No trade Subscriber Rewards. Sorry, that's a deal breaker.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladamir Begemot, Oct 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khal Drogo

Khal Drogo Avatar

Nope it will just shut down the game ...Account bound items are a tough pill to swallow for the current playerbase ...so try as they like i dont think port gonna get a decent income from this strategy .... it might work with new players though ..if they can get lots of new players in a reasonable amount of time ...if that fails too ....

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Mishikal and Sulaene Moon like this.
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I don't have an issue with a free no trade item. Whatever, I still get my cotos from my sub.
    But I do not like the storage hassle it creates. Ok, so it doesn't take up a bank slot, but I do have to see this stuff every time I open my bank, it takes longer for my bank to load, and I try to keep the bank for important stuff and keep it organized I don't want it cluttered with a bunch of crap.

If they want to give us a separate 'reward storage' for this sort of thing - I'd just stick them in there and ignore it when not in use.

I don't have a problem with account bound items on principle. But account bound deco/pets/things you cant store (or even use, because if you put it on a lot, it creates deco issues) not so much. Account-unlocks and such are a good way to merchandise if you don't want whatever you're selling to be resold. Cosmetic override 'outfits', unlockable 'summon/deployable' stuff that doesn't take up space are just some possibilities.

FrostII likes this.
  3. Deathadder

Deathadder Avatar

Regardless of our legitimate concerns or complaints right now (not to mention the litany of others)... whatever you want to call it, it will fall upon def ears. Most of us will venture away from the game unless something drastic happens... but for me, I am not wasting anymore money on this project.

#nomoremoney

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I meant player made dungeons, the 3 month addition that replaced finishing everything else.

Mishikal, K1000, arcdevil and 2 others like this.
  5. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

And where's the quest NPCs we were supposed to get by now?

K1000 and majoria70 like this.
  6. Khal Drogo

Khal Drogo Avatar

The problem with player made dungeons is they dont have unique content .... Port vision was ..make them pretty enough but not rewarding enough . Overworld dungeons must have upper hand over player made dunegons . This in my opinion was a mistake . It should never have been about overworld competing with player made dungeons . They should have added unique dungeon rooms for player dungeons that could be found on overworld dungeons with unique loot and even unique creatures . This way if a player wants to go farm for a necklace of purity would need the dungeon room with x creatures ...no competition between overworld and player dungeons ...would have been a success.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    K1000, Bow Vale and Sulaene Moon like this.
  7. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

A) Just wait for custom npc conversations- that will fix everything about the dungeon system!

B) Or, convos will get 60% implemented before Chris moves onto the next shiny object in his view.

*Looks at all of the systems in game left to fallow unfinished*. Yup, going to take choice B.

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

As soon as they started talking spawn totems I knew the idea was DOA. That's not dungeon building.

Dungeon building is getting to put in traps where you want them, deco as you want, enemies where you want, summon them as a dungeon master, etc.

Designing a complete experience.

They'd get a lot of play if that was the case, even if no loot was allowed. You could make actual unique experiences.

Anyway... at least we got dungeon farming instead of a working journal!

Elwyn, K1000, Virgil Cole and 6 others like this.
  9. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

That and the fact that you have to either spend countless hours doing one of the most boring things in the game "mining", or spend all your IGG for over priced granite because someone else had to go through the snoozefest.

As someone who really can't stand gathering and crafting, that pretty much killed any chance of getting involved with dungeons almost immediately.

K1000 likes this.
  10. Khal Drogo

Khal Drogo Avatar

Really i seen alot of spam ingame ..trade channel..people selling wood for gold 120k /1000... go to to bloodmark ..gesztek village lot ( sorry if i mispelled the name )resource vendor ...his add was last i seen today with people selling wood .

K1000 likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I specifically said the Player Marketplace forums.

Mishikal likes this.
  12. Khal Drogo

Khal Drogo Avatar

In the marketplace forum Cristiano has add selling wood in brittany alleys at 139k/1000..... took me 15 sec to find his add....so youre either to lazy or ....

13. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

I really need to place stuff in chests, it is how I sort my deco and crafting. Can we get no trade chests to help with these issues?

14. eli

eli Avatar

Actually illegal if there are >500 investors

Cordelayne and arcdevil like this.
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Last time I looked, I didn't find any and personal insults are not necessary.

K1000, Paladin Michael and Khal Drogo like this.
  16. oplek

oplek Avatar

Digressing a bit here. I spent lots of gold to buy blueprints to an encounter room. I made it, and put it in. Nothing was happening. No encounters. "Is it bugged?" I thought. Dungeons weren't officially done (what is?) so I gave it a rest. Later, I found out we had to get these "totem" things. Fine. I spent more gold to get a basic one.

I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to place it. The dungeons have some major intuitiveness problems. I got fed up and stopped trying.

Then later I hear that you have to spend *COTOS* to convert it into an *actual* encounter room. An actual one? What the heck was this "random encounter room 3" thing that I built then, any why was I able to built it? It wasn't labeled "random decoration room 3". That's when I was just done with dungeons.

This system should have been released when it was done and polished, and passed tester feedback... but they had to add more reasons to visit the crown store as soon as possible.

Elwyn, Gregg247, K1000 and 5 others like this.
  17. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

When they first pitched the player dungeon idea and it was a vague concept, I thought it was going to be fantastic.
    Even without the NPC stuff working yet, so much potential!

Then you realize that all the 'pretty' rooms are cash sales and you can't put any critters in em, and that the 'encounter' rooms are specific, locked, duplicates of each other. Worse, the drop rates on them are so bad its never something you can go get, and even if you can, the granite costs are through the roof. Do they want us to build dungeons or not?

The whole "rare drop" room system is a bad idea. All it does is discourage people from building anything. I understand they need to be careful to not fall into the same trap as other games (remember Neverwinter and its 'fish in barrel' dungeons at launch ....yikes) but enemies in Sota already are subject to anti-perch,anti-kite, leash code that makes it so if you get the thing stuck or it can't hit you, it resets its health and runs off, often when you're fighting it completely legitimately. So all the restrictions were absolutely unnecessary just made dungeonbuilding pretty boring. And the deco limits/deco surface issues in the dungeon make even using them as underground ballrooms etc. not really that fun after a while.

If you want players to build dungeons then let us build dungeons. Let us control what spawns where, how many, and what type. A "totem" of a particular "level" just does what it wants, sometimes, if it works. Let us put monsters in whatever rooms, spawning where we want them. I would like a mean lich to spawn here once the player stands on this pressure plate, etc. The loot and xp on the mobs is already far inferior to killing the same or easier things 'in the wild.'

18. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

My 2 cents really summarized on the topic:

Trying to implement rules looking at other AAA games it's something that I personally never would have done with a project like this in hand.
    Looking beyond, being the first to do something never seen before and succeed, create something innovative, these are the ideals that should have pushed development.

Risk vs rewards rule applies also on game development and project/business management.

@Khal Drogo you hit the mark, blockchain MMORPGS are a very close reality, if I were them I wouldn't have missed this boat.

PS: One of the key point that drove me up here were the words "Players Driven" , I would say that we have deviated a lot from this concept.

@Lord British said in an old interview “people living in and contributing to our virtual worlds can and should earn real world value for the time and value they bring to our world” , these words really
    smitten me at that time.

https://massivelyop.com/2017/07/20/...ard-garriott-backs-neverdies-bitcoin-venture/

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  19. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Discussing this internally now. No trade stuff in the shop is definitely something we want. Not sure there is a reason rewards program stuff should be no trade.

Jaesun, Elwyn, Bedawyn and 8 others like this.
  20. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

It would be more acceptable for me if the no-trade label was extended only to Vault items and/or property deeds.

K1000, Spoon, Brass Knuckles and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.