(NecroThread)Archery "adjustments"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The thing is, archer builds aren't no longer viable, they still very well work, it simply will take you a little bit more time compared to 2 days ago, or you can change things up a bit and explore something different, such as a strength based archer! You still have the best single target long range DPS out there, and you can use other shields, Like the Shield of Crystal like Mac said, or Death Shield.

2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Three but players using them are like unicorns. Dual wield hits 2 targets but better DPS. While hitting the two/three mobs swords users are getting pummeled in the face by multiple mobs.

I hear you. Just like many people picked up this style of play from others and made leaps and bounds in what they could do, there are still many archers who even without charged shot do exceptionally well... Alistair and Hagge to name a couple. There may be something these players are doing to be more successful that others aren't doing much the same as what charged shot players were doing that others weren't.

Dhanas, Barugon and Violette Dyonisys like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Ok, so last night my focus transfer with a six stack of Shield of Air was 0.63 using a six stack of Air's Embrace, the Heart of Sorrows (+10 dex), the Shroud (+5 dex) and no other bonuses. Today, it's 0.72, so not as bad as I thought it would be.

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Yeah, I think the air shield nerf isn't terrible, I'd actually call it reasonable. How are you getting the double digit precision?

Barugon likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

/stats

Mishikal likes this.
  6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Oh, darn, I was hoping there was a way to get it to display when you hover over the buff. Well good to know I can use /stats to get the info at least.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, I wish everything in the game gave at least two decimal places of precision.

Bryce Pallaton likes this.
  8. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Well my transfer rate went from .4 to .6. Not overly impressed I have to say. And I was just having fun being able to solo a number of areas - even worked out how to kill Cap'n Marcus Darkfeather. That might be on hold for a while until I work out another strategy, or even (gasp) respec a bit.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

A combat balance pass has been neglected for far too long......

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Seems to take a lot longer to do stuff now, but I still managed this.

[​IMG]

Only took half an hour, a zillion bottles of festering poison, and a mild case of carpal tunnel. Though, it kept getting hung up trying to path (while flying!) at which point it would leash and regain 4000-6000 hp. That probably made it take a good ten minutes longer. Almost had a heart attack when I got it down under a hundred and the network icon popped up. I was really hoping for a head, mostly because I don't plan on trying that again until maybe next year. (No luck, though.)

Jaesun, StarLord, Mishikal and 5 others like this.
  11. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Congrats!

I love the excitement of your thrilling bug report. ;)

Mishikal and Cora Cuz'avich like this.
  12. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I just want to say, I've decided to respec (once again!) And went the archer route to see how bad it was. Instead of taking air, I took taming (to get myself my personal tank.

Even without air spec for Airs embraces crit buff, I crit pretty darn often, and have been managing to destroy a whole bunch of stuff. With lvl 130 ranged damage and 115 draw Strength with a special Elrond bow, I am writing for 400-600 pretty much every other hit.

I'm at just about 200 dex right now with my buffs, could get an extra 50 easily If I wasnt using taming gear, and my shield of air is giving me 0.7 transfer rate, so honestly, I don't feel life the nerf was all that bad!

Girlsname and Dhanas like this.
  13. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Link the bow? ^-^/

14. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Will do when I can, but it has 2 imbued bow strings of speed (for the 15% attack speed), Hard maple bowstaff and ~+15 dex and ~+15 Str, that's the most I remember from it. It isnt the most OP bow ever, but for a small 40k this felt worth it compared to what I previously had.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I'm sure with high enough stats, just about any build is viable.

Barugon likes this.
  16. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Well I mean I am adventurer level 104, so probably a few of you are already higher level than me, and others pretty close. I didnt even invest fully into taming, everything in the taming tree is 80. What I was trying to show is how the archer build is still viable without huge investment like the billions of exp GirlsName has. I only have about 160m exp total on my avatar.

Girlsname likes this.
  17. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

You charge shotting tho?

Few months ago when I was messing with a new baby alt just CSing with a mob dropped long bow and it was clearly out preforming any other skills. lol

18. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Well yes, the only skills currently training are disabling shot for an easy access no cast time slow and blinding shot because why not pop one from time to time between charged shots!

Girlsname likes this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The focus transfer is actually worse than I thought. Apparently we're all getting an extra charge on our glyphs (see this bug).

:(

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    Mishikal likes this.
  20. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

As opposed to creating new thread here I'll add to this as veteran SotA players told me to post possible bug. Before the latest release I was mainly using ranged and wearing light armour. I could generally handle a couple obsidian wolves along with a couple other elder timber wolves or grizzly bear at the same time. After the release one obsidian wolf was almost more than I can handle. I may be seeing it wrong but what it appeared to me was every time an obsidian wolf hit me I'd lose about 50 focus. I only have a total of around 550 focus so before you know it I've zero zilch nada focus and all I can do is run away. So I left them behind and went to fight trolls - am taking massive focus hits when trolls throw rocks, ranging from 90 to 197 was the larges focus hit I took. I am taking health damage but not nearly as bad as focus - is almost unplayable.

Was about to hang it up until next release but guild members gave a couple suggestions ie switched to heavy armor and the focus drains still happen but not so severe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.