I've gotten my shroud, now what?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nick, Sep 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Avatar

Planning to publish another book for players who've completed the shroud quests of around say level 75....

So, what can one do after the quests are done, the tax deeds are collected. What are the things you'd recommend a player to do?

I'll start by saying, go through Rinaldi's list and complete what you are missing.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/rinaldis-list-of-useful-links.75512/

But that's kinda too long. Would appreciate if anyone can give a good recommendation, and I can summarize and compile the info into a book.

Thanks in advance!

Nick.

Feeyo, Sara Dreygon, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  2. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

Here's my $0.02 about the "End Game" -- which actually is just the beginning.

The game has a way of splitting into several directions:

The Community -- Players will often step up into more advanced roles as Guild Leaders, Hospitaliers, Merchants, Testers and Forum Participants. They may engage in player run events by organizing, sponsoring, and participating.

The Sandbox -- Decoration, Collection, and Adventure! The process of acquisition is a lengthy one, and players may discover that they start to seek special items that make their house special. Likewise, creating Dungeons is taking on more meaning and likely to be a source of greater game attention.

PvP -- Players that want to engage in PvP will probably want to do so after they've received their Shroud. At this point, the game expands to skills that normally aren't used in PvE. The builds change, the cultures change, and the prizes for winning change.

Power Play -- Although not necessary for the main quest line, players seeking the ultimate builds will likely be more engaged after the main quest line is over. Lots of time in the Upper Tears, gathering extreme items, finding artifacts, etc. will become a major aspect of game play.

Crafting -- Some players have a desire to master aspects of crafting, not limited to weapons, armor and deco. For example, they might want to create music sheets, write books, or even start their own radio station.

Overall, I've found that trying to tackle all of these is nearly impossible. However, its often best to be patient with each and to combine these end game approaches (i.e., learn to craft and start a store, or get engaged with the community with an in-game sandbox establishment.) This is where accounts go from the estimated "80 hours" of game play to the thousands, or even tens of thousands, of hours.

Sincerely,

Engineer

Astirian, Lily Byrd, Xee and 9 others like this.
  3. Nick

Nick Avatar

That's very well structured. :p I'll use this to publish a book: Engineers: Endgame. I'll probably end it with, you should visit Festival and make it your home.

Anyone has something not so summarized? like a suggestion.... "Find a crafting skill that you like and GM it!"

Cordelayne and Datendrache like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

GM Forestry and GM Meticulous Collection Forestry, chop trees make lots of money. :D

Nick and Cordelayne like this.
  5. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

Nick Cold,

You are a gracious gentleman for creating this book and publishing it in game. Thank you so much for the first edition copy that you've mailed me! It really made my day! :)

Sincerely,

Engineer

[​IMG]

6. Nick

Nick Avatar

Glad you like it. It deserves to be a title by itself. I should have tidied up the 'epilogue' a little though. :)

7. Nick

Nick Avatar

Observe the market, see what is in demand. There's major in making mannequins recently. You can GM Forestry and GM Meticulous Collection Forestry, chop trees to make lots of money!

Sounds good. :)

No one else has other good recommendations? I was hoping to publish multiple books on this topic.

Anyone has a link to that post where avatars posted messages to be displayed on loading screen?

Jaesun likes this.
  8. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I think the key to enjoying the game is two-fold but from one idea: setting goals; set goals for yourself and your character, *and* help your friends achieve their goals.

I've done almost everything in the game in terms of quests and explored just about every scene. Character growth, socializing, and helping my hombres are what keeps me in the game.

I'm not interested in min-maxing, rares, or commerce. I try to help new players, but in my time zone they mostly just run away from me.

I can only imagine that this game would be a very short romp (relative to MMOs of course) without friends. A good guild makes all the difference.

Nick likes this.
  9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Best suggestion IMO is to create another character and see if you can obtain the shroud from scratch in SOLO play. Group play is satisfying, but can you do it all on your own too?

Nick likes this.
  10. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

1. Do you have all complete virtue armor peaces? There are two sets of each you may find ...
    2. Have you found all Virtue Banners? Especially the last 3 are a great challenge.
    3. Have you visited the Hidden Vale? Start in Braemar and visit Owl's Head Tavern / Owl's Nest & last but not least Ravensmoor (last one is very hard!!!)

11. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Here is a list of loading screen messages (its kinda old, so there may have been some edits, some new messages added, and some obsolete ones removed).

Nick likes this.
  12. Nick

Nick Avatar

Thanks! Hope it gives me some inspiration. :p

13. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Q: Now what
    A: Proceed

Nick likes this.
  14. Nick

Nick Avatar

That's sort of my opening line....

Now what? Before you proceed to your next game....

15. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Ah, well met, friend!
    This is the sandbox/mmo aspect of the game - I think they plan on releasing episode 2 (someday) - until then there are still numerous quests and adventures to be had.

You might want to hunt out a place to, er, place your village home now and secure it as a sort of base of operations as you discover the deeper game play lurking under the surface.

You want specifics I know - A good place to start is to seek out an adequate adventuring area (or many) for your character's level and continue to improve your prowess in whatever skills you've gained in your adventure thus far. Or, heck! Maybe even study a completely different adventuring school. Grandmaster of the blade? Try bludgeon! Are you a mysterious rogue of the night? What about sun magic? etc.

In this way you will undoubtedly find more challenging zones and monsters, perhaps even pick up a quest or two. Some will be incredibly easy - others.. not so much ;)

Lily Byrd, Sara Dreygon and Nick like this.
  16. Lily Byrd

Lily Byrd Avatar

Sara Dreygon, Nick and Jaesun like this.
  17. Nick

Nick Avatar

Lily Byrd, Sara Dreygon and Jaesun like this.
  18. Nick

Nick Avatar

Maybe even start a new character with a darker name. :) Complete the quests in a different way. Get 2 extra deeds for that effort too!

Seek out a new direction. :) Thanks!

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  19. Nick

Nick Avatar

oh, I was also thinking about the tell new players to visit the Fall. What's that phrase again,

"If you enter and suddenly get killed, its our way of us saying hello." @Sara Dreygon How many hellos does a player usually get? What level should that player be before he attempts to visit?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  20. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Ehh not so fast - characters share housing/bank/virtue soo you just get the 2 deeds... Try learning the new skills with your current character, but then use different equipment and decks.

Decks!
    Decks are crazy.

Sara Dreygon and Nick like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.