Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Can't get exp in party after attenuation

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by DavidDC, Jul 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I think i found the problem. When im solo, attenuation is 2m, when 2 people, attenuation is 1.75m, when 3 people, attenuation is 1.4m etc... The more people is in the group the less exp the latest person that got in will get. Thats why we dont see the attenuation icon but the exp get in very slow (til it reach the actual limit of 2m). Its like if the % of exp you get in the group diminish just like your group get larger. Like when you are 2 in a group ur supose to get 80%, 3 70, 4 60, 5+ 50 or something. Exact same thing with about exact same number is interfering with exp gained.

For testing, i did alot of round with 2 people, we were always getting 1.8m exp or so (before, it was 1m exp each set of wave in ut, now we get 1.8m in 2 set of wave, so it diminished there).

Then i tryed with 3 people, for 3 hours, 2 set of wave each hour. Me and second got 1.5m exp, third one got 1.3m, all the 3 time.

Girlsname, Jaesun and Mishikal like this.
  2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Lord Subtleton With this information provided, can you now take the time to investigate and track down the root cause? Thanks.

Dulayne, Ataniiq and Girlsname like this.
  3. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Excellent work dude!

Mishikal likes this.
  4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Atos just confirmed on live stream that this has been raised to a blocker and acknowledged it exists.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

It's still going on, I was hit with the bug again last night.

Mishikal likes this.
  6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Per Atos' stream on Monday, they've not found a bug and think the players are simply "confused". So... If you hit this bug, you'll need to take screenshots and other documentary evidence of some sort to demonstrate it's real.

7. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

After investigating this issue, we have not been able to find any cases where the amount of received experience differs from expected values. If you find a case where you believe you are not receiving the expected amount of experience, please re-post with the details. The post should include a timestamp of when the issue occurred, the values received and what you expected to receive.

8. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Its easy to reproduce, log with 2 clients at the same pc and start a party in Tartarus, suddenlty both will stop getting XP far below 2million xp. But if i play 2 clients without party there are no issue i can get 2kk with both accounts.

9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

So provide screenshots, etc... like XP of both avatars when you start, XP when it stops, provide date and time, etc, as was asked.

Jaesun likes this.
  10. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Dude nothing can be proved by a screenshot, because there are respaw timers, different clear mobs speed, range of xp gain. The issue can be easy reproduced playing with two accounts in party as it was reported.

11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Well, @Lord Subtleton has made it clear he believes you're hallucinating, so unless you can provide him solid information to act on, the bug won't get fixed.

12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

And quite frankly, if you can't produce this information after claiming you have this information, how do you know you really have it? I.e., if it is so easy to reproduce, it should be trivial for you to demonstrate...

Jaesun likes this.
  13. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

sometimes.... people look at their crafting skill tree and think they arent getting any exp...... :D

Jaesun and Fister Magee like this.
  14. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

The bug is legit, it's affecting people playing from the same household and they are leaving the game. It also affects people grouped with couples playing from the same household. It's hit me a few times. I really hope the devs can figure this out asap.

Girlsname and Mishikal like this.
  15. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Maybe the attenuation is tied to an IP address? :oops:

16. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Supposedly not. But no one has provided the detail level of information they need to debug, so we're at a stand still.

17. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

It's a very random bug, hard to duplicate.

18. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

I want to thank everyone for contributing to this thread. I have spent a significant amount of time reviewing the logs, looking for any anomalous patterns. In each case I was unable to find an instance where a player received the wrong amount of experience. Not saying there is no bug. The absence of evidence doesn't prove the thing didn't happen. We as a team value this bug reporting. Though we don't reply to all of the posts, we do read them.

Jaesun and Mishikal like this.
  19. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Ok, I will try and reproduce this bug, I will provide as much information as I can as i do it. It just sucks that when it does hit me, it wrecks the exp I get that day. I will do this tomorrow while the devs are awake so maybe they can get in the zone with me to check it out if it happens.

Mishikal likes this.
  20. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

OK, made my first run of the day already, the first one always seems to be ok, and it was. Now doing my second run and this is when we should start to see the exp get funky. I will record the run on video.

Mishikal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.