Firewall Settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pigsnibble, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pigsnibble

pigsnibble Avatar

I can log on the game just fine in the morning and play all day, and around 7PM EST [US] start getting [POTPIE] errors that I can't connect to server or have ports blocked. Also get an unhelpful link to FAQ that has no reference to how to fix the issue.

Why can I log on all day and no issues and then have port issues later that same day. As I type this, I cannot log on the game, and had the same issue yesterday. I've been playing for 2 years and just now having these issues.

I've tried dropping the security firewall (turning it off) but doesn't seem to impact the [POTPIE] issue.

2. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

This was a problem about a year ago too at exact same date (August). Comcast would enable various blocking’s at “high volume” times. Might want to check with your ISP.

Sean Silverfoot and Lained like this.
  3. Curse2

Curse2 Avatar

I will see your POTPIE issue and raise you a RESTORED DECK. I had a deck revert to what it was an hour before. Modified it and was practicing with it, got UT group invite, returned to practice, and it had changed back to what it was previously.

4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Net neutrality eh?

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Don’t get any connection errors at all when playing. I have Century Link.

6. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings pigsnibble
    I have Charter/Comcast and have noticed that between 11:30 pm and 12:30 pm east coast time I start loosing connection. I think they update their settings and user database info every night at that time and it causes me to loose all connection for about an hour. I can run an unlimited ping and it will let me know when it is back up but honestly I just take a break for an hour or go to bed. Let me know if I can be of any more help.

To run an unlimited ping if you do not know how:

Windows
    Go to text box at bottom left and type in CMD. When that opens type in "ping google.com -t". If it dosent start or says unresolved host wait a couple of minutes and type it in again. What you should get is

PING google.com (172.217.169.206): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 172.217.169.206: icmp_seq=0 ttl=54 time=82.012 ms
    64 bytes from 172.217.169.206: icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=81.647 ms
    64 bytes from 172.217.169.206: icmp_seq=2 ttl=54 time=81.989 ms

Mac
    Go to Spotlight at top right (Magnifying glass) and type in Network Utility and when that opens go to the Ping tab, enter google.com in the address, and click Send an unlimited number of pings, then click Ping or hit return. You will get the same results as above.

Rentier likes this.
  7. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

If that's how Comcast/Charter operates - no wonder everyone in the world hates them.. that's some BS. They should be able to do non-disruptive maintenance - if you're seeing that behavior, don't get technical with their support and just call and be like 'hey every night between 1130-1230 I start experience connectivity issues' - if they try to tell you some BS like updating settings and user database - ask them to credit you for 1 hour of 'maintenance' every day on your bill.

Sentinel2, Jaesun and Rentier like this.
  8. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Over a decade Concast free here.

Never going back to that crappy company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.