Tier 6 to 8 content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Sep 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There seems to be a serious lack of tier 6 to 8 zones. Content that higher level avatars can do solo. Tier 10 (like Spectral Peaks) is more group content. It would be nice to have more content that I could just go do by myself when I don't have a lot of time or don't feel like getting into a group. Something that's a bit challenging without being a nightmare or just completely impossible for me alone.

/rant

2. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

*scratches neck*

You mention Spectral P,

But what’s the content you looking for?

Mini bosses, or just a chill zone to zone out to?

3. Nick

Nick Avatar

The new zones seems more targeted to high lvl players. For the casual solo players, there isn’t much they can do beyond the T5+ zones.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

New zones seem to be geared toward either groups of high level players or new players. There is the upcoming Ulfheim update but that's a redo of an already existing tier 8+ zone.
    Yes.

5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I guess it really depends on your build on what is group content and your skill levels. I found spectral a little hard for a while but it got easier. There are some Tier 5+ that I used to step up to this point. I was technically farming the Rise long before spectral. The new zones will help for sure and some of the remakes. Ulfheim looks awesome btw :)

6. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

There's not a lot of solo zones for the more advanced among us... That's true. K'rul is a good bit of fun if you can resist the stuns, especially air magic stuns. Some of the tier 6 content (or all?) seems to be mainly tier 5 with a little extra thrown in. Wynton's Folly, for example, is a tier 5 with a Phoenix. (Unless you count the two elite skeleton mages which hardly justifies a tier jump.) Blood Bay is a cool place to thump pirates on the beach, but, ya know...

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Agreed. Choices were always between really tough and too easy. Wasn't much to do that was difficult enough to not be boring, rewarding enough to bother, and not just boss farming.

twofoldsilence and Barugon like this.
  8. Floors

Floors Avatar

I’ve got 1,500 hours over a year in the game. So I play a fair amount but I’m not a hardcore player. Also have alt char on same account who is low level.

If you do melee and not a heavy magic user, And you are mid 90s to low 100s AL, Then tier 5/6 scenes are generally too easy, (and not nearly enough xp) but the “+” style scenes except ulfheim (old) are too much, as they are mostly group content. Now if I have even one other friend and especially if I have a healer, then its fine. But we do need a couple more tier 7 (not plus) scenes for solo players so they dont have to only get XP from UT or CP activities (if you’re lucky and someone started one). There was a fun one in superstiton canyon the other day but its rare, especially in todays low pop environment.

I must say the recent melee fixes have helped and so has taming since (some) pets are far better now. Taming is a lot of fun for solo players. I can do Maleific Liches in the rhun ruins with 7k hitpoints now with no issues, but anytime I have focus draining mobs or too many high hp mobs (Tartarus later on) its a problem without a healer or water elemental (use fire and earth and de-attuned water)

9. Curse2

Curse2 Avatar

Dangerous words to say out loud me thinks! Someone may find your fun to be inappropriate and intolerable in the near future.

Seriously, it sounds like taming is fun! What is your other specialization? I am thinking about taking advantage of the no penalty untraining of archery skills,and wondering if anything else plays well with taming?

Floors likes this.
  10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Taming is great fun for the soloist and it’s good with a number of specs, the number 1 tamer in the game plays sun tamer but earth tamer moon tamer and all the physical skills go well with taming.

Curse2 likes this.
  11. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah, no kidding.

Specialized in Heavy Armor, but seriously thinking about switching to taming or tactics. The double DR at 80 Heavy Armor might keep me there, so I am not sure what to do.

12. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Just an FYI, the Taming armor artifacts are all light armor.

13. eli

eli Avatar

I thought SP was a fun solo challenge at level ~100

Of course, the reward rate is 10% of mindless UT time so the game doesn't make it seem like a good zone, but it was still somewhat challenging on a personal level.

14. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

while the new ulfiem is a nice remake think i'm still going to move to deep ravens wood evenn though it's a little lower just cause the layout is nicer for soloing now if they could just bump that zone upto about 7+ it would be perfect

15. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Not a rant at all. I think its a very realistic comment. And fully agree!

Barugon and Steevodeevo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.