Welcome New Players!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Berek, Jun 9, 2016.

1. vladthelad

vladthelad Avatar

Thanks @Jaesun , I'll be sure to give it a try!

Jaesun likes this.
  2. vladthelad

vladthelad Avatar

I’ve started and I’m quite confused. Any review videos I’ve watched they’ve all started on a different island, starting as a shade before creating your character. Whereas for me I create my character then I just wake up in the aftermath of a battle, is this meant to happen and has been an intended change?

fooBrew likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That has been changed. Just follow the instructions given to you.

4. BuLaDiFu

BuLaDiFu Avatar

Just saying hi for my first post on this forum. :D

I've created my character about a week ago (tops) and have spent most of that time getting used to the game.

So far, I'm settling quite nicely into my avatar which....just somehow kindda....became a dual spears wielder o_O???

Illogical right? Technically impossible right? I know I know...hahaha.

Anyway, for the time being, I'm camping out at Ardoris and roaming around that area until I get stronger I guess.

Haven't decided on which city to settle in yet. Any suggestions? Where do most of you hang out at? Which city is the most liveliest?

5. Sunsoul

Sunsoul Avatar

Waiting on download now, excited to see what this game is all about !

majoria70, Ravenscar, Barugon and 2 others like this.
  6. Saphelon

Saphelon Avatar

Hey there! New Player here =) Liking what I see so far. Character name is 'Why'

Does anyone have a vendor where they sell taming collars? I'm not much into crafting, I might do a bit later, but prefer to grind and purchase them if possible.

Thanks in advance :D

Ravenscar likes this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Welcome, Why! Hope you will love the game as much as we all do!

As for taming collars, if you have your "Universal Broadcast Orb" you can type /t in chat to ask in traders chat. Otherwise, most of the Player Owned Towns around Brittany are vendor towns, and you will find TONS of vendors, might take some looking through, but you will find what you are looking for at some point!

8. Saphelon

Saphelon Avatar

Thanks heaps. Will definitely pick up an orb if I am still loving it in a day or two =) Ill check out Brittany

Sentinel2 likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello and Welcome @Saphelon. We have a trade channel in the game where you can ask for anything you are looking for. Sometimes you have to try a few times in case someone who is selling those is online. To communicate in the Universe chat and probably the trade channel it is /u and /t. You will need a universe orb which you get if you buy the game or purchase for $2 on the add on store. The reason there is a charge for this is because it keeps out spammers as so many other games have in their global chat systems. So we are fortunate that way.

We also have a mail system so you can buy from someone and they can mail the goods to you and you send the gold to them. It seems like you have to trust but imo I have never met anyone un-trustworthy in this game. It is quite a merchant lover game too. Buying and selling is there thing, but this game offers so much more than that but just to let you know it does offer that too. You don't have to be a crafter to sell either, you can sell special loot you find after you acquire your free deed to place a house from questing. You can then buy a vendor from the deco merchant to place on your lot.

Enjoy the game and I am Majoria in game if I can ever help. Just send me a friends request. I accept all friends requests. To do that it is f to open up friends and type Majoria in it and enter. That will send the friends request to me. to whisper the easiest way is to right click my name on your friends list to see option to whisper. Enjoy the game. There is really a lot to see and do.

@Sunsoul welcome to you as well. the same goes for you send me a whisper If I can help.

fooBrew likes this.
  10. Woniken

Woniken Avatar

Hey, just downloaded the game and having some problems.
    While making a new character, I cant make the game accept any name for the character. It gives me invalid name. Can anyone tell me why is that?
    Help me please!

Jaesun likes this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@Chris is some service down?

12. Toular

Toular Avatar

What kind of names are you trying?

13. Woniken

Woniken Avatar

No worries, I made an account. Just had to restart the game.

Lord-Galiwyn and Jaesun like this.
  14. fooBrew

fooBrew Avatar

Hi all,

I was a backer of this game and played a bit through beta and immediately after launch but, due to my system not being able to keep up performance-wise, I haven't really played since then. I finally upgraded my system and it's handling everything just fine now so...I'm starting again!

I noticed that when you start a new character now, you no longer talk to the mechanical oracle face thing. No complaint about that since I thought it was somewhat pointless and a bit of a throw-back to the Ultima gypsy. So I guess everyone just starts exactly the same now? I just noticed that my stats are strength 10, dex 16 and int 10 and I'm wondering why dex is much higher? Could it be because I was using the bow for quite a bit through the first couple areas of the game (I've only been playing for a few days now)? Or does everyone start with those stats? Does the use of certain weapons/skills/spells effect str/dex/int and increase them with use? I'm not finding a lot of info about the base mechanics so I thought I'd ask here.

Also, does anyone know of a good resource explaining all the video settings in the client?

Ravenscar likes this.
  15. Ath33na

Ath33na Avatar

Hello.

Lord Aventine and Ravenscar like this.
  16. weonruso

weonruso Avatar

Hello there :)
    About your stats, my guess is you have some item + dex, or buff. Every one start with 10/10/10.
    When you train basic skills you can "open" passive skill which will give bonus for dex,str,int.

Lord Aventine, Ravenscar and fooBrew like this.
  17. Sam96

Sam96 Avatar

Welcome to new members

Lord Aventine and Ravenscar like this.
  18. Winterweaver

Winterweaver Avatar

Hello. I'm one of the newbies (but by all means - not a noob) and wanted to make myself familiar with the forums as well as the game through the forums.

I started my mmorpg career, thousand years ago by entering Ultima Online ½ a year after it was launched - so I have been on the lookout for exactly this kind of game. I expect much and everything from it.

I will be accompanied later by my wife. We are both from Denmark. As a good hubby I want to support her by being properly prepared for survival during our very start.

Just a few fast questions before I surf the forums and/or enter the game;

For those who played UO (or not)

... are there safe places or cities like Trammel vs Felucca? (Brittania/Trinsic and the like)

... are there 'REDS', and where do they roam?

... as newbies, can your items be looted from your body or backpack - especially by 'reds'?

... can items be looted from your house?

... can we 'cry out for guards' if we are player attacked within a village / town / or a city perimeter?

... is there banking facilities?

... can items be stored within v / t / c facilities?

HOW do we survive in SotA (just kidding :)

Thank you for the welcoming page and answers in advance.

19. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The game is optional PvP. You do not start with pvp turned on.

There are banks.

See my signature for some quick basic guides.

And welcome! Feel free to ask any questions in a new topic. We are always happy to help.

Winterweaver likes this.
  20. Winterweaver

Winterweaver Avatar

Basically you answered most of my questions in very few sentences - thank you. I'll pop by later.

Anpu likes this.