(NecroThread)Archery "adjustments"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I'm sure it's oversight. I should clarify, Tactics isn't on the unlearn list, but not specifically not on the unlearn list. He didn't bring it up either way.

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

When he talked about those nerds, he put out numbers to go with it that I talked about them in this thread I'm pretty sure, and it resulted in about 10% drop in total DPS combined between the slower ticks and the decrease in tick power. It will be noticeable, but should not make or break a deck, at least nothing that a bit of investment wouldn't fix.

Mishikal likes this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

It makes sense, he did not change anything related to the Tactics tree with these changes, but affected bows damage, and aimed shot directly, while changing something about air shield which explains air.he doesnt put trees on the 100%unlearn list due to builds, but due to changes affecting that tree directly.

Mishikal likes this.
  4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, I'll give it a run on live tomorrow if it's stable (Always a crapshoot the day of release) in northwest blackblade mountains against the ancient dragon and see if I get toasted or not. :p

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's more the shield of air nerf that will hurt. I understand that there are those who have insanely high skill and dex but this change will hurt middle of the road people the most.

Mishikal likes this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, I'd need to raise Shield of Air to 120 from 100, or somehow get my Dex to 250 to have the same effect I have now. :/

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Do you have the details on the SoA nerf? Having numbers might help to know how it will impact across the board, I have no idea what the impact is.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Chris had a spreadsheet in his stream and it looks like I'll go from ~0.6 to ~0.9. It's a pretty large hit.

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  9. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I was going to test the nerf on QA, but it doesn't appear to be there for testing:

Attunement is the same for both live & QA.
    Same equipment on both.
    +5 dex buff from PoT blessing
    +10 dex buff from food
    My air shield is @ 111 on both
    My dex buff is @ 101 on both
    I have the 3-day +30/-10 str buff on both QA & live
    ------
    Air shield full power + full power dex buff:
    Live: 43.2 dex for 1 hr 31 min, 0.5 transfer ratio, 26.4 air attunement for 19m 20 something seconds
    QA: +43.2 dex for 1 hr 41 min, 0.5 transfer ratio, 26.4 air attunement for 19m 20 something seconds

If the change is as drastic as @Barugon recalls, that's really unfortunate. I was actually enjoying playing this game for the first time in well over a year and before this was starting to make my exit. I don't like playing games that make the grind exceptionally tedious and mind numbing.

Barugon likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

He said the change was checked in but didn't make it for the QA build. Expect a fat nerf when you load up tomorrow.

Yet another nerf to skills because of OP gear.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    Mishikal likes this.
  11. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

We knew the day was coming — don’t want to get too emotional, but; he should probably also compare what “builds” people were using with Air Shield. AKA- Tactics. — Just allow them a respec if they want. (Because it could allow people to re-spec after this change)
    Because a lot of AiRangers are affected.

+ Side note, I see no pure air mages screaming about this new change to dex? *ponder*

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  12. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I know one that will be he just has not been on yet to hear about the changes :) .

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    Barugon and Mishikal like this.
  13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I suppose I should grind Unicorns tonight. It might be a while before I can do that again. :(

Jaesun, Barugon and Mishikal like this.
  14. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

Ya. I'm not whining or anything. I'm just sad. I'm not an uber PvP guy or ultra high end player. Just your average PvE player who's about to be a LOT less motivated to play.

Fenris

Barugon, Chatele and Mishikal like this.
  15. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

going to check out the nerfs on my SOLO ARCHER NON PVP char, and see if it sets me back again..... and then I will decide if it is time for me to pull my support or not, and just wait to see if the game improves further down the road.... :oops::eek::mad: Just when I was getting to the point where I thought I was actually improving as an Archer, out comes the bloody nerf bat again.

Asclepius, Barugon and Mishikal like this.
  16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

The supposed nerfs will be there for a reason.
    I can't get enraged about them. Never could in my MMO history tbh. Maybe I am missing the gene for that or something ^^

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  17. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I think the larger issue is that Ranged has generally sucked outside of this one particular build, since at least persistence. The changes have utterly sapped my motivation to play because I've already been there/done that outside of this build.

18. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

It does seem a bit obnoxious that people with really powerful gear seem to be the cause for nerfs, while people without that kind of gear tend to feel like they are barely scraping by in the first place. Maybe it's time to look at the absurd disparity between top end gear and average gear and balance that a little.

Jaesun and Chatele like this.
  19. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

This particular build really had little to do with gear, which was one of the nice things about it. The power came from the skills you raised, not the gear you wore. Better gear could help improve it somewhat, but it wasn't mandatory to have top end gear to do well with this build.

Dhanas and Bow Vale like this.
  20. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

The air shield one? Chris broke down why they adjusted it and how on stream yesterday, and it basically came down to extreme stat contributions lowering the transfer ratio to the point where the cost became negligible.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.