Help please! GeForce settings best for SoTA

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by Ragnarr Lodbrok, Aug 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

Hail to the techs of SoTA and all Avatars.

Just got a new computer and I need the best settings for a GeForce GTX 1050 using resolution of 3840 x 2160. Presently I am experiencing crashes ALTAIR9000. And very very laggy. I also got the Samsung UHD 32 inch monitor. It appears it only wants to use 30MHz resolution in 3840 x 2160.

If anyone knows best settings for this graphics card and in game video settings, please let me know. It is sad at the moment on the performance. My wife got this set up for my birthday. My old Dell 3160 ran SoTA smooth as butter. But I will say the world in SoTA is visually a totally new world. Detail is amazing!!!

TIA for any help.

2. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

Processor -AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics. 3.6 GHz
    8 gigs Ram
    System type- 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor
    Edition - Windows 10 Home
    version- 1809
    OS Build- 17763-168

3. Shift

Shift Avatar

a gtx 1050 isn't really strong enough for 3840 x 2160 4k resolution. well it depends on the game. maybe it could work on low intensity games. I have a 1080gtx and I can't do 4k in most games. also if your monitor is locked to 30hz that means no matter what game you play your monitor won't ever be able to display more than 30 frames per second refresh rate. your monitor refresh rate aka 30hz is tied to Frames per second. If I'm not mistaken a GTX 1050 is only really good for 1080p gaming. Also I'm a afraid that SOTA relies heavily on processor power. Unfortunately your Processor isn't that strong. Even people with 10,000$ computers won't be able to get high frame rates in POTs and some Cities with a lot of player housing.

Arcanoxer, Feeyo, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  4. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

Do you think If I got the HP Monitor that is 1080p resolution that has 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz (FHD) would run the game better?

5. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

My old system was Dell Inspiron 3650 Intel Core i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70 GHz (Which I still have)
    System type- 64-bit, x64-based processor
    windows 10 Home version 1809.
    Your advising me this one better than the new desktop? Don't worry you wont hurt my feelings of my wives, We just want to be able to play the game smoothly. I just wanted a bigger monitor a 32 inch. Do you think this Dell will work on the HP Monitor I stated above?

6. Shift

Shift Avatar

since your 1080p monitor is lower than 4k one yeah the game should theoretically run smoother. Another thing you can try doing is Changing the resolution to 1080p while using that 4k 32 inch monitor. Some 4k monitors don't scale down well so it might look a bit weird. but you can try. Your new CPU should perform better than your old processor. The problem is that Sota is still very poorly optimized and it doesn't do multithreading so it only runs on 1 core. Like I stated before you could have a state of the art system and sota will still lag in Player owned towns.. or areas with a lot of player housing. it adventure scenes you should notice a difference if you play at 1080p

7. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

Ok So I took back the Processor -AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics. 3.6 GHz. and the Samsung 4k And picked up the HP Monitor that is 1080p resolution that has 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz (FHD) and Im now running that monitor with my old Dell Dell Inspiron 3650 Intel Core i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70 GHz. Im back to running the game smoothly again but now on a 32 inch screen. It is no where detailed as the Samsung monitor, but I got a peak on SoTA in that resolution and Holy Cow! It looks amazing! Too bad SoTA cant run with those type system, its a very beautiful game and colorful as all get out! Thank you Shift.

Shift and Jaesun like this.
  8. Shift

Shift Avatar

You are welcome! :p

9. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

I also think that 8GB are too low. I usually use 7GB from the start and up to 11GB after visiting few POTs (for SotA alone, + few GB for other windows tasks)
    Regarding your
    I assume you mean 30Hz?
    This might depend on your input. I also have a Samsung 4K monitor and 1 HDMI input supports 60Hz, the 2nd only 30Hz. Please check your manual.

Ragnarr Lodbrok likes this.
  10. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

My experience is 12GB minimum for SOTA, 16GB even better (for system RAM).

Ragnarr Lodbrok likes this.
  11. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

I have ordered an "upgrade" on my graphics card. I got the Gigabyte Radeon RX 460 Windforce OC 2GB. According to Radeon in the Game Explorer section my card ( Radeon R9 360) does not meet the minimum requirements for SoTA. So I researched the best card for the Dell Inspiron 3650 and found out this card will work the best for my system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.