about one guy soloing the queen, that is not something that everyone can do without the experience plus know how. The FACT that he has been able to kill it SOLO talks volumes more than the speed of the kill. Just my two cents.

/me braces for impact of impending vitriol

13. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

I have already converted from archery to gauntlets of lead /tactics / air. I am punching bosses to death for 1400 point crits and am virtually untouched. Here is a video of me punching the Spider queen to death while one of my guildies runs the spiders around.

Let the gnashing of teeth begin Y'all!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  14. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

TBH, I really wanted to see that video... Someone would do that, I would become a punch master for sure.

The only person I saw become a punch-fu master was Yordic Meyers, and it worked ok, but I doubt it was top tier efficient.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Sooo.... I completely get the Tactics spec, but what is the purpose of using it with Air spec? I'm assuming I 'm missing something, but I don't see what the air spec adds, other than a bump in crit chance with Air's Embrace. Is there some info missing from the tooltips, or some hidden mechanic I'm unaware of that makes it such a good combo?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  16. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Shield of Air = Damage “absorb” which scales by air attunement for better damage rates aka, less damage.

Air Attunement = Juice
    = Faster Dash = Outrun simple AI mechanics, (turns you into a full auto sniper rifle)
    DEx = +% to hit, crit, dodge = (better at ducking, dodging & diving)

Coupled with tactics spec (Bezerker) x2 crit modifier = a fun, and insane workout.

Thankfully they fixed the, “feature” where you could life tap with air shield; becoming a self efficient solar powered energizer bunny by taking no life damage, and instead filling your focus pool.

17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Actually, attunement doesn't affect the transfer rate. Only the skill and your dexterity does. However, attunement affects how much dex you get from Air's Embrace (including the attunement bonus you get from Shield of Air).

Sara Dreygon and Girlsname like this.
  18. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Aye.

The synergy flows wonderfully.
    (Forgot to mention that hehe)

Sara Dreygon and Barugon like this.
  19. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

But taking the specialization just increases the duration of Air Shield, according to the tooltip.
    Again, Spec only increases the duration, not the speed. (Based on the tooltip.)

My point being, other than a bonus to crit chance from Air's Embrace, it doesn't feel like taking the air spec adds much to a ranged build. Unless there's something I'm missing. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that on paper, it doesn't seem to be worth it.

Girlsname likes this.
  20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I didn't see where @Girlsname mentioned anything about air specialization.

Girlsname likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.