Guild war - It's all fun until you meet the exploiters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antrax Artek, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Well the mechanics of the game do hold some flaws or are they? As questioned by myself in various streams. If you are stunned how can you use smelling salts? With Air shield it states in the description it absorbs all damage yet it does not. Dodge is another that when stunned one could dodge etc. So there are for sure some issues but as mentioned in many areas. I myself have dabbled in PVP and almost got dragged into this war which was one of the most interesting days I had lol. I can say PVP in current state is not ready as a main part of the game. It was mentioned recently that there will be focus on PVP in the coming months so hopefully some of the above will be solved so we can all be happy and have meaning to PVP. I do think they should really look into some reward system of some sort. Perhaps we need realm towers located all over novia that do simular to DAOC or others where the victor guild and or faction gets a buff. They were talking future chaos vs order based on virtues as a possibility.

Boris Mondragon and Sara Dreygon like this.
  2. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Most of the guilds around never did a guild war, you shouldn't be scared of it. Afaik there has been just 5 guild wars in this game since persistence, with a Total of 5 guilds involved in those guild wars.

Boris Mondragon and Lily Byrd like this.
  3. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Yes, but the guild I was in said they would not engage in guild war, that is why I joined, then they decided too.... So, I play it safe and not join one.... I think everyone should have a choice, if their guild flags for pvp, for every one to except to join in and or except to opt out, and not be forced to do something you don't want too ...

4. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

Just do what I did. Create your own guild.
    I am the Chairperson, President, secretary, janitor etc.
    One person guild.

She Devils for ever!

LOL

EDIT:
    executioner with a pickle jar

BTW I hate pickles, and those things in the jar are not PICKLES :p

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

@margaritte

Freaking Care Bear Stare...love it MM, I died when I read that. :D

[​IMG]

6. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

You forgot to add executioner with a pickle jar *grins*

R/Boris/El Pirata

7. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

This thread is a prime example of why a CM is needed for this game. I'm not surprised that this has clearly contributed to @Marcus SaintClaire and his friends to pass up on playing SotA. Perhaps the powers to be at Portalarium will learn that hiring a CM is crucial to the survival of SotA.

8. parallelogram

parallelogram Avatar

Less than 400 concurrent players and diving. You are all sitting here arguing with each other over facts that are as clear as day. OCX always fights dirty, always. OCX knows this and so does everyone else. This should just be expected.

These bugs are legitimate and regardless of whose ego is larger, they need to be fixed or Shroud will continue hemorrhaging players. Shroud would be a great game if we could get it back up to around at least 3000 concurrent players. So instead of arguing while this ship is sinking, let’s start rallying together and fix this **** before it’s far too late.

9. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Then what's the point? What do you get out of it...… what's the difference of being a 1 person guild compared to just not be in one? Is there some sort of benefit your stats get? or what?

10. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

OoOooOoooOoOoo I likey forum PvP!

<3

11. Knud Mikkelsen

Knud Mikkelsen Avatar

One thing I'd like to start with in this rallying and building a more healthy community: When someone bests you..refrain from calling them an exploiter. There's too many variables at play to truly know if it's just a defunct game mechanic or an accident. Me and my guild's experience on being called exploiters everyday for the last week hasn't been a fun one, in fact, it makes us want to pvp less and also makes us want to play the game less with people that accuse us of exploiting(hence staying in our basements while we play other games. and because we stay in our basements we have now been called botters), but it also fuels us to be more creative in the tactics we use, so the more insults and accusations that come our way the more vindictive we will be, sounds fair? When a person who has been publicly accusing us of exploiting enters a scene that we are in we're going to leave that scene so that we don't have to deal with being called exploiters when we kill them fair and square later.

Fights dirty? I'd like to call that using tactics. We don't rush a full party of experienced pvpers head-on in hopes that we can get a few kills and repeat that 10 or 20 times. We sneak and demoralize, we bait, while the left hand is busy over here the right hand is doing something else over there. We communicate in discord, set up traps and position our selves in key locations so that we can minimize losses if they occure. We call out names to target and we have back up plans. We try to fight in places where we know, kinda like home turf. What we don't do is what AA want's us to do, line up and die. Instead we get called exploiters for unfortunate bad game mechanics that can happen to anyone and has happened to both sides. But do you see us getting our panties in a twist? No ya don't, instead we have homophobic remarks made towards us, getting called macoreres, botters, exploiters and nearly everything under the sun.

We use intelligence when we are outgunned and know when we should run. Tactics.

Mimner, Cyin, Sara Dreygon and 2 others like this.
  12. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

So, what I took from this thread is that Antrax's Army lost some guild war or something and now they are crying about it. But everything was great when they won? :rolleyes:

Cyin, Heradite, Sara Dreygon and 3 others like this.
  13. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

We didn't lose, we forfeited exasperated by the broken mechanics of this game and how our opponents used them against us.
    It wasn't my decision i just do what my playmates ask me to do as a leader.
    I prefer to ignore Alistair's last message because in my opinion it is worrying to say the least.

14. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

In sports, that's a loss. ;)

Cyin, Cordelayne and Sara Dreygon like this.
  15. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

If it had been a sport they would have been disqualified on the first day.
    But again, we don't care, call it a loss. For my mates would be a bigger loss continuing to waste time with game issues, time taken away from fun which for us is the main goal, otherwise we'll do something else instead of playing.

16. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Right, and that's why you challenged us to a second guild war less than 12 hours after you forfeited the one you were losing? That makes little sense. If this op was really meant as feedback, it would not be in the general forum section with a sensationalist clickbait title.

Mimner, Cyin and Cordelayne like this.
  17. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Yeah bro...that's a loss. Sounds like you guys had more fun fighting the Mangars. Why not just keep fighting them? What about the Russians? Fine Garlic? Is that their guild name? They seem to kick ass at pvp, Maybe fight them?

OzzyOsbourne and Cordelayne like this.
  18. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

If i did it means that my mates have requested it and that they were conscious of that. As already mentioned we talk a lot inside our guild and very little on the forum, if I accepted your second challenge shortly after retreated from yourself don't worry it wasn't my own decision.
    I used general forum section cause it wasn't a feedback dedicated to the current release but a general problem, if we used that title it probably reflects what we felt.

We will certainly do it, I have been in contact with their representative for about a month, we are just waiting for their members to return from vacation.

19. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Ladies and Gentlemen; is it possible to back off the nuclear trigger for a bit.

When it comes to PvP and PvP guilds I have very limited knowledge yet I am familiar with 3 of them which are Antrax’s Army, House of Mangar and Shadow People. I am not familiar with OCX due to the fact they never participated in our three large scale battles.

So in summary we have 4 PvP guilds and if a concensus can be reached pertaining to rules of engagement then it could help save the future of PVP here in this game. I propose the Novian convention.

Get those four main PvP guilds, start with some basic rules and start talking to each other. I believe an agreement can be reached that may set the tone for the future with the reward of great future battles and the ability to pressure @Chris to give you additional tools to use.

What happened is in the past and rehashing it will not solve anything so feel free to keep venting out all the bad blood ad nauseum or fix it. It’s in your hands folks and it’s your choice.

R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever

Spoon, Cordelayne, Bow Vale and 4 others like this.
  20. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Heh, I've been in all three of your battles, Boris, but I appreciate your level head. Our guild is very small, and so we have joined other parties during your battles to participate.

Cordelayne and Boris Mondragon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.