Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Not Getting "Growth Rate x2.0" in Some Greenhouses

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Lao Tzu, Sep 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

We have been unable to reproduce this issue internally. As an aid to tracking down the cause of this issue, we've added extra information in the tooltip for growing plants. When the plant is receiving the greenhouse bonus, the tooltip will include the message "Growth Rate x2.0". This change is available now on the latest QA build. Please join us on the QA server - test out your placed planting beds, taking note of when the bonus is applied and not applied. If we can determine the cause, hopefully we'll be able to get a fix out for the beginning of R70.

Mac2 and Jaesun like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

just planted my greenhouse, patch 872, no bonus-rate potatoes.
    Area: Stinging Tree Hollow (POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Stinging Tree Hollow) Loc: (101.555, 41.674, -32.368) DBG: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfFN0aW5naW5nIFRyZWUgSG9sbG93fCgxMDEuNTU1LCA0MS42NzQsIC0zMi4zNjgpfCgwLCAwLjc5LCAwLCAwLjYxNCl8NDY0LjcxNzF8MzkuODA0ODV8MTg=

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Lord Subtleton

Please join us on the QA server. We would like to determine the cause of the problem. If you can reproduce this issue on the QA server, please repost on the QA bug forum with the steps required to cause this to happen. Note: If you've already got a planter bed in the bugged state, you'll need to pick up the bed and re-place it on the lot.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i DID. Note where I typed patch 872.

5. Lord Subtleton

This is the Release 69 forum. I am asking for players to post on the QA bug forum if they are able to reproduce this issue. I went to the place on QA where you found planters in a bug state. I wasn't able to repro a situation after moving the beds slightly. All three planter beds mentioned in your post are getting the greenhouse bonus.* We are specifically looking for the repro steps that cause the bed to not have the bonus applied where it should be applied, or receiving the bonus where it should not.

* A new tooltip message for growing plants on QA indicates whether a growth bonus is being applied. The absence of that message means there is no bonus.

Jaesun likes this.
  6. Lained

Lained Avatar

On the live server the water keep lot in Novia Market has a single (out of 16) bugged greenhouse it's in the north west corner. I'm currently downloading qa.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4) System RAM: 16284
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.1041.Date.09.13.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Novia Market
    Area Display Name: Novia Market
    Loc: (259.3, 44.0, 505.7)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfE5vdmlhIE1hcmtldHwoMjU5LjI4NCwgNDQuMDA0LCA1MDUuNzMxKXwoMCwgMC42NjcsIDAsIC0wLjc0NSl8LTQ0My4zMTcxfDQxLjEyNDk4fDcuODg3MjQ1

7. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

I am fairly certain the problem has to do with recent changes to the way lots load in the game. I suspect that what happens is, sometimes, the planters load in before the greenhouses. The game interprets these planters as not being in greenhouses, and if they are then planted, they will not get the 2x bonus. Moving the planters then shows the 2x bonus, but subsequent visits may nullify this. That would explain why some planters in the same greenhouse show different growth rates.

Feldon Grimshaw likes this.
  8. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

This is the first thing i've heard that would explain what we're seeing.

9. Lord Subtleton

I'd thought of that too. I've looked through the code for this, but I believe all race conditions are covered. (But I've been wrong before. ;)) That's why I was wondering if anyone could repro such a case: Plant verified to have the correct bonus, and then somehow loses it later unexpectedly.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.