very disapointed with the continued Archery nerfs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fenrus MacRath, Sep 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

So you're saying that you're a moron? :rolleyes: Hmm finally we agree! :D

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Why did this thread turn into a pissing match?

3. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Other than logging in to pay taxes or place a lot for someone, you haven't seen me in game.

Mishikal likes this.
  4. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Are you serious? Lets take a look at Fishing, then Taming, then the archery nerfs. All because certain individuals cried/ bribed / cajoled until they were given what they wanted. Chris is very influenceable, as long as you have the $$ to get his cell phone number.

Don't be naïve.

5. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

In that case..ill bring the cellphone you bring the $$ :)

Joke aside though the systems you mentioned had to be done ....there was no fishing or taming until they got a serious revamp . As for the archery nerfs i dont agree with that one either ... wasnt aware it came as a result of -- certain individuals who cried -- .

6. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Hmm.
    I have no horse in this race but this was posted on Discord.
    I only wish I could crit for that amount.

4:53 PM]Antrax:
    White pit dragon said ranged is ok

[​IMG]

7. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

To be honest i can't see the nerf on archery, the only nerf i can see is on charged shots from about 10% and boosted damage resist on bosses and this affects any kind of physical damage not just archer but archers have piercing shot :p

All i can see are wrong settings, wrong gear, wrong stats and wrong specs.

That was achieved with less than 100kk exp in archery and old gear but right specs and stats.

8. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

Does piercing shot actually do anything?

9. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

It does around same damage as puncture if you have good str and archery spec.

Sara Dreygon and Arkah EMPstrike like this.
  10. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

Just a general comment about the archery changes. IMO It was always weird/stupid for any combat skill tree to do more damage from auto attacks than from actually using skills. That was a horrible design and really needed to change. It should never have been allowed to go live and exist that way for 2+ years...

How it should have been fixed is of course up for debate. Do you nerf auto attack? Do you boost skills? It seems to me that the answer should be driven by how it compares to other combat skill trees. In my experience (mainly bludgeon with some dabbling in swords... yeah I know bludgeon sucks overall) if any skill in my tree could crit for 1,000+ I'd consider it awesome. People are still posting 1,000+ damage crits from archery skills so from where I sit it doesn't seem like archery has been knocked out of alignment with other weapon skills. In fact it seems like archery is probably still pretty good in the realm of weapon skills. Range always has an inherent advantage over melee since it can often deliver damage without getting hit in return. If archery can still hit as hard (or harder) than melee weapon skills and has the advantage of range/kiting... it sounds REALLY effective.

I think the real issue here is that the insanely bad ranged design was allowed to exist in game for so long that people got used to being able to solo ancient dragons etc. Now archers aren't able to do things that they are used to being able to do. Archery should probably never have been allowed to be as powerful as it has been for 2+ years, but the changes completely gut players sense of making progress in the game. After investing months of time building your character, its NOT FUN to login one day and be weaker than you were before you spent all that time working on your character.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It never did more damage from auto-attack than skills. In fact auto-attack remains unchanged. The problem was with free-attack and all Chris needed to do was fix the bugs. The nerf on top of the bug fixes was not necessary.

12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

If the charged shot and resist on mosnters is what the whole "archery nerf" is, the resist nerfs everything, jsut more noticable on rapid fire because each individual shot is suppsoe dto be small and therefor is easily resisted, and bows had the hihest chargeup power, which due to a bug was achievable without having to actually charge up.

i was getting higher DPS from just free-attack on a bow with 60 eagle eye skill than i was with a full onslaught of dual wielded sword skills, so that was very obviously a bug to me and i fully expected it to be fixed at some point.

Boris Mondragon and Antrax Artek like this.
  13. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

I wasn't clear with my choice of words. By auto attack I mean the free attacks. Basically the damage you can do without using weapon skills. Sorry for the confusion.

Sara Dreygon and Antrax Artek like this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The problem here is that the nerf was applied to all free-attacks and not just ranged.

BTW, there has previously been a series of nerfs to the ranged skills.

15. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

No but I wonder what level/skill points they have, and what comparable of other skills do.. it is hard to compare people in this game but antrax gettig 1k? he could probabl fart 1k damage ..

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's mostly about the gear.

17. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I'm level 114 and i was wearing old gear but right build, setting and specs. Less than 100kk exp invested in archery.

18. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Antrax isn't a super high level and I have never seen him in the very best gear, he's just really good at pvp.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  19. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Hmm I got 100 in all things archery, whatever the heck that works out as.. I dont seem to hit for more than 300, I used to manage just under 500 at one point but not recently..

So.. cleary Im a schmuck despite trying real hard.

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Don't worry, I have many ranged skills above 100; Ranged Combat = 133, Eagle Eye = 120, Draw Strength = 120, Aimed Shot = 120, Disabling Shot = 120, Blinding Shot = 120, Rapid Fire = 125, Multi Shot = 125; and 600 is a really good crit for me. Of course I'm only using indestructible gear.

[edit] Oh yeah, that's also with 100 Tactics Specialization and 120 Berserker's Stance.

[edit2] And, that 600 crit is using Aimed Shot. Compare that with the 2000+ crits that others get.

[edit3] One more thing: Chris says that he's looking at nerfing Aimed Shot because, you know, the problem is definately skills and not gear.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    StarLord, liz_the_wiz and Mishikal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.