Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 69 Instructions Feedback Post

Discussion in 'Release 69 QA Feedback' started by DarkStarr, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

READ THE ENTIRE TEXT BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD!

Here is an early rough draft of the Release 69 Instructions Post. Lots of stuff is still in progress, including the text itself, features, content, etc. Some things listed here are not yet in the build and might NOT make the release!

As always this thread is for editing the post itself, clarifying the contents, etc. It is NOT about debating game features, decisions, etc. Please start other threads for that.

Also as usual the links to instructions and known issues are pointing to R68 so I don't need to be told that. :)

I also don't need to be reminded about blank areas or places that say <insert more here> or are blank. I got those. :)

Also please DO NOT give feedback on the ORIGINAL text that I cut and paste from the Quarterly Schedule Post. As a rule we never edit the original text. We only put new text afterwards in italics. That way we make sure everyone knows we aren't hiding anything, especially if something is delayed. ;)

2. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

• Deco Palettes: Deco Palettes allow lot owners to have a set of "hidden" items on a lot to decorate with that are not displayed until chosen to. In other words these items are stored on the lot, but only visible in the deco palette until made visible.

This needs better expansion of what I see it as. The long form is Decoration Palette under Window Selector. Its function is more of an inventory of what is on your lot (or your POT). It has the search function of a standard inventory window. So use cases might be: Find an object on your lot that got stuck in a wall or on a roof. Bring an object from an upper floor of a house to the lot entrance. Find a POT NPC that you misplaced somewhere in the middle of the woods. Jay Nord was thinking more RP examples of if the lot owner was running a player quest to make things appear and disappear if correct actions were taken (or not taken).

So I am not certain the existing text makes any sense at all as we've seen no controls for the function you are speaking about. You could hide things in a back lot or walled off area of a lot, but they don't become invisible or out of view perceptively.

3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It would be useful to provide some examples here. Are they all at once, or staggered over 100-140 skill? Are they all dependent upon socketed gems? More information is better.

Masterwork.

Consider "We have decreased the minimum value for Roll to 1. The default Loot Mode is now Roll with a value of 1."

How do you add items to a deco palette? Are you limited to one deco palette, or can you have multiples? Purchase options? Can only the owner toggle a deco palette, or can you assign this by access rights? Can you use this in dungeons?

Thanks for the map fix! That will help immensely.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you know someone is going to ask if the new beasts can be tamed, either this release or ever. may as well answer preemptively.

5. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

You're missing the Ring of Life and Maple Band from this list (both confirmed to be updated on the QA server).

Also, Frozen Tear should be Frozen Tear of Titans. Wayland's Loop should be Wayland Loop.

Finally, it would be nice if this list was in alphabetical order (or at least some sort of order that makes sense).

- Lao Tzu

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  6. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

To add to Stryker's comment- The description in the instructions sounds like what Atos has been describing during his streams. But it in no way matches the deco palette on QA. I believe either works for the intended purpose- to allow someone else to place your items and have the items shown as placed by you so you retain ownership (but moved by the actual person placing the item). If there is supposed to be a way to add additional items to the palette in some way other than just placing the items on your lot please let us know so we can bug report this issue.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

carpentry merchant is an odd place for that, since the unflipped version is on the etceter deco merchant.

correct to Chrysopoeia

Jaesun likes this.
  8. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

May be good to know WHERE to find Despair? :)

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  9. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

10. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

11. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'll get it in the R69 update!

Rentier and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.