Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Can't get passage to Xenos

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Justiciar, Oct 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

10/04/2019 00:45
    Title: Captain Steel says nothing when I choose "passage". No money is taken and no passage is given. Avitas says my business with him is done. Quest is at "Gain entry to Artifice" stage. Btw, I have to actually select "passage" after "xenos" to get this nothing from Steel, otherwise typing in "passage" just gets a "rumor" reply.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes, for this quest. I can go do other stuff but it would be nice to see if I can finish it.
    Details: I have the quest "gain entry to Artifice" in my quest book but went back to do some other stuff. Now I can't get back to Xenos because Steel won't sell me passage. I have 5900ish gp.
    Steps to Reproduce: Go through the Truth quest and talk to the guy in Xenos, get "gain entry to Artifice" in log. Recall back somewhere. Try to talk to Avitas/Steel again.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 16336
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 4062
    SotA.Win.64.1047.Date.10.01.19
    Area: Novia_R2_City_Etceter/Etceter
    Area Display Name: Etceter
    Loc: (126.5, 21.1, -29.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjJfQ2l0eV9FdGNldGVyfEV0Y2V0ZXJ8KDEyNi41MTcsIDIxLjA2MSwgLTI5LjQ2OCl8KDAsIDAuODExLCAwLCAwLjU4NCl8MTA4LjQ4NDh8MTB8MS4yNQ==

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Enter Artifice? It’s near Xenos. Just follow the road west to it.

also when you press J what does the quest journal say to do?

3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

The "gain entry to artifice" just means you have to leave xenos and follow the road on the world map to artifice just near xenos. You have already spoken to notus in xenos to get to that step your on now.

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

@Jaesun @Mac2 Hello. Please read the post. I am in Etceter, not Xenos. I was in Xenos before and did a Recall back to the mainland because I thought Artifice would be too difficult. I now wish to try Artifice again but I cannot get to Xenos from Etceter because Captain Steel won't sell me passage; the word "passage" does nothing. In other words, I can't get back to where I was because it seems Steel doesn't want to offer passage to me again because I've progressed past that point.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you only need to take captain steele's boat inside etceter to get to xenos once, to satisfy the quest. if you no longer have that quest, you can get to xenos using the normal red-sailed boat at etceter's other pier or using the boat on the overworld.

Justiciar and Mac2 like this.
  6. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.