Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Gem Enchants not showing up

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Elrond, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Just did like 30 rerrolls on multiple wands staff gemmed with sorcery gem and didnt get a single enchant attached to the fire tree( attunement or fire dmg ).I have GM alchemy.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Dhanas, Chiasma and Mac2 like this.
  2. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

So I was able to get an attunement for Sun, but no other enchants showed up for me either (except attunement). I think this is because the pool for two-handed weapons is more diluted now, with the addition of the additional "major" effects in addition to the normal ones.

3. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I did not see additional effects ...we have the exact same number of effects we had before they just got buffed . If i gotta do 30 rerolls and not get an attune then why do they even bothered with adding rerolls if we just keep getting same stats over and over...anyway not arguing with you....just hoping its not a low blow like... lets make thing as they were before have them craft 100 stuff to get a good one....so im hoping its a bug as i didnt see any enchants attached to the socketed gem..will test more tomorrow.

Mac2 likes this.
  4. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

TEST RUN 1

8 ashen staff socket sorcery gem

3 enchants each with 3-4 rerolls /enchant ( looking for attunement only)

24 enchants x 4 rerolls = 96 rerrols got 0 attunement enchants , 3 ignite weapon and 2 fire dmg .

TEST RUN 2

8 ashen staff socket atenism gem ( SUN)

24 enchants x 4 rerolls = 96 rerrols got 0 attunement enchants , 1 blind .

TEST RUN 3

8 ashen staff socket necro gem

24 enchants x 4 rerolls = 96 rerrols got 0 attunement enchants , 1 drain health .

TEST RUN 4

8 hard maple wands socket sorcery gem

24 enchants x 4 rerolls = 96 rerrols got 0 attunement enchants , 1 ignite weapon 2 major INT .

OVERALL 0 attunement procs ... IT IS BROKEN .

Brass Knuckles, Mac2 and Jaesun like this.
  5. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

No, we don't have the same number of effects (sorry, I said heavyweight effects, what I meant was the new enchants). We have the new "Major" enchants that @Bzus just put in (major int, major str, major dex, major focus, major health - that's 5 and the only ones I've seen so far and they popped quite a bit for me) that have been added to the pool (if you are GM). Not arguing it's *not* possibly broken, but I did get an attunement roll for Sun when I worked a staff that was socketed. However, I only got that one roll out of maybe 100 rerolls. They may have to redo the weights of the effects. I agree that something seems off with them appearing.

6. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

But we do have the same number of effects ... minor and major for str /dex so on.... sure theyre value modified ... but its still the same number we had before ...they are new i agree ..in the sense that they got buffed but the number of effects in the pool remains the same ...we had minor major str before ..we have the same 2 now just buffed...we had minor major health before ...we have the same now just that now they are buffed .... so i dont understand why youd think we have more effects in the pool then we had before.... maybe im missing something.

Mac2 likes this.
  7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

So what got added, then? The instructions say new enchants were added for GMs, but they just buffed the old ones? Do the buffed stats only appear if you're at GM?

8. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Hmm I need to double check this. I'm pretty sure we have new values added. There is the 6.5ish stat buff and a 9ish now. I will post some some pics of what I'm seeing to better explain.

9. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

So looks like that is probably accurate @Elrond , they just changed the values. Which is not really adding new effects, so I don't know if that is a bug or on purpose. On one hand it is good because it isn't diluting the pool (and then there is an issue with the weights of the gem procs), but not sure how I feel about it.

Dhanas and Elrond like this.
  10. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

I did 5 staffs looking for attunement myself and couldnt get it,.... but since you tried some wands....... something is wrong for sure......

Elrond likes this.
  11. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Lets hope Bzus is back in time from syndicon to fix this.... before it goes live.

Dhanas and Mac2 like this.
  12. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

I decided to try a different approach: enchanting gem-socketed chest armor. I took ten Tempestry Cloth Chest Amor, triple-enchanted and Revised Effects until I ran out of chances, and recorded every single enchantment option.

Results: Out of 111 attempts, I once received the Soothing Rain Radius option and once received the Fire Resistance option (the chest armor equivalent of attunement for wands/staves). I never received the On Hit: Fire Resistance option. So that's 2 out 333 successes at receiving a gem-specialized enchantment, or 0.6%. I also had a total of 34 major enchantments, or a 34/333 = 10.2% chance.

Based on this limited sample, it's a reasonable assumption that there's 10% chance of receiving a Major Enchantment (possibly evenly divided among 5 options, although I don't have enough data to conclude this) and a 1% chance of receiving a gem-socketed enchantment (again possibly evenly divided among the 3 options). If this is the case,
    then @Elrond should have an expected value of 4 attunements out of 1200 options. So while receiving 0 is unlikely, it's also not impossible.

In any case, this seems WAY out of balance compared to the current probability of getting attunement bonuses (1/13 or 1/14). In my opinion, gem-specialized enchantments should be at least at the same level of likelihood as the major enchantments (about 2%). This is still significantly lower than the current 7% to 7.5% chance.

I'll continue to test out chest armor and wands on QA. Although if these probabilities stand for release, my best strategy would be to enchant as many items as possible before R69 to get attunement bonuses now, then hang onto them until after R69 to aim for the major enchantments.

- Lao Tzu

Jaesun and Mac2 like this.
  13. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

There is still major/minor as well now heavy weight major and minor. you can get both as options so the pool has doubled for those stats. I was just about to bug report this myself that I am not seeing Attunement or any other of the special ones we use today the most. Anyone test wands to see if its the same if so the new ones well yes have higher base stats will not be as powerful imo.
    08/23/2019 09:50
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 32653
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.QA.Win.64.862.Date.08.21.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01c_template/Silverdale Market
    Area Display Name: Silverdale Market
    Loc: (64.3, 38.0, 222.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxY190ZW1wbGF0ZXxTaWx2ZXJkYWxlIE1hcmtldHwoNjQuMjk1LCAzNy45OTcsIDIyMi4zMDEpfCgwLCAwLjcwNywgMCwgMC43MDcpfDc4Ny42NzkyfDQwLjcxNjc0fDQuOTE5ODg0

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  14. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

I did two more rounds of socketed cloth chest armor. As before, I triple enchanted and Revised Effects until running out of chance. Here are the results (including the data from the above message):

Round 1 - 10 Tempestry Cloth Chest Armor
    111 attempts
    34 Major Enchantments
    2 Gem-Socketed Enchantments (1 Fire Resistance, 1 Soothing Rain Radius)

Round 2 - 10 Thaumaturgy Cloth Chest Armor
    108 attempts
    40 Major Enchantments
    4 Gem-Socketed Enchantments (3 Death Resistance, 1 Life Heal)

Round 3 - 10 Necromancy Cloth Chest Armor
    103 attempts
    43 Major Enchantments
    2 Gem-Socketed Enchantments (1 Life Resistance, 1 Corpse Explosion)

Overall - 30 Cloth Chest Armor
    322 attempts
    117 Major Enchantments
    8 Gem-Socketed Enchantments (5 Resistance, 3 others)

117/(3*322) = 12.1% Major Enchantments.
    8/(3*322) = 0.8% Gem-Socketed Enchantments.

Again, I'm not claiming that @Elrond is right or wrong about attunement enchantments being broken. But I am still claiming that the gem-socketed enchantments are appearing way too rarely. @Bzus , please fix this before R69 goes live!

Elrond and Jaesun like this.
  15. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

This is for sure making them very very rare to get. @Bzus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.